Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you sign the Leeds Utd petition?

Will you sign the Leeds Utd petition?

• Total voters

ack

Apr 20, 2006
Speak to the other clubs that have gone through financial problems,that didnt have a weasel like Bates:tosser: to bail them out,and then see if 15 pts was fair:rant:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
In regards to the timing I think it will all be an irrelevance, can't see Leeds getting any points back (Though obviously can't be sure given I know very little on the legal side of this case)

Will be an interesting one of they do get points back though, we are likely to be the 6th team if we actually get to the play offs. I can't put into words how f***ed off id be if we got bumped out for Leeds.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
april 14th the arbitration starts.

we have been in contact with a variety of clubs recently (not brighton) who were on every part of the spectrum in terms of we did right/wrong/couldn't care.

but all of them were concerned with the date of this vs end of season. and how much/little time remains.

bates is ready to roll tomorrow, but the fl want weeks to get their argument together and having seen some of their legal stuff they need more thana few weeks but hey ho.

anyway. the arbitration as it stands now is NOT binding and a counter action can be made from either side. so we have arpil 14th - 2/3 day for arguments a week (could be done in a day mind) and we are up to 24th -ish of april for a decision.

we get our 15 points back peachy, the fl (other clubs perhaps) take counter acttion.

we do not get our 15 points back and we take counter action.

complete confusion for everyone, us, maybe you lot and the others in the play offs.

now we might be 15 points outside the play offs by then anyway so it all becomes a moot point. but will be interesting if we are say 3 points outside on april 24th and bump a team out.

not saying anything on the rights or wrongs because we've been there done that and all worn the tshirts - but the timing is interesting. that is all.

mrs starry is steaming. our holiday last july was ruined when i flew home because bates did the admin dance and now we were booked for morocco for easter hols and this has ruined that.

So what this basically amounts to (apart from the potential complications for your own holiday arrangements) is the fact that Leeds are now going to attempt to f*** up the entire process about who finishes in the top 6 this season. And this is on the basis that they think that deducting 15 points off them for diddling their creditors, swindling the man in the street (ie the Inland Revenue) and cheating the entire league for f*** knows how long by spending WELL beyond their means by assembling a squad they had no right to buy, is somehow UNJUST ?

Can you explain to me how this is actually ok ? Or even remotely justifiable ?
Ta.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
To be honest Paddy, I think most football supporters are fed up with the way Leeds (in particular Ken bates) are dealing with this matter. Before the season started most Leeds supporters would have given their right arm, just to have a football club in business.They were given that, after receiving their "Golden " share back.
Now Bates....and the Leeds supporters, are moving the goal posts. They,ve got their club back in the league and now they want more....(i,e. their 15 point reduction removed).
It went to a vote between the other member clubs.Leeds lost.
Still Leeds want more....(i.e.......they didn,t succeed with the Football League and they diidn,t succeeed with the Football League Members).
So now it,s arbitration. Everyone knows, that if Leeds don,t get the decision they want, it will go to court.
In other words, no matter what EVERYBODY else thinks or decides......Leeds are not going to accept it unless it,s in their favour.
To the rest of us, we think Leeds are like a spoilt child. They,ve had everything they want over the last 20 years...........success, money no object,European games, some glory etc etc. Because of shocking mis-management and abuse of money, your club now should have to repay that debt. But no............Leeds went into administration.......took the cheap way out, and now want to be able to buy who they want, when they want,funded by your now, large gate receipts, while the rest of us just toil away, within our means, paying our taxes.
I don,t care if Leeds are legally right or not, and I,ve no doubt that the slime bag, Ken Bates, is thoroughly enjoying being the arsehole that he is.
Morally, Leeds stand is indefensible.It,s time they took their punishment like a man, instead of a spoilt child, who can find a loophole in their parents argument. I,m not one for smacking children, but the slap on the legs Leeds received was long overdue for an unreasonable, badly behaved, and out of control, hysterical child......(i,e. Ken bates...."it,s not fair....it,s not fair.....I,m going to lie on the ground and kick my legs until I get what I want").
I,m grateful for all your info re;Leeds......and doing your best to put as good a light on it as possible..............BUT...........go on Holiday with Starry........she deserves it...! LOL...!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Agree completely with cjd. Whatever you give Leeds they will want more. They've never taken the punishment for their original crimes: how many people in and around the city and the club, its services and suppliers have been ripped off in the past ten years? Who bore the brunt of the £120m debt - local suppliers.
It's time Bates simply accepted the punishment and called off his army of lawyers - how much are they costing I wonder??? Start using that money to pay back some of the vast numbers of people ripped off by the club.
And no I won't be signing their petition.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This poll could really go either way :jester:

It's like asking the audience on the £100 question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
After thinking about this for 0.12 seconds, I have decided not to sign the petition. I made sure I took as much time as I needed to make the correct choice.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I wont be signing this for the same reason as everyone else.

I think the FL have blinked first again on this. First they backed down with Bates over the "share", now becaues of Bates is threatening chaos with High Court action and this hanging over the outcome of league final finishings, the FL have given an olive branch with non binding arbitration.

You know what this means, its gonna mean that Leeds get a reduced penalty and say a fine. What it means to those clubs that miss out on automatic promotion or a play off place means diddly squat.

Totally unfair in my book and I so wish that the FL had had the backbone and had refused to give Leeds back their share.

Sorry Paddy/Starry, but your club really is a stain on English football and has been since Revies days.

I will go f-ing potty if it denies us a play off place

Dandyman

In London village.
To be honest Paddy, I think most football supporters are fed up with the way Leeds (in particular Ken bates) are dealing with this matter. Before the season started most Leeds supporters would have given their right arm, just to have a football club in business.They were given that, after receiving their "Golden " share back.
Now Bates....and the Leeds supporters, are moving the goal posts. They,ve got their club back in the league and now they want more....(i,e. their 15 point reduction removed).
It went to a vote between the other member clubs.Leeds lost.
Still Leeds want more....(i.e.......they didn,t succeed with the Football League and they diidn,t succeeed with the Football League Members).
So now it,s arbitration. Everyone knows, that if Leeds don,t get the decision they want, it will go to court.
In other words, no matter what EVERYBODY else thinks or decides......Leeds are not going to accept it unless it,s in their favour.
To the rest of us, we think Leeds are like a spoilt child. They,ve had everything they want over the last 20 years...........success, money no object,European games, some glory etc etc. Because of shocking mis-management and abuse of money, your club now should have to repay that debt. But no............Leeds went into administration.......took the cheap way out, and now want to be able to buy who they want, when they want,funded by your now, large gate receipts, while the rest of us just toil away, within our means, paying our taxes.
I don,t care if Leeds are legally right or not, and I,ve no doubt that the slime bag, Ken Bates, is thoroughly enjoying being the arsehole that he is.
Morally, Leeds stand is indefensible.It,s time they took their punishment like a man, instead of a spoilt child, who can find a loophole in their parents argument. I,m not one for smacking children, but the slap on the legs Leeds received was long overdue for an unreasonable, badly behaved, and out of control, hysterical child......(i,e. Ken bates...."it,s not fair....it,s not fair.....I,m going to lie on the ground and kick my legs until I get what I want").
I,m grateful for all your info re;Leeds......and doing your best to put as good a light on it as possible..............BUT...........go on Holiday with Starry........she deserves it...! LOL...!

:thumbsup: Spot on.

I wont be signing this for the same reason as everyone else.

I think the FL have blinked first again on this. First they backed down with Bates over the "share", now becaues of Bates is threatening chaos with High Court action and this hanging over the outcome of league final finishings, the FL have given an olive branch with non binding arbitration.

You know what this means, its gonna mean that Leeds get a reduced penalty and say a fine. What it means to those clubs that miss out on automatic promotion or a play off place means diddly squat.

Totally unfair in my book and I so wish that the FL had had the backbone and had refused to give Leeds back their share.

Sorry Paddy/Starry, but your club really is a stain on English football and has been since Revies days.

I will go f-ing potty if it denies us a play off place

Regardless of who might be bumped out of automatic places/play off spots, the FL are likely to cave in to these scumbags. If it was Swindon-they'd boot them into the Blue Square. With us they deducted us 2 points for trying to save our club for f***'s sake. With Scummy Leeds-the FL officials are likely to be lining up to suck Bates's cock because no doubt there'll be a few 'expenses' payments handed out to some of them and they will all want their cut.

If these scumbags get their points back all the other clubs should simply refuse any fixture that involves scummy Leeds-then what would the FL do? Knowing the FL gutless fuckwits, they'd probably deduct 15 points from every other club.

It's about time that Bates and scummy Leeds took their punishment. Not content with screwing numerous creditors-including charitable organisations-now they want to affect the futures of how many other football clubs?

Where's the petition to kick the twats into Div 2? That would be popular...

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Regardless of who might be bumped out of automatic places/play off spots, the FL are likely to cave in to these scumbags. If it was Swindon-they'd boot them into the Blue Square. With us they deducted us 2 points for trying to save our club for f***'s sake. With Scummy Leeds-the FL officials are likely to be lining up to suck Bates's cock because no doubt there'll be a few 'expenses' payments handed out to some of them and they will all want their cut.

If these scumbags get their points back all the other clubs should simply refuse any fixture that involves scummy Leeds-then what would the FL do? Knowing the FL gutless fuckwits, they'd probably deduct 15 points from every other club.

It's about time that Bates and scummy Leeds took their punishment. Not content with screwing numerous creditors-including charitable organisations-now they want to affect the futures of how many other football clubs?

Where's the petition to kick the twats into Div 2? That would be popular...

Your final sentence has given me an idea

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's not in our interests as a football club to help a potential rival for the last play off position, so NO.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

very true. and i nearly did give my right arm. i am more than grateful to have a football club that is still in the league and i can still go and watch us play and said at the start avoiding relegation suits me nicely.

but then we had the kangaroo court (and i know you all hate leeds and hate bates - and that is fair enough) but when what went on last summer is blown apart then you'll still hate leeds and hate bates but maybe you might start wondering about mawhinney as well. because there is a very good reason from the fl as to why they caved in and gave us an arbitration after months of saying no and ignoring us, once they realised bates was going to the law lords and was not going to go away they realised he was going to blow them open. bates is as dodgy as they come but when this is all said and done and the dust is settled they is plenty other dodgy scrotes to be named and shamed.

some of the legal sorts have even worked for free, countrygull ;)

the fl have got themselves in a pickle. luton town - 40% of their debt is to hmrc - about £2.8m and HMRC are set to refuse the cva. mawhinney does not want administration to equal -25 but because hmrc cannot come to an agreement and are no longer a preferred creditor no one will get a cva.

what a load of hot air from ling.

"My big gripe with any change now is that we've been involved in a race all season in which Leeds have been 15 points behind us all. Indeed, we've factored that into all our plans"

what plan? oh we can lose this game because leeds are 15 behind, oh we wont sign that midfielder because leeds are on a deduction.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
To an organisation that even diddled the St Johns' Ambulance out of money, it has to be a big fat no, I might have gone for yes if the current administration had agreed to make good all their debts at 100p in the pound and not something far more derisory.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
but then we had the kangaroo court (and i know you all hate leeds and hate bates - and that is fair enough) but when what went on last summer is blown apart then you'll still hate leeds and hate bates but maybe you might start wondering about mawhinney as well. because there is a very good reason from the fl as to why they caved in and gave us an arbitration after months of saying no and ignoring us, once they realised bates was going to the law lords and was not going to go away they realised he was going to blow them open. bates is as dodgy as they come but when this is all said and done and the dust is settled they is plenty other dodgy scrotes to be named and shamed.
So let's hope they're all named and shamed and that Leeds keep their 15 point deduction.

And it's a bit rich of you having a pop at Ling for his "hot air". If you want to see "hot air" you want to have a look at that shit petition and explain to us how, as Bates explains it, this is for the good of ALL football supporters.

What a f***ing tosspiece.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
So let's hope they're all named and shamed and that Leeds keep their 15 point deduction.

And it's a bit rich of you having a pop at Ling for his "hot air". If you want to see "hot air" you want to have a look at that shit petition and explain to us how, as Bates explains it, this is for the good of ALL football supporters.

What a f***ing tosspiece.

not having a pop. i would be positively delighted to see ling try and sue the football league. i am mildly amused that he has apparently planned his season around us being deducted 15 points, who knows what the other 20 missing points in the league have done to his drawing board.

that petition is nothing to do with me, my name is not on it. i have not even read what the sentence asking people to sign it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here