Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you sign the Leeds Utd petition?

Will you sign the Leeds Utd petition?

• Total voters

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
not having a pop. i would be positively delighted to see ling try and sue the football league. i am mildly amused that he has apparently planned his season around us being deducted 15 points, who knows what the other 20 missing points in the league have done to his drawing board.

that petition is nothing to do with me, my name is not on it. i have not even read what the sentence asking people to sign it is.

Of course his plans would be different if he knew that your points deduction would change. There's nothing remotely controversial about that - do you think manager's never look at a table and make decisions according to it and the fixtures list?

Personally I'm unsurprised that's Leeds having cheated to gain an unfair advantage are now seeking to overturn the penalty and gain a whole new unfair advantage.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
To be fair to Ling, there may well be situations before theseason ends, where it is better to go to some away games with a defensive formation and go for the draw to stay in touch, rather than risk defeat against an opponent in the top 6. However, if its suddenly decided to give Leeds some points back, it may well have been better with hindsight for a club challenging the top 6, to go for broke and three points with an all-out attack policy. I do think Ling has a point.
With regards to the Leeds "spokesman" on the BBC website, who said "we are seeking for on-the-field performances to be the only deciding factor in deciding relegation and promotion". What planet is that idiot on....? Does he not know, that the on field situation is wholly decided by the off-field situation....i.e.....how much money have we got..? (loads now because we screwed the system..!), how good a quality player can we buy...? (almost anyone we want in this division, because we screwed the system..!) .How big a squad can we have...? (huge now....because we screwed the system...! ). He,s like so many Leeds supporters now.....they,ve well and truly lost the plot on reality.Their theme seems to be........."we can do all the wrong we want because we,re Leeds.and that,s OK........but heaven help anyone who tries to make us see the errors of our ways......we,ll sue and sue and sue until we,re sick....!

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Of course his plans would be different if he knew that your points deduction would change. There's nothing remotely controversial about that - do you think manager's never look at a table and make decisions according to it and the fixtures list?

Personally I'm unsurprised that's Leeds having cheated to gain an unfair advantage are now seeking to overturn the penalty and gain a whole new unfair advantage.

we'll see how many other managers want to go ahead and sue the fl.

i think it is mightily foolish of him to have gone this far through the season on the basis leeds = -15 when everyone knew we are fighting that deduction and there is the potential to have our 15 points returned.

cjd - surely ling should be trying to get enough points in his column to guarantee orient promotion regardless. that is the very least i would hope in a manager. but maybe he is getting his excuses in early for his fans when/if they miss out.

i wish i could lose the plot on reality. life would be far easier to bear if it were possible.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is all this, really worth it Starry...?

You are quite right, Leeds aren,t exactly the most popular club in the country, following the despicable way Bates took your club into admin, and then the laughable way he cooked the books with his off-shore friends, just so he could twist more debts away.....(and I,m aware that you were one of the fall-guys of his stealing).
Yet, as the season unfolded and Leeds clawed back their 15 point deficit, there was a grudging admiration for theway they were going about their business on the field. All that has now been lost. Supporters up and down the country are appalled at the way they are now behaving.
When I was a kid, one of my first recollections of football was watching the Leeds v Lverpool FA Cup final on black and white TV. Leeds lost 2-1, if I remember to a Ian St John goal, but for so many years after that, Leeds were the team I liked.They followed that game by a new era in football with Don Revie , and so many fantastic players.......Reaney, Madely, Hunter, Bremner, Charlton...etc etc...they were a great side to watch.They were never as popular as Liverpool and Man Utd, but they were well respected throughout the football world.It must have been a proud era for their supporters.
What do you have now....? Loyal supporters in huge numbers....?...Yes.But, I often wonder these days if they wear their shirts with the same pride of a bygone era, or, just that knowing feeling that "nobody likes us we don,t care" attitude. I find that incredibly sad, and I don,t think all this fuss over the points will be worth it in the long run.Possibly another season in league 1..........not exactly the end of the world.
Just an opinion of course.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Leeds got ZERO support for their case. They're suffering for spivboy Ken Bates. Anybody else, the percentages of support would be higher. But nobody likes him, nobody cares. Take it out on him. Oh, and hiring Dennis Wise was unwise. Everybody's SmallMan hate figure. Objectionable little ccuunt.

And face it, Leeds were picking up points so strongly earlydoors, only to fade and die, a la West Ham, that the belated appeal has zero chance of succeeding. They never thought they'd need to use that appeal. And now they do. Ha ha. And if it does succeed due to some freak of law- well then, we'll see you in court. Cos this division is so shite Leeds would have walked it without resorting to cheating. Oh well :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Is all this, really worth it Starry...?

You are quite right, Leeds aren,t exactly the most popular club in the country, following the despicable way Bates took your club into admin, and then the laughable way he cooked the books with his off-shore friends, just so he could twist more debts away.....(and I,m aware that you were one of the fall-guys of his stealing).
Yet, as the season unfolded and Leeds clawed back their 15 point deficit, there was a grudging admiration for theway they were going about their business on the field. All that has now been lost. Supporters up and down the country are appalled at the way they are now behaving.
When I was a kid, one of my first recollections of football was watching the Leeds v Lverpool FA Cup final on black and white TV. Leeds lost 2-1, if I remember to a Ian St John goal, but for so many years after that, Leeds were the team I liked.They followed that game by a new era in football with Don Revie , and so many fantastic players.......Reaney, Madely, Hunter, Bremner, Charlton...etc etc...they were a great side to watch.They were never as popular as Liverpool and Man Utd, but they were well respected throughout the football world.It must have been a proud era for their supporters.
What do you have now....? Loyal supporters in huge numbers....?...Yes.But, I often wonder these days if they wear their shirts with the same pride of a bygone era, or, just that knowing feeling that "nobody likes us we don,t care" attitude. I find that incredibly sad, and I don,t think all this fuss over the points will be worth it in the long run.Possibly another season in league 1..........not exactly the end of the world.
Just an opinion of course.

absolutely nothing wrong with a season in league one. i would be delighted.

i did write out a whole longer post but we'll see what april brings. i dont like bates at all and have said so plenty of times on here before, i am many things but i am not a mug and if i didnt think there was something wrong with the kangaroo court and the events preceding it i would not be in his corner at all. but i do think he is right on this. wrong on lots of other stuff. but right on this.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
absolutely nothing wrong with a season in league one. i would be delighted.

i did write out a whole longer post but we'll see what april brings. i dont like bates at all and have said so plenty of times on here before, i am many things but i am not a mug and if i didnt think there was something wrong with the kangaroo court and the events preceding it i would not be in his corner at all. but i do think he is right on this. wrong on lots of other stuff. but right on this.

He might be right on this, but there can be a difference between right and just and this is a good example. The just punishment for the way Bates bheaved would be more severe than a 15 point deduction but the FL could never have imposed anything because it didn't have the rights.

What would endear Leeds (the club) to more fans would be some humility and acceptance of their mild punishment. In due course Leeds will be out of this division because of the size of their fanbase, but they will depart with no friends or good grace.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is a potential extra season in the football league worth all this sweat and tears?

Leeds cry blue murder about their mismanagement and they have never been punished properly for it. Maybe, just maybe, this is the best thing that could happen to football and those that are willing to flout common sense when running a football club may think twice in future.

Paddy, whilst I understand that you want what is best for Leeds and a promoted Leeds will be much more attractive to a potential buyer, is it not best for football as a whole that Leeds accept this punishment and move on? Do you think they acted properly and in the spirit of the game?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
cheating the entire league for f*** knows how long by spending WELL beyond their means by assembling a squad they had no right to buy,

And continue to do so. Dougie Freeman just done on loan from Palace.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If Leeds take the Football League to court over this 15 points and win,(because it,s not following their rules), should the other league clubs also take the Football League to court, for giving Leeds their Golden share back..( under "exceptional circumstances" ) to have Leeds thrown out of the league...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here