Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will we have another lockdown ?

further lockdown ?

• No. Boris is a man of his word and we're free again.

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • Localised restrictions/lockdowns

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • National restrictions falling short of a lockdown

Votes: 105 30.7%
  • Yes, the Bullingdon Buffoon has screwed up again and we're in for another full national lockdown.

Votes: 142 41.5%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I get it completely - in your agenda you are number 1 and the rest don't count. If that is your philosophy then fine but be open with it don't hide behind the 'my body is a temple' thing.

What YOU are failing to get is that one either plays a positive role in our society or one doesn't and in this case playing a positive role is getting vaccinated unless of course you have a strong medical case not to. It worked for Polio, TB and things like measles , mumps and rubella , the points that you keep ignoring and go back to the seat belt COMPLIANCE example.

You are lucky if you have never had to take ANY tablets in your life as that is not the case for most and there are a lot of vulnerable people out there. I have also seen the affects of long term COVID and how it cripples people.

Me not a 'thinking' person (so funny). I am thinking about other people , give it a try you might need help one day.

And I salute also....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You have to wonder about anti-lockdown people who also refuse the vaccine. They want out, but don’t want to do the thing that lets us out.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Give it some thought - clinical trails take years, yet now they aren’t needed. Scientists were under pressure to produce something quickly, so have used new UNPROVEN methods of delivering these vaccines where the long term effects aren’t understood.

Take your head out of your ar**.

I respect that you don’t want to take the vaccine, personally I think you’re wrong, but, it is your choice.

I heard an interview with Professor SarahGilbert and Doctor Catherine Green who were the 2 scientists in charge of the Oxford vaccine, from inception to production.
They addressed a lot of the misgivings of people like you, particularly emphasising the speed at which the vaccine was produced. They had been working on the vaccine for Disease X ( Covid 19) for 5 years, as since the outbreak of MEARS ( Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome) in 2012 the clever money was on a covid disease with many of the attributes of Covid 19 would manifest themselves in the near future. A vaccine was 75% developed before COvid 19 was even a thing. These scientists work on a kind of disease template where all Covid type disease have many similarities, and therefore, a parent vaccine can be developed and proved before it is tweaked for each individual disease.
The tweaks for Covid 19 took 29 days to get as good as they possibly could, and one of the reasons for the speed it was perfected was there were a lot of Covid 19 victims to try it out on. With a disease like, Ebola for instance, a vaccine is difficult to deliver because the simple fact is , there aren’t enough people who get it to carry out a full medical trial of a vaccine, and there aren’t that many survivors who can be tested, hence, at the moment there is no Ebola vaccine although there are promising results from one being developed now.
The other reason the vaccine was so quick to be produced, was everything else took a backseat whilst this highly transmissible disease was pushed to the front of the queue and money was thrown at the problem by the Worlds Governments. The Oxford laboratory went from a Government grant of 25,000 a year to money is no object. Also, in normal times, each scientist has to be able to account for every penny spent on their project, and they can’t decide that they will use the money allocated for one vaccine, to be used for another. That went out the window in the early days of the search for a Covid 19 vaccine.
When the vaccine was fully developed, it had been tested to prove it was save to the extent, that would have taken 5 years in normal time due to the Authorities accepting a new faster method, of only testing the tweaked base vaccine, rather than going through all the tests for the original‘template’ vaccine which had already been proven for other vaccines.

Covid 19 is not that different from the South Asian virus of 2003 which was not as deadly but more transmissible, and the aforementioned Middle Eastern virus which is more deadly, but far harder to catch. Covid 19 is a lot more deadly than SARS but more transmissible than MERS, so just about the worst that could happen in the way of Covid diseases.

The 2 scientists did offer some hope for the future, they both thought that within 10 years it will be no more serious than flu, and that by next year, it will be vastly reduced.

Both are now working on Disease Y, the next , as yet, unknown virus.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Covid passports needed for nightclubs by the end of September.
35% of under 30's apparently haven't even had one jab.

It will be interesting if a few more under 30's now decide to get vaccinated.

Going a similar route to Macron, only he is implementing this on August 1

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You have to wonder about anti-lockdown people who also refuse the vaccine. They want out, but don’t want to do the thing that lets us out.

Really the most self indulgent of individuals, they think are above others

If everyone acted in that way we'd be in even bigger shit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I won’t get the vaccine. My body - my choice. I am fit and have a healthy lifestyle. I am not concerned about catching covid. I’m not anti-vax, I’m anti THIS vaccine. Vaccines takes years to develop and run trials on. This has been rushed through and is a totally new method (altering RNA). I’m happy that my immune system will work better than a vaccine, which you will constantly need boosters for.

However, I would like NHS to charge people who abuse their bodies by drink, drugs, smoking and excess/junk food. Maybe boot-camps for the slobs to get them fit and learning how to eat a healthy diet so they aren’t a drain the NHS, after all, we must protect the NHS. Can’t be selective in how we protect it.

:lolol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Lockdown 3 coming to you in mid September.

They love trotting out ' being led by the science ' and the data. However, you'd be a fool not to believe that the only data revealed will be that which suits the agenda or policy being pushed! I should add that I am not anti vaccine but clearly it doesn't now look like the easy solution.

Today's best nonsense was around the stat that 60% of hospital admissions have been double jabbed. That was glazed over on the simple basis that a higher proportion of the population have been double jabbed. Whilst that may be true does it not really show that the effectiveness of the vaccines have been over estimated?

Christ what a shambles! Patrick Valance has now corrected the statement and it is 60% of those hospitalised were not vaccinated at all!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This will be very difficult to enforce legally (I know that currently a lot of people are in the camp of supporting vaccines/controls). However, when someone who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons is banned from flying (for example), that will cause an outcry.

There will be three groups of adults :
1. Those who have been vaccinated. (Vaxxed)
2. Those who are medically unable to be vaccinated. (Unvaxxable)
3. Those who have chosen not to be vaccinated. (Unvaxxed)

Unvaxxable have their risk of catching Covid much reduced by Vaxxed and increased by Unvaxxed.
If airlines (or anyone else) says that to protect Unvaxable they will not let Unvaxxed use their services they are not being discriminatory, they are being inclusive.

Don't want a vaccine, fine, your choice but don't expect to be welcomed as some sort of "free-thinking intellectual messiah", you're just a selfish idiot.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What is incredible is the level of brain Washing that has led to this belief that everyone HAS to get a vaccine. If the vulnerable and in fact over 80% of a population has had the jab which is proven to drastically reduce effects and mortality then why do the remaining few need to? Why can people not exercise their right to not inject an experimental vaccine into their body without extreme coercion to deny them of liberties? Variants I expect will be the reply. Variants are going to be trotted out year after year vaccines or not. Does anyone honestly believe otherwise?

Nobody knows for sure what the long term effects of an mRNA vaccine will be although likely none at all. It however just simply hasn’t been tested anywhere near the levels of previous vaccines and I understand why but surely it’s wrong to criticise and segregate those who just don’t want to take that gamble however low the risk?

What freedoms are next to go? Work? Banking facilities? Freedom of movement? This is the creation of a two tier society and the start of dystopia where forever more you will have to show digital Id to access life whilst you queue up and get your jabs of medicine. Big pharma are NEVER going to let go of their new cash cow and license to get your taxes spent on their vaccine year after year and way beyond covid being a threat. In addition to non vaccine apartheid we have a bill that will outlaw protests on the whim of the police. This is all starting to feel very facist and very real and people said I was nuts last year when I said our liberties where at risk.

Watch this film, it’s your future if we allow this to be the beginning:

https://youtu.be/NOk27I2EBac

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There will be three groups of adults :
1. Those who have been vaccinated. (Vaxxed)
2. Those who are medically unable to be vaccinated. (Unvaxxable)
3. Those who have chosen not to be vaccinated. (Unvaxxed)

Unvaxxable have their risk of catching Covid much reduced by Vaxxed and increased by Unvaxxed.
If airlines (or anyone else) says that to protect Unvaxable they will not let Unvaxxed use their services they are not being discriminatory, they are being inclusive.

Don't want a vaccine, fine, your choice but don't expect to be welcomed as some sort of "free-thinking intellectual messiah", you're just a selfish idiot.

I salute your...

But I say, BURN them. Burn them. With fire. Because if they avoid killing themselves with their FEAR of the needle, they will still kill others. Hopefully only members of their own family.

Unless, of course, they are protected because the rest of us are vaccinated :shrug:

:shootself

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If the vulnerable and in fact over 80% of a population has had the jab which is proven to drastically reduce effects and mortality..

It however just simply hasn’t been tested anywhere near the levels of previous vaccines and I understand why but surely it’s wrong to criticise and segregate those who just don’t want to take that gamble

So what you are basically saying is that you are quite happy for others to take it on your behalf ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What is incredible is the level of brain Washing that has led to this belief that everyone HAS to get a vaccine. If the vulnerable and in fact over 80% of a population has had the jab which is proven to drastically reduce effects and mortality then why do the remaining few need to? Why can people not exercise their right to not inject an experimental vaccine into their body without extreme coercion to deny them of liberties? Variants I expect will be the reply. Variants are going to be trotted out year after year vaccines or not. Does anyone honestly believe otherwise?

Nobody knows for sure what the long term effects of an mRNA vaccine will be although likely none at all. It however just simply hasn’t been tested anywhere near the levels of previous vaccines and I understand why but surely it’s wrong to criticise and segregate those who just don’t want to take that gamble however low the risk?

What freedoms are next to go? Work? Banking facilities? Freedom of movement? This is the creation of a two tier society and the start of dystopia where forever more you will have to show digital Id to access life whilst you queue up and get your jabs of medicine. Big pharma are NEVER going to let go of their new cash cow and license to get your taxes spent on their vaccine year after year and way beyond covid being a threat. In addition to non vaccine apartheid we have a bill that will outlaw protests on the whim of the police. This is all starting to feel very facist and very real and people said I was nuts last year when I said our liberties where at risk.

Watch this film, it’s your future if we allow this to be the beginning:

https://youtu.be/NOk27I2EBac

I put you on ignore a year ago for your covid ****wittery. I was evidently right to do so.

You are either a knave or a fool. Albeit probably merely frightened of needles. Pathetic post. :shrug:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
There is no reason at all why people who don't want to be vaccinated shouldn't rely on the fact that everyone else has been vaccinated so they will get the benefit. Obviously the attitude of "I don't want to take the risk but I do want you to take the risk on my behalf" is monumentally selfish, not to say hypocritical, but it's a free country. But you really shouldn't be surprised that it puts people's backs up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So what you are basically saying is that you are quite happy for others to take it on your behalf ?

Indeed he is. What a coward and disgrace to the human race. Who knew?

But I am perhaps being harsh. My guess is the little tinker may be needle-scared. Which is perferctly acceptable. A mate of mine is risking his life and that of his family for the same reason. :shrug:

Time to fess up, Desperate, or face being chased around NSC forever more :shrug:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I put you on ignore a year ago for your covid ****wittery. I was evidently right to do so.

You are either a knave or a fool. Albeit probably merely frightened of needles. Pathetic post. :shrug:

Never really understood why an ignore feature was needed on the forum before, then read a few posts from him about Covid and suddenly everything made sense.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
There is no reason at all why people who don't want to be vaccinated shouldn't rely on the fact that everyone else has been vaccinated so they will get the benefit. Obviously the attitude of "I don't want to take the risk but I do want you to take the risk on my behalf" is monumentally selfish, not to say hypocritical, but it's a free country. But you really shouldn't be surprised that it puts people's backs up.

A reasonable and well written reply with some fair challenge. A contrast to some of the childish ramblings from one of the giant ego fuelled bell ends on here in particular.

I never said anyone should take the risk on behalf of others I just don’t understand the obsession of having to force every last person to take it. If vaccines protect those that have had it and wanted to why the concern about those that haven’t? The bigger picture is that if things are allowed to continue on this path of control I 100% promise you that you will be forced to take the vaccine boosters for the rest of your life and it will be about big business and control much more than health and vaccines will be the tip of the iceberg.

Looks like I’ve triggered a few that have conveniently ignored the mirror of a society clearly descending into facism. Maybe the truth just hurts. Maybe it’s easier to pretend it’s not happening.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

I’d quite happily defend anyones right to take it or not whether that be everyone took it or everyone refused. What I find very disturbing is the creation of an apartheid system of coercion. The definite thin end of the wedge.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I’d quite happily defend anyones right to take it or not whether that be everyone took it or everyone refused. What I find very disturbing is the creation of an apartheid system of coercion. The definite thin end of the wedge.

With respect that isn't what you said:

If the vulnerable and in fact over 80% of a population has had the jab which is proven to drastically reduce effects and mortality then why do the remaining few need to?

You've clearly placed yourself in a group (it's a new one on me) that says because everyone else has taken the "risk", why should I bother ?

Your post is a mixed bag of contradictory nonsense. Firstly admitting that the vaccines clearly work when taken by the majority (and saving yourself the bother) and then suggesting they are experimental and a huge risk.

If you don't like being called out on that view and for what it means in plain sight, I'd advise you to keep it to yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here