Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will we have another lockdown ?

further lockdown ?

• No. Boris is a man of his word and we're free again.

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • Localised restrictions/lockdowns

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • National restrictions falling short of a lockdown

Votes: 105 30.7%
  • Yes, the Bullingdon Buffoon has screwed up again and we're in for another full national lockdown.

Votes: 142 41.5%

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
With respect that isn't what you said:

You've clearly placed yourself in a group (it's a new one on me) that says because everyone else has taken the "risk", why should I bother ?

Your post is a mixed bag of contradictory nonsense. Firstly admitting that the vaccines clearly work when taken by the majority (and saving yourself the bother) and then suggesting they are experimental and a huge risk.

If you don't like being called out on that view and for what it means in plain sight, I'd advise you to keep it to yourself.

You have misunderstood the intention of my words. I guarantee you I meant why the infatuation of some of those that have had the vaccine and indeed government on every single person getting the jab when they are protected and therefore at almost no risk. I really would be just as happy if no one took the vaccine. If you go back on my previous covid history you would clearly see I have no fear of it as a virus whatsoever but I really don’t want to dredge that debate back up.

Even then the main point of my message was actually the concern about the direction society is heading/descending and how that should be freaking us all out. I have said right from the start that covid would be the Trojan horse for the removal of civil Liberty. Why is everyone ignoring that Elephant?

Anyway glad I’ve been able to clear that up and apologies if my initial post confused at all. Have a good evening.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They seem like a new strain of human we have developed in the last few months.

Looks like the kids in that video finally got their request to go to the zoo.

Complete dickheads.
The problem is they are everywhere not just the UK. Didnt Germany have 20 or 30 thousand anti lockdown knobbers kicking off only a couple of months ago.
Seem to be numerous entrants globally for the Darwin Awards since covid started.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There is no reason at all why people who don't want to be vaccinated shouldn't rely on the fact that everyone else has been vaccinated so they will get the benefit. Obviously the attitude of "I don't want to take the risk but I do want you to take the risk on my behalf" is monumentally selfish, not to say hypocritical, but it's a free country. But you really shouldn't be surprised that it puts people's backs up.

Also he shouldn’t be surprised that football clubs say they don’t want him in their stadiums. Bleating about human rights will get these people nowhere.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A reasonable and well written reply with some fair challenge. A contrast to some of the childish ramblings from one of the giant ego fuelled bell ends on here in particular.

I never said anyone should take the risk on behalf of others I just don’t understand the obsession of having to force every last person to take it. If vaccines protect those that have had it and wanted to why the concern about those that haven’t? The bigger picture is that if things are allowed to continue on this path of control I 100% promise you that you will be forced to take the vaccine boosters for the rest of your life and it will be about big business and control much more than health and vaccines will be the tip of the iceberg.

Looks like I’ve triggered a few that have conveniently ignored the mirror of a society clearly descending into facism. Maybe the truth just hurts. Maybe it’s easier to pretend it’s not happening.

Do you also equate the smallpox vaccination programme of the 19th century with a ‘decent into fascism ?’ Do you even know what fascism looks like ? What’s happening is society making collective decisions for the greater good. I suspect this is what troubles you. I know someone just like you. He also talks a lot about himself and his rights, hates authority and being told what to do. You are outliers though. One thing that the pandemic has shown is how community spirited most people are and I can only shake my head at the outliers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What is incredible is the level of brain Washing that has led to this belief that everyone HAS to get a vaccine. If the vulnerable and in fact over 80% of a population has had the jab which is proven to drastically reduce effects and mortality then why do the remaining few need to? Why can people not exercise their right to not inject an experimental vaccine into their body without extreme coercion to deny them of liberties? Variants I expect will be the reply. Variants are going to be trotted out year after year vaccines or not. Does anyone honestly believe otherwise?

Nobody knows for sure what the long term effects of an mRNA vaccine will be although likely none at all. It however just simply hasn’t been tested anywhere near the levels of previous vaccines and I understand why but surely it’s wrong to criticise and segregate those who just don’t want to take that gamble however low the risk?

What freedoms are next to go? Work? Banking facilities? Freedom of movement? This is the creation of a two tier society and the start of dystopia where forever more you will have to show digital Id to access life whilst you queue up and get your jabs of medicine. Big pharma are NEVER going to let go of their new cash cow and license to get your taxes spent on their vaccine year after year and way beyond covid being a threat. In addition to non vaccine apartheid we have a bill that will outlaw protests on the whim of the police. This is all starting to feel very facist and very real and people said I was nuts last year when I said our liberties where at risk.

Watch this film, it’s your future if we allow this to be the beginning:

https://youtu.be/NOk27I2EBac

It is a shame you started with a point about 'brain washing' as that casts the rest of your post in a bad light. Getting beyond that...

There is a lot right in principle in your post and I can see what you are trying to say - but the 80% figure refers to the entire population.

If we don't vaccinate under 18s, then to get to 80% overall we need a higher percentage of over 18's injected. If under 18's are 10% of the population ( they will be more ) then that is half of your unvaccinated 20% right there.

Messenger RNA vaccines are a shot in the dark. And no one knows how long the immunity conferred by them lasts either. I'm glad that I had the tried and tested old technology in the AZ jab in that respect.

I didn't watch the particular video you posted, but I have long been aware and concerned about any spread of State social credits as used in China.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There will be three groups of adults :
1. Those who have been vaccinated. (Vaxxed)
2. Those who are medically unable to be vaccinated. (Unvaxxable)
3. Those who have chosen not to be vaccinated. (Unvaxxed)

Unvaxxable have their risk of catching Covid much reduced by Vaxxed and increased by Unvaxxed.
If airlines (or anyone else) says that to protect Unvaxable they will not let Unvaxxed use their services they are not being discriminatory, they are being inclusive.

Don't want a vaccine, fine, your choice but don't expect to be welcomed as some sort of "free-thinking intellectual messiah", you're just a selfish idiot.

Great post. Furthermore, the unvaxxed hiding behind the unvaxxable will increasingly be called out by decent people and organizations.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Even John Stuart Mill, who promoted individual right to self-determination, saw coercion as justifiable if it prevented harm to others. Vaccination can be regarded as a public duty of those able to receive it to protect those who cannot (not choose) receive it. The principle of restricting individual freedom to safeguard population health is also included in the Declaration of Human Rights.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never really understood why an ignore feature was needed on the forum before, then read a few posts from him about Covid and suddenly everything made sense.

I have received 7 replies from 'hidden' in the last few hours :lolol:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The vaccine has not been mandated.

Liberties will be lost for those that CHOSE not to receive it.

As ever there has been a choice all along

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What is incredible is the level of brain Washing that has led to this belief that everyone HAS to get a vaccine.

Of course you don't have to have the vaccine, but in order to participate in society it should be incumbent upon you to do your bit for it.

Consider it like a driving licence. Sure you don't have to have a driving licence, but if you want to drive then you should be expected to do so.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Christ what a shambles! Patrick Valance has now corrected the statement and it is 60% of those hospitalised were not vaccinated at all!

This was the easiest to digest explainer on how we'd expect to arrive at 60% even when we got to 95% vaccinated

[TWEET]1417177778013843456[/TWEET]

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You have misunderstood the intention of my words. I guarantee you I meant why the infatuation of some of those that have had the vaccine and indeed government on every single person getting the jab when they are protected and therefore at almost no risk. I really would be just as happy if no one took the vaccine. If you go back on my previous covid history you would clearly see I have no fear of it as a virus whatsoever but I really don’t want to dredge that debate back up.

Even then the main point of my message was actually the concern about the direction society is heading/descending and how that should be freaking us all out. I have said right from the start that covid would be the Trojan horse for the removal of civil Liberty. Why is everyone ignoring that Elephant?

Anyway glad I’ve been able to clear that up and apologies if my initial post confused at all. Have a good evening.

1. I have no fear of COVID either particularly but the point all along is that you can catch it or pass it onto someone that will die as a consequence or that you might be one of the unlucky ones in your age range that is either in the mortuary or suffering from long COVID.
2. As of yesterday, you can do what you like. Go on a bender, off to the nightclub, take in a cricket match or sporting event of your choice all the while COVID is raging at higher end of the levels this year. How you can arrive at the conclusion that this government - of all governments - want to remove your civil liberites is totally beyond me. No one can see the elephant in the room because it simply isn't there.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The pub at the bottom of my road had a big audience for the euro final. Been shut eversince as over 70 of the attendees and still rising have since tested positive with Covid. Now having its 1st deep clean in 25yrs so I suppose that is one positive

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The pub at the bottom of my road had a big audience for the euro final. Been shut eversince as over 70 of the attendees and still rising have since tested positive with Covid. Now having its 1st deep clean in 25yrs so I suppose that is one positive

You do wonder how many more would have tested positive if it was 6 deep and the bar with unrestricted numbers.

Must have been a lot of positives from Wembley with packed concours before the match

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definitely. I expect most of the world to shut its borders to the UK as well.

Unlikely.

Double jabbed yes, shut completely, no.

I think we/world will move towards removing testing as an entry option as well.

Its already heading this way. I believe the US has just put the UK on its highest danger level and advised Americans to avoid travel.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Its already heading this way. I believe the US has just put the UK on its highest danger level and advised Americans to avoid travel.

Whilst Canada gave an opening up date

USA doesn't matter - cant travel there anyway - even if you rule out the UK Bidens stance doesn't make sense - can travel there from South America/Turkey/India on level 3/ - yet EU is a no go/Canada land border shut

They also updated the FCO with new entry advice for the UK Citizens entering.

Its going to be a continuing circle of: our cases rises, ours start to drop, they have rising cases, they drop, we rise etc etc

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What is incredible is the level of brain Washing that has led to this belief that everyone HAS to get a vaccine. If the vulnerable and in fact over 80% of a population has had the jab which is proven to drastically reduce effects and mortality then why do the remaining few need to? Why can people not exercise their right to not inject an experimental vaccine into their body without extreme coercion to deny them of liberties? Variants I expect will be the reply. Variants are going to be trotted out year after year vaccines or not. Does anyone honestly believe otherwise?

Nobody knows for sure what the long term effects of an mRNA vaccine will be although likely none at all. It however just simply hasn’t been tested anywhere near the levels of previous vaccines and I understand why but surely it’s wrong to criticise and segregate those who just don’t want to take that gamble however low the risk?

What freedoms are next to go? Work? Banking facilities? Freedom of movement? This is the creation of a two tier society and the start of dystopia where forever more you will have to show digital Id to access life whilst you queue up and get your jabs of medicine. Big pharma are NEVER going to let go of their new cash cow and license to get your taxes spent on their vaccine year after year and way beyond covid being a threat. In addition to non vaccine apartheid we have a bill that will outlaw protests on the whim of the police. This is all starting to feel very facist and very real and people said I was nuts last year when I said our liberties where at risk.

Watch this film, it’s your future if we allow this to be the beginning:

https://youtu.be/NOk27I2EBac

The 'vulnerable ' people with poor immune systems may not be protected by the jab , so the more people who have it the less likely the vulnerable are to come into contact with a stronger strain.

Our freedoms are given to us by a collective society which sets the norms for behaviour they are not something you are born with. We all have to earn and maintain them by recognising that otherwise we will fall into a state of anarchy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The 'vulnerable ' people with poor immune systems may not be protected by the jab , so the more people who have it the less likely the vulnerable are to come into contact with a stronger strain.

Our freedoms are given to us by a collective society which sets the norms for behaviour they are not something you are born with. We all have to earn and maintain them by recognising that otherwise we will fall into a state of anarchy.

The person to whom you address your comments is long past redemption, and is responsible for good people quitting NSC.

How long is it before relentless shithousery descends into actual evil? I have a picture in my mind of some poor sod staring down from a bridge over a lethal river, and your correspondent is there shouting 'jump!' :facepalm:

Desperate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here