Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will God help Madeline McCann?

Rusthall Seagull said:
can you give me 'one' irrefutable fact ? and I mean other than Withdean being the worst football ground in the league....

A wise man was once asked this question and his reply was

'All thing must pass'

which incidentally became the title of a George Harrison album as well.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Lokki 7 said:
The the sum of the internal angles of a triangle is ALWAYS 180 degrees.

Damn, you've got me there..... :lolol:

BTW who told you what a degree was...? how is it measured ? or did you just trust what you were being told was right ?

just asking like....

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
readingstockport said:
A wise man was once asked this question and his reply was

'All thing must pass'

which incidentally became the title of a George Harrison album as well.

and a cracking album it is too.... FACT!

Rusthall Seagull said:
Damn, you've got me there..... :lolol:

BTW who told you what a degree was...? how is it measured ? or did you just trust what you were being told was right ?

just asking like....

It doesn't matter how man describes a degree, it just happens that we decided to describe a circle as having 360. Think it has something to do with the days of the year but could be wrong. Anyhoo, the fact is, it is a FACT. On another planet they may have 100 zonks in a circle but the sum of the internal angles of a triangle there will always be 50 zonks.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Lokki 7 said:
It doesn't matter how man describes a degree, it just happens that we decided to describe a circle as having 360. Think it has something to do with the days of the year but could be wrong. Anyhoo, the fact is, it is a FACT. On another planet they may have 100 zonks in a circle but the sum of the internal angles of a triangle there will always be 50 zonks.

So it's not a fact - just an interpretation? You ZONKOID

Rusthall Seagull said:
So it's not a fact - just an interpretation? You ZONKOID

No. Description of the fact may change from place to place, but the fact remains. You may call a football round. A martian may call the same object an ice cream but it is still the same thing. A triangle will always have three sides whatever language you speak.

Dick Knights Mumm said:
there are 360 days in the year ?

I think that was a very, very early calendar produced by the Babalonians but can't be arsed to Google it.

The point is that in science, under a given set of parameters, you can prove something to be the case.

So given any three-sided shape (where it's a triangle, a zoolank, whatever), the sum of it's internal angles (measured in whatever you chose to measure it in) will equal the same number of measurement units that can be seen on one side of a straight line.

We can perform tests to check that this is true. We can ask other people to perform tests, and they will all come up with the same result.

Religion is based upon belief. We could test whether God exists, and ask other people to test for us. Clearly it is difficult to test; let us take simply asking someone whether they believe in God as a test of his existance. If you ask many people to do this 'test', you will get different results from different people. There is not, and cannot be, a consensus.

I've got a feeling that is completely incoherent but I can't be bothered to go back through and read it so I hope it makes some vague sense...

Rusthall Seagull said:
I suppose it depends on whether Friday means the same in Martian or not....

Are you saying that DKM is in fact a Martian?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here