• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I see your clacker valve went last night lofty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Losing an argument so you turn to abusive behavior. Cool.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't want to go through banning people from threads and issuing infractions that I can see, in some cases, will trigger short-term bans from the whole site, so please just stop.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If the Guardian/Mirror have something else up their sleeve for Tomorrow/Tuesday's paper, then this will run and run.
My guess is they haven't and so Cummings has decided to balls this one out.

If any evidence surfaces of the alleged second journey, this could get interesting, but I expect the same sort of approach to be adopted.

With no election on the horizon, what have the Tory party really have to fear from this crisis?

I'm desperate for this to continue, so more and more realise what this lot are like. That said, there's no chance that they'll balls this out.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Censored?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm desperate for this to continue, so more and more realise what this lot are like. That said, there's no chance that they'll balls this out.

If you aren't getting enough just watch Veep.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This is a huge tester for the UK population's relationship with politics. The previous response to this would be for the one at the centre of the stink to mumble apologies and offer his resignation. He would slink off into the background for a bit and return when the fuss had died down. (Welcome back Liam, everyone's forgotten you taking your mate into secret defence meetings.)

If Johnson gets away with this, we will see the Trump policy of lie, distract, never apologise becoming a political norm in this country. It's up to us all to draw a line in the sand, regardless of which political parties we may support. We can't let this stand. If the very damaged relationship between us and our politicians is to survive and be rebuilt, he has to go.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
This is a huge tester for the UK population's relationship with politics. The previous response to this would be for the one at the centre of the stink to mumble apologies and offer his resignation. He would slink off into the background for a bit and return when the fuss had died down. (Welcome back Liam, everyone's forgotten you taking your mate into secret defence meetings.)

If Johnson gets away with this, we will see the Trump policy of lie, distract, never apologise becoming a political norm in this country. It's up to us all to draw a line in the sand, regardless of which political parties we may support. We can't let this stand. If the very damaged relationship between us and our politicians is to survive and be rebuilt, he has to go.

very well put

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
My local MP (I live in a constituency in Somerset with a huge Tory majority) ALWAYS toes the line. He is a whips dream. But this evening he's tweeted "I'm unconvinced by the PM's defence of Cummings." Very mild, of course - but it comes from a staunch loyalist. He's not a regular user of social media, and I imagine his followers are mainly true-blue Tories....but looking through the responses almost all are in agreement with him and VERY anti Cummings and Boris. Nothing scientific, of course, but if that's the view in rural Somerset, then I think this is more than a passing hiccup.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Censored?

If that is in response to this...

I don't want to go through banning people from threads and issuing infractions that I can see, in some cases, will trigger short-term bans from the whole site, so please just stop.

...then no.

The conversation and debate is an important one, which is why the petty bickering and name-calling is more tiresome than ever, and I will stop people from doing it if they don't immediately stop it themselves.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This does remind me a little of the OJSimpson car journey prior to arrest.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My local MP (I live in a constituency in Somerset with a huge Tory majority) ALWAYS toes the line. He is a whips dream. But this evening he's tweeted "I'm unconvinced by the PM's defence of Cummings." Very mild, of course - but it comes from a staunch loyalist. He's not a regular user of social media, and I imagine his followers are mainly true-blue Tories....but looking through the responses almost all are in agreement with him and VERY anti Cummings and Boris. Nothing scientific, of course, but if that's the view in rural Somerset, then I think this is more than a passing hiccup.

This is their big problem. There aren't two groups they can face off against each other in a culture war and distract everyone while they carry on regardless. Everyone has obeyed the lockdown, and those that haven't are miniscule in number. They've alienated everyone who followed their own rules through this.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
C32F353B-7A1C-47FA-ADDB-6EEEBC03118C.png

Another scientist who won’t go along with this rubbish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This does remind me a little of the OJSimpson car journey prior to arrest.

Dear god imagine watching the M1 from a helicopter.

Ive heard there's a nice chateau at Barnard's Castle the commentators could talk about.

(One for the Geeks)

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We need something to replace our clap for carers which is an appreciation for the NHS with somethings which shows our disdain and anger for the cabinet, PM and Cummings. Any ideas?! Every Thursday (or another day) at 8 we all.....?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If that is in response to this...

...then no.

The conversation and debate is an important one, which is why the petty bickering and name-calling is more tiresome than ever, and I will stop people from doing it if they don't immediately stop it themselves.

I read your original post as a potential blanket ban on the subject. After re-reading and reading your latest post I have more clarity. I've called out people on both sides of the debate for the behavior you've mentioned this evening.

That said, I withdraw my previous comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here