Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Interesting that Keir Starer and labour have sat back and let the Tories shoot themselves in the foot. They have starved the opportunity of a partisan defence of cummings, and can quietly store up ammunition for the future.
Yep. Let them hang themselves....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Watford, NOW YOU and the OTHER HALFWITS need to STOP ASSUMING.

I am happy that Cummings was SAFE guarding his 4 years old.

He has admitted that.

I was just ASKING about the other times that he ALLEGEDLY broke lockdown rules, I was NOT DEFENDING cummings, just asking for the EVIDENCE.

Please just SHOW me ALL this evidence.

Yours and other people assumptions are that I would back him through THICK and thin, Your WRONG.

I am not constantly spending my day looking at the Cummings as I have better things to do.

So please can you show this?

The 'safe guarding of his child' is absolutely ridiculous. Quite a lot of us have young children to look after you know, and we followed the rules. When I got symptoms, me and my family isolated. We DIDN'T drive from Cornwall to Sussex to be near my family, we didn't let our children meet anyone else, we DID isolate and we DID stay in our primary residence. That was the guidance and that was what we did to help slow the spread.

Yes we wondered who would look after the kids if we both got too ill, so we agreed with our neighbours that in worst case scenario they would help and us vice versa if necessary.

But also, we knew it was highly unlikely to be necessary, for two fit and healthy parents in their forties to both be incapacitated by this virus has probably happened fewer times than the fingers on your hands - everyone knew from the outset who this affected and that the vast majority of cases were mild.

Cummings knew this too. The argument that this was done to be a 'good parent' is condescending nonsense.

So spare us the 'show me proof' argument. It's irrelevant if he went back up - that's just arrogant icing on the cake by Cummings. Shapps pretty much admitted he took this 30 mile journey to the castle, but also just an addendum. His first journey was totally out of order and totally in conflict with the Stay Home' advice being pounded at us from every corner of the government he has a central role in. Its totally out of order at a time when the country needed strong leadership to get us through this crisis.

Stay or leave in his job, his reputation will never recover from this

D

Deleted member 2719

The 'safe guarding of his child' is absolutely ridiculous. Quite a lot of us have young children to look after you know, and we followed the rules. When I got symptoms, me and my family isolated. We DIDN'T drive from Cornwall to Sussex to be near my family, we didn't let our children meet anyone else, we DID isolate and we DID stay in our primary residence. That was the guidance and that was what we did to help slow the spread.

Yes we wondered who would look after the kids if we both got too ill, so we agreed with our neighbours that in worst case scenario they would help and us vice versa if necessary.

But also, we knew it was highly unlikely to be necessary, for two fit and healthy parents in their forties to both be incapacitated by this virus has probably happened fewer times than the fingers on your hands - everyone knew from the outset who this affected and that the vast majority of cases were mild.

Cummings knew this too. The argument that this was done to be a 'good parent' is condescending nonsense.

So spare us the 'show me proof' argument. It's irrelevant if he went back up - that's just arrogant icing on the cake by Cummings. Shapps pretty much admitted he took this 30 mile journey to the castle, but also just an addendum. His first journey was totally out of order and totally in conflict with the Stay Home' advice being pounded at us from every corner of the government he has a central role in. Its totally out of order at a time when the country needed strong leadership to get us through this crisis.

Stay or leave in his job, his reputation will never recover from this

We are all different. I would not leave my kids with neighbours, only relatives.

As I said I am happy with his initial incident, but the others are still open to debate with me, I am just asking for this EVIDENCE so far all I have heard it was someone anonymous making these and other claims.

Innocent to proven guilty, I am sure Smarmer would agree with that being a QC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
The 'safe guarding of his child' is absolutely ridiculous.
This. It is also close to the opposite of the truth. Two adults - one has symptoms, one child who as I understand it does not have symptoms. Is the correct thing to do from a safeguarding point of view to put those three individuals in a smallish metal box for four hours?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Probably posted above ?

Today's press conference delayed by an hour.

What could be up ?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are all different. I would not leave my kids with neighbours, only relatives.

Quite right. So what was wrong with the Aunty and Uncle who live in London? Mary’s brother and sister, for clarification.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Quite right. So what was wrong with the Aunty and Uncle who live in London? Mary’s brother and sister, for clarification.

Or they could have asked the Cummings Sister to have collected the child and returned him once the unfortunate pair had recovered. Instead, they drove themselves and the virus to Durham, unforgivable.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In here is the problem, if Twitter,Facebook and internet chat forums are to believed Scotland would be independent, the United Kingdom would be staying in the EU, Labour would have a massive parliamentary majority, Ireland would be United.
T’internet is not a true reflection of how nations operate, if so how Is satsuma boy President of America?
Is there an echo in here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are very repetitive so it might be that? :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

As I said I am happy with his initial incident, but the others are still open to debate with me, I am just asking for this EVIDENCE so far all I have heard it was someone anonymous making these other claims.

Innocent to proven guilty, I am sure Smarmer would agree with that being a QC.

He didn't leave 'his kids' with anybody, even though his wife (who was supposedly already infected) wrote "Dom spent 10 days bedridden after 'collapsing' and having 'spasms' with the disease at the end of March" in her column in The Spectator. If this was true, this happened within 4 days of them travelling to 'get support from the family'. So given they were both 'struck down' and suffering badly, why wouldn't they have got the family to look after their child, as this was the sole reason for travelling ?

Because they didn't do what they said they were going to Durham for, instead they have since stated that the only help from the family was 'His sister shopped for the family and left everything outside.'

This is what has been published

23 March: The prime minister tells the UK public they "must stay at home". People are warned not to meet friends or family members they do not live with. Those with symptoms had already been told to self-isolate

27 March: Mr Cummings is seen leaving No 10 Downing Street

30 March: No 10 says Mr Cummings is self-isolating with coronavirus symptoms

31 March: Police in Durham are "made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London to Durham and was present at an address in the city". Officers "made contact with the owners of that address". Cummings has since stated "At no stage was he or his family spoken to by the police about this matter, as is being reported".

12 April: Mr Cummings visited Barnard Castle, 30 miles from his parents' home in Durham, according to The Observer and Mirror newspapers. On Sunday, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said he understands Mr Cummings would have been out of quarantine period at this point

14 April: Mr Cummings was photographed at Downing Street for the first time since 27 March

19 April: Five days after being in London, Mr Cummings was seen again in Durham by an unnamed witness, The Observer and Mirror reported on Sunday. Downing Street says this is "false"

If any of this is incorrect then Cummings will have his lawyers onto the papers that printed them quicker than a tramp on chips. (Maybe it's the bank holiday weekend causing the delay, as I don't think lawyers work weekends do they :facepalm:)

And although it's very good of you to come out and tell us that 'I am happy with his initial incident', it appears that breaking the lockdown rules isn't something that is subject to your approval. 'Mouldy Boots' said it was OK with him, isn't apparently, a great legal defence :lolol:

Last edited:

Boris himself will be delivering this evening's briefing according to the BBC. Should be interesting, wonder what Cummings has told him to say?

Favourite comment on this so far, from twitter (forgotten who) - "...would Emu have ever sacked Rod Hull..."

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Hope someone asks him how contact tracing can function, if people can withhold information about their movements and contacts - including those while breaking lockdown.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Boris himself will be delivering this evening's briefing according to the BBC. Should be interesting, wonder what Cummings has told him to say?

Favourite comment on this so far, from twitter (forgotten who) - "...would Emu have ever sacked Rod Hull..."

Expected to stand by him......

There goes all authority

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it too much to hope the mirror has more?

I'll hazard a guess they don't have anything left that they were holding back.

As said much earlier, the way this has played out POLITICALLY has been absolutely fantastic.
The papers set so many traps for Nos 10, I'd be amazed if even they thought for one second the Tories would fall into every single one.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if 'new evidence comes to light', on the back of this weekend.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

There’ll be journalists all over the country trying to get hold of cctv footage of him in a petrol station or somewhere in Durham.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Will Cummings go ?

Possibly
ee47d351add0576ffb5f599113906751.jpg

These two might have something up their sleeves..
692f2c8b78d941723a33cebae57f90ba.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought it was always at 5pm?

To be fair, it is quite complicated.

In order to see the daily briefing you need to be able to tell both the day of the week and the time. I'm guessing that's what is confusing you :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here