Will Cummings go ?

• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's been in No. 10 for almost 2 hours. Have they broken for lunch?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Fair enough, anyone disregarding Government advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives is scum........whether they are MPs, SPADs, sitting in the park or rocking up on the beaches of Kent from God knows where.

Dear Mr Fergus,
Thank you for helping me to argue my political-studies thesis. I have provisionally titled it:

'The economic or social problem has yet to be discovered that some right-wing **** has not tried to blame on immigrants'

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Usually I'd agree, but I don't think people will forget this transgression easily.

People are willing to forgive transgressions if they are predisposed to a particular individual.
Both Mandelsson and Campbell were well versed in the media and were able to defend themselves well, when required.

Cummings is very much running things in the background and doesn't have a public persona to fall back on.
Very few people know much about Cummings, and most of what we do know is not very complimentary.
He runs a risk now as being defined by this scandal only, which will make it difficult for people to forgive and forget .

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
People are willing to forgive transgressions if they are predisposed to a particular individual.
Both Mandelsson and Campbell were well versed in the media and were able to defend themselves well, when required.

Cummings is very much running things in the background and doesn't have a public persona to fall back on.
Very few people know much about Cummings, and most of what we do know is not very complimentary.
He runs a risk now as being defined by this scandal only, which will make it difficult for people to forgive and forget .

Well said. As I posted earlier on another thread, these things don't usually wind me up so much. But, the unbelievable arrogance of the man yesterday will stick in my mind for a very long time. I think it will others too.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The Tories now have an opportunity to package up their mishandling of this crisis as " all Dom Cummings fault" and sell him down the river.

I'm sure this won't have passed the Tory Grandees (or Bojo) by.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Steve Baker and Baker lite on opposite sides.

A real Baker bust up going on here.

I’m firmly on the side of due process being carried out, that’s just the trade unionist in Me.
If Cummings is found to be outside of the guideline on this particular subject then he should go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Dear Mr Fergus,
Thank you for helping me to argue my political-studies thesis. I have provisionally titled it:

'The economic or social problem has yet to be discovered that some right-wing **** has not tried to blame on immigrants'

I suspect you will need an awful lot more education.

Generally speaking “free markets“ including the labour market would be (in your likely crude orthodoxy) ideologically right wing (and of the Tory Party), seeking to apply controls on free markets would therefore be left wing.

Unions back in the day would operate to support their members (workers) against the interests of the bosses (Tories).

Who would be interested in a free labour market then, unions and workers or Tories?

This lesson is free Grasshopper.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cummings is an utter prick, that much is abundantly clear.

But I can't not notice the blatant hypocrisy of the journalists and photographers in the video here, haranguing a man for ignoring government guidelines, whilst they themselves are completely ignoring social distancing rules in order to stumble over each other. Twats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52789404

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Kinnock was caught and not fined, he was just “told off” by the Police.

He is an MP, why didn’t he get fined or sacked?

I’m on the 37,000 dead bus......top deck, front seat.........last stop is sack and shame Cummings.

Cummings first, then Kinnock.

Kinnock wasn't "caught", he openly posted a photo of himself sitting on a chair in his parents front garden. He didn't then lie or manipulate the truth to save his skin!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Tories now have an opportunity to package up their mishandling of this crisis as " all Dom Cummings fault" and sell him down the river.

I'm not sure one can exist without the other, I can't see Johnson sacking him. I predict some kind of carve up where he resigns his current post but gets taken back on in some other way.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Or they are so devoid of actual ideas that despite that being the most obvious play, they can’t part with him. Like Ferguson with Cantona, his catalyst for winning titles, when all expected the player to be sacked for the kung-fu kick, there was no way Fergie was letting his mercurial trophy winning talent go anywhere.

Cummings has support not just from Boris, but Gove, and others including Tory donors, and simply throwing him to the wolves, like they would have done with probably most other staff or MPs is not going to happen, they’ll be asking Dom politely what he thinks they should do with him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Or they are so devoid of actual ideas that despite that being the most obvious play, they can’t part with him. Like Ferguson with Cantona, his catalyst for winning titles, when all expected the player to be sacked for the kung-fu kick, there was no way Fergie was letting his mercurial trophy winning talent go anywhere.

Cummings has support not just from Boris, but Gove, and others including Tory donors, and simply throwing him to the wolves, like they would have done with probably most other staff or MPs is not going to happen, they’ll be asking Dom politely what he thinks they should do with him.

In here is the problem, if Twitter,Facebook and internet chat forums are to believed Scotland would be independent, the United Kingdom would be staying in the EU, Labour would have a massive parliamentary majority, Ireland would be United.
T’internet is not a true reflection of how nations operate, if so how Is satsuma boy President of America?
Is there an echo in here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Will Cummings go ?

But I can't not notice the blatant hypocrisy of the journalists and photographers in the video here, haranguing a man for ignoring government guidelines, whilst they themselves are completely ignoring social distancing rules in order to stumble over each other. Twats.

I know what you’re trying to say but there is a big difference here. Cummings is the main adviser to the man who has set and repeatedly told us to stick by these rules and been present during SAGE meetings. If paps want to break these rules then they’re idiots but so be it, the rest of the country aren’t going to change their behaviour because of it. If someone in Cummings position is flouting the rules, that is totally different. It’s totally irresponsible, has to be whiter than white when it comes to it. The two aren’t comparable.

He just can’t survive this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

(Twenty) Two wrong(un)s don't make a right, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here