Will Cummings go ?

• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I suspect you will need an awful lot more education.

Generally speaking “free markets“ including the labour market would be (in your likely crude orthodoxy) ideologically right wing (and of the Tory Party), seeking to apply controls on free markets would therefore be left wing.

Unions back in the day would operate to support their members (workers) against the interests of the bosses (Tories).

Who would be interested in a free labour market then, unions and workers or Tories?

This lesson is free Grasshopper.

Capital is global. The 'working class' is global and includes immigrants.

I work to protect the rights of workers globally. Not just the ones that happen to sound or look like me.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
My prediction, Cummings will go (eventually) and shortly after Johnson will stand down as PM on health grounds...

The PM will stand down six months after getting the biggest majority since Thatcher?
Nice idea, I give you.
Total nonsense though.
When Boris leaves Number Ten, they’ll have to drag him out.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
1) If he made one trip to Durham as best solution to have child cared for if either of them went down with virus that is exceptional circumstances and a lot of fuss about nothing.
2) If he made further trip after returning to London he is in trouble.
3) if found 2 not true typical of our media and said papers should face hefty fine and apology

He went to a castle on a day trip on Easter Sunday with his family. This has not been denied at all. This is the same Easter Sunday that the whole country were told to not leave their homes, make any trips or breach lockdown. He's guilty of so much more. HE DIDNT NEED TO LEAVE LONDON ANYWAY AS HE HAS FAMILY IN LONDON AND COULD HAVE GOT HELP WITH CHILDCARE IF (AND IF IS A BIG WORD AS HE WAS NOT SHOWING SYMPTONS OR TESTED POSITIVE) HE NEEDED IT. Sorry to capitalise but 1 persons job (at the very least he should be furloughed) is obviously more important than honour, morality, fairness, credibility, authority and is insulting for the thousand of the people that have died and their devastated families/friends.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I’m not twisting, transgression should have consequences, that is entirely reasonable.

If the consequences are sacking and shaming, and I am fully comfortable with that too, then the consequences should be as harsh for other transgressors, whatever they’re background.

Otherwise this railing about Cummings looks like petty reactionary bed wetting..........and I will say it again for clarity too.

Sack him and shame him........Kinnock next, then everyone else that has put the NHS at risk during lock down.

No this about Cummings and Cummings only which something you don’t want, hence the whataboutism that you are playing. Suggest you start new thread on kinnock and immigrants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The PM will stand down six months after getting the biggest majority since Thatcher?
Nice idea, I give you.
Total nonsense though.

Especially after he dragged so many other people out in order too get there.
You're right it would be a shame to throw it all away now...

...not very Churchillian.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I agree, as a publicly elected MP Kinnock is worse.

Kinnock is worse than the person that has helped craft the message and guidelines that has left families separated, people unable to care for their loved ones, attend their deathbeds and their funerals whilst he buggers off up north?

**** me, I'd like to know what he has to do to make him worse then...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Cummings is an utter prick, that much is abundantly clear.

But I can't not notice the blatant hypocrisy of the journalists and photographers in the video here, haranguing a man for ignoring government guidelines, whilst they themselves are completely ignoring social distancing rules in order to stumble over each other. Twats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52789404

Still 'whataboutery'. Back to what matters, the Health Secretary and AG amongst others have defended the actions of Cummings, I haven't seen them defend the actions of these photographers

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Nice idea, I give you.
Total nonsense though.

So you don't think the Buffon is out of his depth?

I do feel sorry for him being landed with this crisis, this can't have been part of his plan to sail the Good Ship UK into calm waters from those nasty foreigners!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Interesting that Keir Starer and labour have sat back and let the Tories shoot themselves in the foot. They have starved the opportunity of a partisan defence of cummings, and can quietly store up ammunition for the future.

[tweet]1264532041380638725[/tweet]

(25mins after you posted that)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So you don't think the Buffon is out of his depth?

I do feel sorry for him being landed with this crisis, this can't have been part of his plan to sail the Good Ship UK into calm waters from those nasty foreigners!

Whether you, I or anyone else thinks he’s out of his depth or not, he’s not about to turn round and say “Yeah, you lot are right. I AM a bit crap. Cheerio”.
It’s not how politics works.
Remember Gordon Brown embarrassingly trying to cling to power after the 2010 election? That’s how politicians of all parties roll, when their power base is on the line. Not honourably walking into the sunset.
If you’re waiting on Boris resigning, I’d stick the kettle on if I were you.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I’m not twisting, transgression should have consequences, that is entirely reasonable.

If the consequences are sacking and shaming, and I am fully comfortable with that too, then the consequences should be as harsh for other transgressors, whatever they’re background.

Otherwise this railing about Cummings looks like petty reactionary bed wetting..........and I will say it again for clarity too.

Sack him and shame him........Kinnock next, then everyone else that has put the NHS at risk during lock down.

Does it really need spelling out? He shouldn't be sacked because he broke lockdown, he should be sacked because he's part of the senior government team responsible for designing and enforcing the lockdown rules.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Whether you, I or anyone else thinks he’s out of his depth or not, he’s not about to turn round and say “Yeah, you lot are right. I AM a bit crap. Cheerio”.
It’s not how politics works.
Remember Gordon Brown embarrassingly trying to cling to power after the 2010 election? That’s how politicians of all parties roll, when their power base is on the line. Not honourably walking into the sunset.
If you’re waiting on Boris resigning, I’d stick the kettle on if I were you.

No, I'm not waiting on Boris resigning - there are far more powerful men around the Conservative party than Cummings, who I am sure will move when the time is right - and Boris will toddle off, with his sick note in hand.

D

Deleted member 2719

So who is stupid enough to still be defending/deflecting/whatabouting Cummings in the face of all evidence to the contrary ?

I'll guess at

[MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]

and [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] trying to subtly do it on another thread where it won't be seen, like this http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?379981-How-do-you-think-Boris-has-handled-it-so-far-8th-May&p=9355718&viewfull=1#post9355718

I'm normally quite good at guessing :wink:

Watford, NOW YOU and the OTHER HALFWITS need to STOP ASSUMING.

I am happy that Cummings was SAFE guarding his 4 years old.

He has admitted that.

I was just ASKING about the other times that he ALLEGEDLY broke lockdown rules, I was NOT DEFENDING cummings, just asking for the EVIDENCE.

Please just SHOW me ALL this evidence.

Yours and other people assumptions are that I would back him through THICK and thin, Your WRONG.

I am not constantly spending my day looking at the Cummings as I have better things to do.

So please can you show this?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Cummings is an utter prick, that much is abundantly clear.

But I can't not notice the blatant hypocrisy of the journalists and photographers in the video here, haranguing a man for ignoring government guidelines, whilst they themselves are completely ignoring social distancing rules in order to stumble over each other. Twats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52789404

they are haranguing him cos of who he is, not so much what he's done

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Oh they've certainly criticised him, but not outright called for him to resign, interestingly.

Maybe that will change when the inevitability comes

under Starmer, Labour seem to have a more subtle line, let the media hound and attack so not getting dragged into politicising the situation. if they start calling for a resignation it triggers the Conservatives to circle the wagons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here