• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
How much time did people waste yesterday getting angry about someone they don't even know, absolutely ridiculous. Millions of people in this country don't even know or care who this bloke is, and in a few days the whole thing will blow over·

Didn’t know, do now and know what he did is wrong!

Even the blind can see this is now a cover up to save his and ultimately Boris’s skin.

Both Johnson and Cummings are dead men walking...!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
No I just simply don't care, like millions of others in this country.

You've misjudged the mood on this one - Many have been unable to be with family members as they died, have been unable to have a proper funeral for them, this goes right to the heart of people's humanity. It's a gut wrenching, heart breaking time for many people. Many have not been with their children, parents, family, loved ones for months, they've been through agony to do the right thing. The ruling elite of the tories think they're above that. Moderate, normal, non political people are angry, very rightly so.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The story behind the scenes here I suspect is Brexit.

And before anyone starts laying into to me as an obsessed 'remainiac' - they can (if they have no other life to live) check my posting record and will find I have always been ambivalent about Brexit - perfectly happy with a soft Brexit that doesn't threaten the Good Friday Agreement, maintains freedom of movement to a large extent etc. I hated the way that the Brexit argument played out (it's not a game of football...and all those that talk in terms of 'winning and losing' sound like a bunch of squabbling 8 year olds) but I wasn't so worried about the outcome either way.

But, unsurprisngly, talks on a deal are now way off track. The chances of having any kind of workable deal by end of the year are receding fast. In December the economy will be in meltdown, we'll probably be getting floods again (remember climate change...), people's winter holidays will be limited (reminding us all how much we miss being able to travel to the rest of Europe) and we may well be in the midst of a 'second wave' (I sit in the more positive camp on that, but you can't rule it out). To have a 'no-deal' brexit hit us on top of all of that must be unthinkable to the grown ups in government, civil servants and politicians alike. The internal pressure must already be huge to come out early and agree an extension (under current circumtances no sane person on either side of the channel is going to doubt the wisdom of that - it would definitely get agreement if requested). And looked at entirely dispassionately, such an extension would certainly put the entire Bexit question back into play in the longer term. Most sane people can now see that there are bigger things to worry about.

But there is a group of people, Johnson, Cumminings and the 'loyalists' in cabinet who's careers and reputation have been built on Brexit. And then there are the ERG group within the Tory party for whom NOTHING (people's lives, the economy...nothing) is more important than the relatively minor issue of UK leaving the EU.

So we see the wagons circle.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Okay. I think that’s a shame.

I care because my Step Dad will die of cancer in less than a fortnight, with none of his family there to say goodbye because of the lockdown rules. I’ve not been able to visit him, hug him or be anywhere near him. None of us were able to comfort him when he was told he had a fortnight to live.
Yet the man who made those rules and hammered home the message “STAY AT HOME”, ignored them and travelled 265 miles in the height of the pandemic to see his Mum on her birthday.

I imagine there are millions of people in this country who care, for similar reasons and I think it’s shame on you that you “simply don’t care”. In fact, I feel sorry for you.
Before you type things like “I simply just don’t care”, have a think how things affect other people. Think beyond your own interests, for a change.

Given the news coming out yesterday, are you all tempted to go and see him now?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You've misjudged the mood on this one - Many have been unable to be with family members as they died, have been unable to have a proper funeral for them, this goes right to the heart of people's humanity. It's a gut wrenching, heart breaking time for many people. Many have not been with their children, parents, family, loved ones for months, they've been through agony to do the right thing. The ruling elite of the tories think they're above that. Moderate, normal, non political people are angry, very rightly so.

As far as I am concerned, this lockdown is over if that Meacon, Robocop crossover doesn't get sacked.

If he can do whatever the **** he wants so can I.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Ooh, you’ve got this one badly wrong mate. Poor post.

Indeed. This is a classic case of the ruling classes thinking they're above the law. It's always been like that, but in this case Cummings' acts are different. Millions are making huge sacrifices for the good of the nation, and Cummings couldn't be arsed to follow suit. And, to make it worse, our so-called leaders are putting huge amounts of time and effort into protecting him. And by extension telling us, "the little people", to pipe down and get on with following the rules. People may rightly conclude that - if the top advisor in government can break the rules - well, so can I. That leads to anarchy.

Possibly the best thing to do in these circumstances is to write to your MP (especially if you have a Tory MP) - the people at the top DO take note of the public mood, and letters/emails to MPs ARE noted.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The story behind the scenes here I suspect is Brexit.

And before anyone starts laying into to me as an obsessed 'remainiac' - they can (if they have no other life to live) check my posting record and will find I have always been ambivalent about Brexit - perfectly happy with a soft Brexit that doesn't threaten the Good Friday Agreement, maintains freedom of movement to a large extent etc. I hated the way that the Brexit argument played out (it's not a game of football...and all those that talk in terms of 'winning and losing' sound like a bunch of squabbling 8 year olds) but I wasn't so worried about the outcome either way.

But, unsurprisngly, talks on a deal are now way off track. The chances of having any kind of workable deal by end of the year are receding fast. In December the economy will be in meltdown, we'll probably be getting floods again (remember climate change...), people's winter holidays will be limited (reminding us all how much we miss being able to travel to the rest of Europe) and we may well be in the midst of a 'second wave' (I sit in the more positive camp on that, but you can't rule it out). To have a 'no-deal' brexit hit us on top of all of that must be unthinkable to the grown ups in government, civil servants and politicians alike. The internal pressure must already be huge to come out early and agree an extension (under current circumtances no sane person on either side of the channel is going to doubt the wisdom of that - it would definitely get agreement if requested). And looked at entirely dispassionately, such an extension would certainly put the entire Bexit question back into play in the longer term. Most sane people can now see that there are bigger things to worry about.

But there is a group of people, Johnson, Cumminings and the 'loyalists' in cabinet who's careers and reputation have been built on Brexit. And then there are the ERG group within the Tory party for whom NOTHING (people's lives, the economy...nothing) is more important than the relatively minor issue of UK leaving the EU.

So we see the wagons circle.

Sorry, maybe to those plotting behind the scenes this has something to do with Brexit, but to the average man this is just another example of a politician (I know Cummings isn’t an actual politician, but he does pretty much run the country), sticking two fingers up and saying “rules are for the little people, ordinary people, I am above those rules and can count on my mates (for now) to help me worm my way out of it...”

It’s a disgrace that no one in government has the balls to say it was wrong!

Like the charging non British workers NHS scandal, you can only defend the indefensible for so long!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
How much time did people waste yesterday getting angry about someone they don't even know, absolutely ridiculous. Millions of people in this country don't even know or care who this bloke is, and in a few days the whole thing will blow over·

Or everyone with suspected coronavirus with think it's fine to drive hundreds of miles and spend time with elderly relatives. Other than thousands of unnecessary deaths what's the downside?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
As far as I am concerned, this lockdown is over if that Meacon, Robocop crossover doesn't get sacked.

If he can do whatever the **** he wants so can I.

Sort it out Piggle, for fark’s ache!

HTB12aWaGf9TBuNjy1zbq6xpepXaW.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really don't have much to do with our political system, a failing on me and where I live.

Is it ok to find every single political facet of this absolutely flicking hilarious?

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Indeed. This is a classic case of the ruling classes thinking they're above the law. It's always been like that, but in this case Cummings' acts are different. Millions are making huge sacrifices for the good of the nation, and Cummings couldn't be arsed to follow suit. And, to make it worse, our so-called leaders are putting huge amounts of time and effort into protecting him. And by extension telling us, "the little people", to pipe down and get on with following the rules. People may rightly conclude that - if the top advisor in government can break the rules - well, so can I. That leads to anarchy.

Possibly the best thing to do in these circumstances is to write to your MP (especially if you have a Tory MP) - the people at the top DO take note of the public mood, and letters/emails to MPs ARE noted.

It’s a COLOSSAL **** you to the families of the bereaved. A middle finger to all of us who have sacrificed to try to keep to the rules. This isn’t Tory v Labour. This is a **** you to all of us.

It seems a few (fortunately very few) are completely misunderstanding why this is quite so bad. It’s not really about the original trip itself now at all, to be honest.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No they wont if they are sensible people. Why would you put your family at risk just because somebody else did?

The rules are a nonsense anyway but I've been prepared to follow them. I've worked from home, rarely been out and done the right thing.

As a practical example of this nonsense, my wife was going to meet her mum in the park today and dad this afternoon to follow the rules. I've said not to bother and have the pair round to sit in the garden at lunch instead. The risk is no higher and we've been green lit to do what we want anyway.

D

Deleted member 2719

He’s admitted it. Says he did nothing wrong. Therein lies the problem.

So you don't believe half of the Cabinet, The Attorney General or the fact Boris is nowhere to be seen?

Please point me to the evidence, as I only know of him protecting his 4-year-old child.

Which is fair enough.

What about these other so-called breaches of lockdown???

SAC

May 21, 2014
The rules are a nonsense anyway but I've been prepared to follow them. I've worked from home, rarely been out and done the right thing.

As a practical example of this nonsense, my wife was going to meet her mum in the park today and dad this afternoon to follow the rules. I've said not to bother and have the pair round to sit in the garden at lunch instead. The risk is no higher and we've been green lit to do what we want anyway.

Get one of them to clean your loo and then it is all within the rules!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here