Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've only followed this whole thing from a distance, as it is your idiot, but I dont think he will go. One slight breath in the wrong direction though and he is gone and, from my understanding, missed by no-one.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've only followed this whole thing from a distance, as it is your idiot, but I dont think he will go. One slight breath in the wrong direction though and he is gone and, from my understanding, missed by no-one.

If he doesn't go for this I'm failing to see what else he can do to warrant a sacking.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
He will be missed by the people he spin doctors for primarily the prime minister.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He’ll go eventually, as the press pack smells blood and he’s royally screwed in the court of public opinion. He’ll still be pulling the strings offstage though; much like Mandelson always used to do between his multiple sackings.

Sigh!

And we thought what Mandelson did was bad....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
First reaction is to say, no, he won't go, they'll brazen it out..

But this doesn't feel like a Westminster bubble type of scandal. The public are really, REALLY, annoyed by this. It's very hard to get over that because the papers never like going against public opinion.

Cummings is the kind of guy that was always going to f*ck up at some point. It might have come a bit earlier than he expected though. I also see he's trying the Trump play book on the press, but just can't see that working here

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Quite funny reading all the right wingers on here having a minor meltdown over this. I notice they were silent until their glorious leader piped up with "It's a non story and it doesn't matter, he did nothing wrong". You then had your lie and your party line. Incapabale of independant thought.

Just a thought; maybe it hasn't been merged yet because it was started at 1/4 past nine on a saturday night and the mods have better things to do than hand out tissues to the thin skinned right wingers on here?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
In all seriousness, I don't like the man. He seems like an odious little man running around behind the scenes basically determining policy without going through any public vetting.

But the media hysteria about this "story" is pathetic. It's another case of the media deciding what to report and generating news rather than reporting on it. They have time to fill, so they've picked a story of no importance whatsoever and it's shameful. They realise the country are now bored of the wall to wall Covid-19 overreaction and now they need something new to feed them. Disgraceful.

I agree somewhat as the press dont seem to care what damage is done undermining the government when we hope that people listen to the advice. But all he had to do was apologise, he seems incapable of that though. I have an instant disliking to the odious prick though so maybe i am biased.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In all seriousness, I don't like the man. He seems like an odious little man running around behind the scenes basically determining policy without going through any public vetting.

But the media hysteria about this "story" is pathetic. It's another case of the media deciding what to report and generating news rather than reporting on it. They have time to fill, so they've picked a story of no importance whatsoever and it's shameful. They realise the country are now bored of the wall to wall Covid-19 overreaction and now they need something new to feed them. Disgraceful.

Not really, it's now more about his and the Government reaction. He could have simply apologised and explained what happened, or at least reiterated the overall message of saying at home but his circumstances were difficult, instead of that he has:

1) Retrospectively re-defined the rules. The press (quite rarely) held back the story due to a sense of social responsibility and public interest. Cummings obviously has none.

2) Suggested the rules put into place can be overruled by personal circumstances, even though he a wealthy individual at the centre of power with help available at the click of a Blackberry. That's an incredibly dangerous message to put out there at the moment.

3) Brought Brexit back into the arena to define a sense of ideological purity and truth. Watch the footage, when door stepped outside his house he said to the journalists they were wrong about Brexit, so they must be wrong about this.

4) Knew he was wrong at the time and the press were on his tail, but clearly instigated a premeditated cover up very early on. His wife wrote a story in the Spectator implying they were in London and Number 10 were briefing the same to journalists.

The last point is what usually ends public life, not what you did (and why you did it), but what you did afterwards in an attempt to cover it up.

That's the actual story and the press have an absolute right to cover it. If he isn't gone next week something has gone very very wrong.

D

Deleted member 22389

Quite funny reading all the right wingers on here having a minor meltdown over this. I notice they were silent until their glorious leader piped up with "It's a non story and it doesn't matter, he did nothing wrong". You then had your lie and your party line. Incapabale of independant thought.

Just a thought; maybe it hasn't been merged yet because it was started at 1/4 past nine on a saturday night and the mods have better things to do than hand out tissues to the thin skinned right wingers on here?

How much time did people waste yesterday getting angry about someone they don't even know, absolutely ridiculous. Millions of people in this country don't even know or care who this bloke is, and in a few days the whole thing will blow over·

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 22389

Indeed, normally the moderating 'team' ( :lolol: ) are all over political threads repeating the same old point-scoring nonsense merging them or binning them to the other stuff. Obviously, by 'team' I mean the two moderators who mainly contribute to political threads ignoring numerous breaches of site rules as long as opinions agree with their one-dimensional biases ..

Other opinions will not be tolerated JC, your card has been marked.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How much time did people waste yesterday getting angry about someone they don't even know, absolutely ridiculous.

Sorry, that doesn’t wash and this won’t be just shrugged off. What he’s done is the height of hypocrisy, the epitome of “one rule for us...” and he put lives at risk. Now he and the government are engaging in a cover up, likely premeditated and are trying to blank out the media.

You are either completely blinded by your love for this government because they have promised Brexit or you realise Cummings and Johnson have dropped a bollock and are fronting it because, well, that’s the sort of thing you do.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Other opinions will not be tolerated JC, your card has been marked.

Well that’s just not true is it. There are endless threads, brim full of your mob’s “alternative opinions”. No sympathy here I’m afraid, you lot get your say the same as everyone else.

D

Deleted member 22389

Sorry, that doesn’t wash and this won’t be just shrugged off. What he’s done is the height of hypocrisy, the epitome of “one rule for us...” and he put lives at risk. Now he and the government are engaging in a cover up, likely premeditated and are trying to blank out the media.

You are either completely blinded by your love for this government because they have promised Brexit or you realise Cummings and Johnson have dropped a bollock and are fronting it because, well, that’s the sort of thing you do.

No I just simply don't care, like millions of others in this country.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Okay. I think that’s a shame.

I care because my Step Dad will die of cancer in less than a fortnight, with none of his family there to say goodbye because of the lockdown rules. I’ve not been able to visit him, hug him or be anywhere near him. None of us were able to comfort him when he was told he had a fortnight to live.
Yet the man who made those rules and hammered home the message “STAY AT HOME”, ignored them and travelled 265 miles in the height of the pandemic to see his Mum on her birthday.

I imagine there are millions of people in this country who care, for similar reasons and I think it’s shame on you that you “simply don’t care”. In fact, I feel sorry for you.
Before you type things like “I simply just don’t care”, have a think how things affect other people. Think beyond your own interests, for a change.

Last edited:

Pickles

May 5, 2014

I think you're wrong there, matey.

Millions do care, including myself. It was always a grey area, intentionally probably from a libertarian PM, but this smacks of total arrogance, and don't do what I do, do what I say.

It's wrong on every level, it really is.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have not posted on this thread, as I am awaiting to see some proof of these so called trips Cummings made.

I do not believe a word newspapers say, as we know what their agendas are.

Can someone provide proof of these trips please?

Apologies if the proof has already been posted on thread already.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Private Eye knows a thing or two about denials when you've 'got'em'.

[tweet]1264310655110258689[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have not posted on this thread, as I am awaiting to see some proof of these so called trips Cummings made.

He’s admitted it. Says he did nothing wrong. Therein lies the problem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

So you don't believe half of the Cabinet, The Attorney General or the fact Boris is nowhere to be seen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here