Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’s the point isn’t it. Anyone else would have been forced to resign hours ago but Johnson (and Gove) are so scared of Dom, they’re going to try and bullshit their way out of this. Looks like they’re going to bring the rest of their poxy cabinet down with them.

Hopefully it is the beginning of the end of this toxic administration.

Yep. Could be the end of Boris, this. Misplaced loyalty or fear of exposure......whichever....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wish I had a pound for every thread started on this bloke

Indeed, normally the moderating 'team' ( :lolol: ) are all over political threads repeating the same old point-scoring nonsense merging them or binning them to the other stuff. Obviously, by 'team' I mean the two moderators who mainly contribute to political threads ignoring numerous breaches of site rules as long as opinions agree with their one-dimensional biases ..

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Excellent debate on Sky news paper review just now, discussing due process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You must be watching a different programme. All Matthew Syed is saying is there needs to be an investigation.

There is no current investigation. Number 10 has said they won't even respond to the new allegations.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We know you want to be governed by a government that fed you bullshit, which you clearly fell for, but why is this un-elected spunkbugle 'staying put' ?

Is that the royal we? :lolol:

Considering you couldn't recognise antisemitism even if you were stationmaster on the mainline to Auschwitz there's obviously no point attempting to enlighten someone with such a blinkered, limited mind.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I suspect tomorrow we'll see a load of cabinet ministers and pliant MPs making various statements about how this is all hearsay and there's no evidence, then on Monday both papers run a whole load of photos to prove it happened.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
He’ll go eventually, as the press pack smells blood and he’s royally screwed in the court of public opinion. He’ll still be pulling the strings offstage though; much like Mandelson always used to do between his multiple sackings.

Sigh!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I suspect tomorrow we'll see a load of cabinet ministers and pliant MPs making various statements about how this is all hearsay and there's no evidence, then on Monday both papers run a whole load of photos to prove it happened.

Agreed. Journo’s are going to set them up and skewer them on Monday. Hopefully. They’re out for blood for the way the government has “Trumped” the media for the last two months.

Cummings will not resign though.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Is that the royal we? :lolol:

Considering you couldn't recognise antisemitism even if you were stationmaster on the mainline to Auschwitz there's obviously no point attempting to enlighten someone with such a blinkered, limited mind.

My mothers family is Jewish, according to the faith, that makes me Jewish. ....no answer then. How unexpected, along with your classy Auschwitz quip.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The problem now is not so much about what he did (we all make mistakes in haste) but the reaction.

1) The reaction has clearly damaged the stay at home message and retrospectively reinterpreted the advice. Do as we say, but not as we do. Scientists have gone, why not Cummings ?

2) It has exposed the reliance the Government has on an unelected bureaucrat whose USP is the Government is held back by unelected Bureaucrats. That's the real hypocrisy.

3) Cabinet ministers going on to social media in an organised defence of an advisor is oddness in itself.

Even odder that the defence appears to have organised by the accused.

The better advised (most in the cabinet) have stayed well clear and there is much rumbling behind the scenes. Boris was supposed to unify the party but the complete opposite is now taking place.

5) The Government clearly want to move away from the corrosive political issue that is Brexit, but Cummings has inflamed the issue by attacking journalists with their views on Brexit when challenged about his movements. If the Government wants to move on then Cummings has to move on too.

6) Barefaced lying has become the new norm. A premeditated cover up was already underway when rumours started to swirl a few weeks ago. Number 10 were telling newspapers he was at home and his wife was writing stories to suggest they were.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The problem now is not so much about what he did (we all make mistakes in haste) but the reaction.

1) The reaction has clearly damaged the stay at home message and retrospectively reinterpreted the advice. Do as we say, but not as we do. Scientists have gone, why not Cummings ?

2) It has exposed the reliance the Government has on an unelected bureaucrat whose USP is the Government is held back by unelected Bureaucrats. That's the real hypocrisy.

3) Cabinet ministers going on to social media in an organised defence of an advisor is oddness in itself.

The better advised (most in the cabinet) have stayed well clear and there is much rumbling behind the scenes. Boris was supposed to unify the party but the complete opposite is now taking place.

5) The Government clearly want to move away from the corrosive political issue that is Brexit, but Cummings has inflamed the issue by attacking journalists with their views on Brexit when challenged about his movements. If the Government wants to move on then Cummings has to move on too.

6) Barefaced lying has become the new norm. A premeditated cover up was already underway when rumours started to swirl a few weeks ago. Number 10 were telling newspapers he was at home and his wife was writing stories to suggest they were.

He’ll be trying to keep the story going, absolutely shower social media and the news in the hopes people get sick to death of hearing about it.
Our only hope is damning evidence in the papers over the next couple of days.

I reckon.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Happy to take your point on Brexit. I haven't seen all of DC's doorstep with the press today so wasn't aware he'd referenced the B-word. And I am sure there is nothing more he would like more than this very straightforward issue of crass hypocrisy and arrogance to be obscured by a re-run of the Brexit arguments. That works for him. I guess he's lots of things but he's not stupid.

But the point about racism 100% stands but I know you wouldn't have an issue with that anyway.

He travelled 260 miles in an enclosed metal box with his children whilst he and his wife had coronavirus symptoms, almost certainly infecting them, to then potentially hand on to his grandparents.

He’s really, really ****ing stupid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I knew I had seen a tweet saying Cummings had been seen in Durham 10th May (I didn’t know about the two trips in April then) I found it again tonight. Simon Young.
I was accused of posting unsubstantiated bollocks and called a liar.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I believe the correct phrase is 'circling the wagons'. It's already started but I bet there are discussions behind the scenes between the factions within the Tory party about whether he should be forced to go. Johnson will be loyal to him because without him he's a dead duck! A lot will depend on the grandees of the party, 1922 committee and all that mob.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I knew I had seen a tweet saying Cummings had been seen in Durham 10th May (I didn’t know about the two trips in April then) I found it again tonight. Simon Young.
I was accused of posting unsubstantiated bollocks and called a liar.

I was reading the rumours too at the time, but dismissed them. Posts on Twitter (obviously) aren't proof of anything.

Journalists have been severely restricted in their investigatory powers too due to the lockdown, so I'd imagine the light went green when the Police finally made their statement. The Police are quite rightly pissed off because his actions make their duties (and they haven't really been given clear guidance) makes their job so much harder.

Another possibility is that (quite rarely) the press have applied a degree of social responsibility by not breaking the story at the time.

I can imagine the debates behind the scenes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was reading the rumours too at the time, but dismissed them. Posts on Twitter (obviously) aren't proof of anything.

Journalists have been severely restricted in their investigatory powers too due to the lockdown, so I'd imagine the light went green when the Police finally made their statement. The Police are quite rightly pissed off because his actions make their duties (and they haven't really been given clear guidance) makes their job so much harder.

Another possibility is that (quite rarely) the press have applied a degree of social responsibility by not breaking the story at the time.

I said at the time it was gossip and rumour. Tonight I’ve seen a lot more references to it.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

He is obviously a selfish ******** but the problem with outing him has now resulted in reportedly people not wanting to continue to obey rules that the government and employees ignore. It is damaging now, would have been even more damaging 3 weeks ago.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I said at the time it was gossip and rumour. Tonight I’ve seen a lot more references to it.

Yes, but the gossip and rumour were true (and so were you)

No-one knew that at the time, but it does suggest this was swirling around the newspapers. I'm interested why they sat on it for so long.

The Guardian wouldn't publish anything unless it was 99% sure, the Mirror wouldn't give a stuff. But they have worked together (also quite strange) to produce a story.

Love to know the story behind the story.

And well done for breaking a NSC exclusive at least. :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He is obviously a selfish ******** but the problem with outing him has now resulted in reportedly people not wanting to continue to obey rules that the government and employees ignore. It is damaging now, would have been even more damaging 3 weeks ago.

Exactly. See post above, can't wait to read what went on behind the scenes in the newsroom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here