Will Cummings go ?

• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
His wife’s brother lives just a few streets away.
They went to Durham, back to London and then to Durham again.

I don’t think anyone has said his parents needed help, although the first visit did coincide with his mother’s birthday.

Looks like you have been stalking

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looks like you have been stalking

It’s all in the Public domain. The news outlets are full of it.

The funniest thing is that the full extent was known by some sections of the press but they only revealed part of it. The cabinet ministers left to Cummings defence etc etc

Then the press revealed he had done it twice going back to London in the meantime.
Even the Spectator, his wife’s employer, has piled in.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Him and wife both showing symptoms

Not true, clearly from the number 10 statement it was his wife who only had symptoms at the time.

..Owing to his wife being infected with suspected coronavirus and the high likelihood that he would himself become unwell

A likelihood increased by travelling a long distance in an enclosed space with a potentially infected person and this is the important point.

He has increased the likelihood of himself and his child being infected. He would know that having sat on the SAGE committee.

I have not travelled more then 2/3 miles during lock down but would also drive hundreds of miles to see a close relative if they needed my help.

But that didn't happen did it, else his relatives would have traveled to him.

Cummings has completely re-written the rules: If a member of your family has symptoms, but you currently have not - you can drive to the other end of the country in case both of you eventually have it and need child care.

It's nonsense anyway. He's currently the second most powerful person in the Government and would have had a number of options available to him.

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
In all seriousness, I don't like the man. He seems like an odious little man running around behind the scenes basically determining policy without going through any public vetting.

But the media hysteria about this "story" is pathetic. It's another case of the media deciding what to report and generating news rather than reporting on it. They have time to fill, so they've picked a story of no importance whatsoever and it's shameful. They realise the country are now bored of the wall to wall Covid-19 overreaction and now they need something new to feed them. Disgraceful.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You are not a knob clearly, but are clearly wrong on this point.

The Brexit line was used by Cummings himself when questioned outside his house today by reporters.

He attacked them as being as wrong about Brexit as they were about him resigning over his lockdown breach.

If Cummings can't talk about an alleged lock down breach without referring to Brexit then you shouldn't expect others not to do so on here.

You are a moderator, not the chair of a meeting.

Sorry.

Happy to take your point on Brexit. I haven't seen all of DC's doorstep with the press today so wasn't aware he'd referenced the B-word. And I am sure there is nothing more he would like more than this very straightforward issue of crass hypocrisy and arrogance to be obscured by a re-run of the Brexit arguments. That works for him. I guess he's lots of things but he's not stupid.

But the point about racism 100% stands but I know you wouldn't have an issue with that anyway.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You are not a knob clearly, but are clearly wrong on this point.

The Brexit line was used by Cummings himself when questioned outside his house today by reporters.

He attacked them as being as wrong about Brexit as they were about him resigning over his lockdown breach.

If Cummings can't talk about an alleged lock down breach without referring to Brexit then you shouldn't expect others not to do so on here.

You are a moderator, not the chair of a meeting.

Sorry.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I think you may have confused Brexit per se, which has relevance to how we got here and The Brexit Thread which is full of the same dozen or so diehards insulting each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
His wife’s brother lives just a few streets away.
They went to Durham, back to London and then to Durham again.

I don’t think anyone has said his parents needed help, although the first visit did coincide with his mother’s birthday.

To be fair, I understood his mother needed help organizing her 71st birthday party, allegedly!!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In all seriousness, I don't like the man. He seems like an odious little man running around behind the scenes basically determining policy without going through any public vetting.

But the media hysteria about this "story" is pathetic. It's another case of the media deciding what to report and generating news rather than reporting on it. They have time to fill, so they've picked a story of no importance whatsoever and it's shameful. They realise the country are now bored of the wall to wall Covid-19 overreaction and now they need something new to feed them. Disgraceful.

Agreed......clearly not much else negative on the Covid front to report......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pretty please.

The thought had crossed my mind. The question is what would get rid of this ghastly life-shortening criminally negligent 'government' the most quickly? One thing that is certain is the tories won't go to the pipple (first quiz question, which tory leader pronounced 'people' like that? And who wrote his rabid failure of a manifesto?) until they think they can win. That will be at the last minute before never by the look of it. So we are in for a five year term.

So do we want Boris to stay or go as leader of the party?

I fear that if Boris loses Cummings he may wilt like a stick of celery left in the sun, and move on to money and pasture new. Then the tories would elect someone more competent and less charismatic. Win for the country, so I'm in.

If Cummings stays it means he will have shown he is a winner, and only if the media decide to kill him will the house of fun collapse. It's a 'no' from me.

It may take a Major Tom moment to oust this shit, Cummings, though. Perhaps if the nation's favourite 'sir' (with apologies to [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] for mining the valley of bathos) might raise an eyebrow or more and Boris may feel a bit of shame....sorry, no, what was I thinking, and I have hardly had anything to drink. Yet.

And the longer it goes on the more time we have to forget......no I'd like Cummings gone now. Partly for the same reason that if a cat shits on my lawn I get the shovel out, and dispatch it yonder. We don't want shit lying about. Not even lying shit. And if he drags Boris with him it would be even more pleasing. Actually the country needs it. Trumpian dystopia just doesn't work in the UK.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think you may have confused Brexit per se, which has relevance to how we got here and The Brexit Thread which is full of the same dozen or so diehards insulting each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't confused anything at all and not sure that "closing ranks" is a good look today. The comment about the Brexit Thread was clearly separated into two points:

(a) making it a re-run of the Brexit thread, and
(b) turning it into a debate on who may be racist and who isn't.

On point (a) You can't separate Brexit from anything Cummings does or says. He isn't able to himself and that was the point I was making. On a wider point they are clearly parallels with his "it's up to the individual" lock-down defence with the neo-liberal position than underpins Brexit.

On point (b) There clearly are racist posters on NSC both past and present. NSC generally takes the line they will "argued out" and looked stupid within the "debate". I tend to agree with that position generally (because racists are generally stupid) although in the past I would argue there has a little bit of self-indulgence allowing the more "intelligent" racists to post for far too long. That of course is a personal view.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm so ****ing angry about this. I live with the 'one rule for us stuff' but it's the way the shameless, useless, yes men/women cabinet have no integrity and tweet their support. Have they no shame? What would Dom have to do for them to say 'hang on Dom this isn't right'? Let's hope no other news pushes this into the background. As other posters have said the sacrifices people have made is unbelievable and what he has done is so dangerous for people flouting the rules.

They appear to be so craven that even if they found him hanging out the back of their old nan they'd still ask him if he needed a cushion to kneel on, and if he fancied a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

Actually until one of our more rabid knee jerk dimbots on here holds his soppy hands up and admits that enough is enough, signalling a sea change in dimbot thinking, the grimmer twins (Boris Jagger and Dom Richards) will soldier manfully on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

punish:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Absolute bonkers new response from Number 10 (sorry Cummings)

Number 10 has since refuted the reports claiming that "campaigning newspapers" have been writing "inaccurate stories about Mr Cummings" and that they "will not waste our time answering a stream of false allegations."

Pure Trump and now accusing the Guardian and the Mirror of "fake news".

They've forgotten two very important points

1) The UK press is overwhelmingly right wing. Even the Mail and the Spectator are running stories that make Cummings look like a hypocritical dick.

2) Irrespective of their paper's "political position", Journalists close ranks too. We saw that today in the press conference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here