Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why every last person on here must make a consious effort .......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I find it amazing that a number of Brighton fans did so - especially as Albion themselves are on the bones of their arse from a financial point of view.

I can understand any Northern-based Seagulls going to the Racecourse instead of the Withdean. That makes perfect sense. But I can't believe that Brighton-based fans chose to support another club who are based hundreds of miles away ahead of their own club, even if it was for one day.
Has it not occurred to you that the ones who travelled up are Albion season ticket holders ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Your point being that "Brighton are on the bones of their arse financially", so instead of travelling to Wales to support Wrexham for a day, we should instead spend the money on going to Albions home match v Burnley. I'm pretty sure Biscuit is a season ticket holder, so other than perhaps a matchday programme and a burger, I can't see that he'd be spending much more than he already has on a match ticket.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Easy 10 said:
Your point being that "Brighton are on the bones of their arse financially", so instead of travelling to Wales to support Wrexham for a day, we should instead spend the money on going to Albions home match v Burnley. I'm pretty sure Biscuit is a season ticket holder, so other than perhaps a matchday programme and a burger, I can't see that he'd be spending much more than he already has on a match ticket.

Didn't any of the Albion fans who travelled to Wrexham pass on their Withdean tickets to other Brighton fans?

Anyway, the financial side of things is not the only issue, surely? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Albion currently in the middle of both a battle to get permission to build a new stadium and a battle to stay in the Championship? Wouldn't regular full houses at the Withdean Stadium help your club on both counts?

Hannibal smith said:
I always use the example of my Dad whenever this debate crops up.

He had a season ticket on the East terrace for 23 years until the Goldstone closed, went to Gillingham half a dozen times a season but has been to Withdean no more than 10 times since it was built. He would get a season ticket if we had Falmer but doesn't go Withdean for the following reasons;

(1) Parking : In his words 'He hates to be made to feel like a criminal' if he parks in say Surrenden Road.
(2) The thought of sitting in the freezing cold for 90 minutes in the winter does not appeal, especially in an uncovered seat in the South Stand for a 60 year old.
(3) The loss of friends who cannot go casually. On the East terrace there was between 4 and 10 people of his friends that went and did so regularly. The loss of routine and knowing that these people would not be there has stopped him going. Even if they were, the problem of sitting in the correct seat rears up as he would not wish to sit on his own.
(4) The facilities are poor.
(5) No pay on the day or 'seemingly' freely available tickets.

QUOTE]

If he was an Eat Terrace season ticket holder at the Goldstone for 23 years, then he should feel right at home freezing his b+****cks off at withdean.:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't any of the Albion fans who travelled to Wrexham pass on their Withdean tickets to other Brighton fans?
Probably, yes......and ?

Anyway, the financial side of things is not the only issue, surely? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Albion currently in the middle of both a battle to get permission to build a new stadium and a battle to stay in the Championship? Wouldn't regular full houses at the Withdean Stadium help your club on both counts?
Not really, no. A few hundred missing off the gate makes very little difference atmosphere-wise at Withdean. The Public Inquiry reopens in February, but attendences at Withdean are not on the agenda when it reopens, and are actually completely irrelevent (take a look at the "new public inquiry" thread for more details).

Last edited:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton

You are getting on my tits LB.

This was a Fans United exercise. These type of events usually take a little bit of sacrifice for the game we all love. Being a Cardiff supporter you wouldn't know about that.

Tell me. What did you do for football on Saturday?

Juat piss off and stop criticising those who did.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Agree with the bluebird, there is to much saving club shite around these days.Look after our own clubs.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
mr turd said:
Agree with the bluebird, there is to much saving club shite around these days.Look after our own clubs.

What a pathetic first post. TRUST THAT IT IS YOUR LAST.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Well, if the fans who went to Wrexham passed on their tickets on to other Albion fans then they have obviously cost Brighton some much-needed gate money. No?

Surprised at your comments about the Withdean crowds, Easy. Ask the Dick Knight and the players whether they prefer to see full houses at Withdean or not. I'm pretty sure I can guess what their answers would be!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Waterhall Wizard said:
This was a Fans United exercise. These type of events usually take a little bit of sacrifice for the game we all love. Being a Cardiff supporter you wouldn't know about that. Tell me. What did you do for football on Saturday?

What did I do for football on Saturday? f*** all for a change. I had a football-free day - it was my father's 70th birthday so the family went out for a meal. Why, what did you do?

And what do you know about being a Cardiff supporter exactly? Precious little I should imagine, as you seem to think that Cardiff is in North Wales.....

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Waterhall Wizard said:
What a pathetic first post. TRUST THAT IT IS YOUR LAST.
These days its very common for clubs to hit the shit,so you gonna do this every time a club hits the shit,or maybe its just because wrexham have a twat of a chairman like we did.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Well, if the fans who went to Wrexham passed on their tickets on to other Albion fans then they have obviously cost Brighton some much-needed gate money. No?

Surprised at your comments about the Withdean crowds, Easy. Ask the Dick Knight and the players whether they prefer to see full houses at Withdean or not. I'm pretty sure I can guess what their answers would be!

LB you can be thick sometimes.

Dick Knight knows that if every club in crisis were allowed to go under with no help from others there would be no teams to play. This was the very essence of why the many non-Wrexham fans travelled to Wales on Saturday.

Wait until Sam the Man pulls the plug from Cardiff City. You'll be crying your bloody eyes out, but there will be help, and from the very same people you are criticising here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kind of scratching around here to prove a point here arn't you LB ? The club have already been paid for the Burnley ticket. I suppose what you are driving at is that the ticket may have been passed on to someone who may otherwise have paid full whack for a spare ticket that hadn't yet been sold. Whatever. As a one-off gesture to Wrexham, I think a few quid (plus £3 for the programme and £3 for a burger, before you bring that up) is worth it.

I think there were about a dozen Brighton fans who went to Wrexham - some northern based who wouldn't have been at Withdean anyway. We're not exactly talking about a Withdean EXODUS here, are we.

LB, you are coming across as a bit of a pedantic prick. Give it a rest, will you.

Last edited:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Let the bluebird have his opion:shootself

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
WW: In another thread you suggested that Cardiff City FC and its fans didn't care about any other club, and that we were the Man Utd of South Wales.

Interesting piece of history for you: Way back in December 1976, 13,000 fans (myself included) turned out at Ninian Park on a wet Wednesday evening to watch a South Wales XI play a benefit match in aid of Newport County, who were on the verge of bankruptcy at the time. The opposition were Manchester United.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Easy 10 said:
LB, you are coming across as a bit of a pedantic prick. Give it a rest, will you.

Oops. A difference of opinions and you've resorted to insults. Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here