Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why every last person on here must make a consious effort .......

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
SussexHoop said:
I know there are fans from other clubs who've been and said it's such an appalling place to watch a game of football they'll never go again

There are also Brighton fans, such as myself, who share the same sentiments and will never step inside Withdean again

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Interesting you should mention Swansea. They were in dire straights a couple of years ago. Desperate trouble. They were days away from extinction on a couple of occasions. The Cardiff City supporters clubs donated plenty of money to their fighting fund, even though they are supposed to be our arch enemies. Can't remember any Brighton involvement in that particular crisis though.

Unfortuantly we're not all omnipresent super fans.

I have a Withdean season ticket. My Alive and Kicking Donation went to the club. My Replica Shirt money went to the club. My DVD money went to the club.. you get the idea.

I love Brighton. Do I love them before football? Well there wouldn't be a club if there wasn't the sport? Although I do love watching Brighton over watching football in general.

I've seen enough Brighton games. I'm fed up with Withdean. I'll still go back to Withdean though. I went to Wrexham on Saturday and made a difference. Fans United. Media Coverage. Good Will. Would my presence at Withdean have made a difference? No. Will I go to Wrexham every week? No? Will I go to the Albion every week? Yes. Does one week make a difference? No.

Train times to Ipswich anyone?

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Lord Bracknell said:
Prescott accepts that we need a stadium capable of holding 22,000.

This won't be an issue at the resumed Public Inquiry.

Does he categorically state this anywhere in a statement or official comment?

I was under the impression (through my understanding of the ODPM, working in an umbrella department) that it has to go back to Public Inquiry to clarify certain planning and legal issues which were not raised in the initial application - not because he understands the club 'needs' a 22000 seater ground, but unsure which site is best.

Last edited:

disgruntled h blocker said:
Does he categorically state this anywhere in a statement or official comment?

I was under the impression (through my understanding of the ODPM, working in an umbrella department) that it has to go back to Public Inquiry to clarify certain planning and legal issues which were not raised in the initial application - not because he understands the club 'needs' a 22000 seater ground, but unsure which site is best.
The resumed Inquiry is about possible alternative sites for a 22,000 seater stadium.

If Prescott thought that a smaller stadium might be appropriate, he wouldn't have specified 22,000 in the terms of reference for the Inquiry.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Saint Lennard said:
So offering Crewe, Burnley and Rotherham for a reduced price or throwing Stoke in for half price isn't a sensible idea. How do you suggest we sell these tickets then oh great one.

I didn't say it was a bad idea. I just get pissed off at you having a go at the commercial team at every opportunity - which was the point I made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here