Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why every last person on here must make a consious effort .......

D

Deleted User X18H

No far from I don't have an expendible income to spunk but BHA are a very important part of my life therefore I make sure I can afford a seson ticket and go to as many away games as possible and as my summer cash helps the club out I make my season ticket a proirty over giving other clubs and train companies pertol stations etc etc too much cash.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
You either go because its your club and you support through thick and thin where ever they play or you cherry pick for whatever reasons, cost etc.

I cannot see Falmer being cheap though can you? And if the football is poor it will be the usual 6-7000 suspects after the initial novelty of a good stadium has worn off.

I just wish the South stand could have a roof. The boy is off school today with a cold, his mum blames withdean's lack of roof so I am getting nagged..again

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
hove born&bred said:
No far from I don't have an expendible income to spunk but BHA are a very important part of my life therefore I make sure I can afford a seson ticket and go to as many away games as possible and as my summer cash helps the club out I make my season ticket a proirty over giving other clubs and train companies pertol stations etc etc too much cash.

But you openly admit that you do OK for yourself, not everybody is as fortunate as you. Now like you I always get a season ticket, however I do see the position that those that are more selective about their games are in. I think at times Tim, you should stop comparing people with your own standards and beliefs.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Ernest said:
At the end of the day if you are a TRUE Albion supporter it doesn't matter if we play at Withdean, Falmer , Wembley or in Hove Park you would go and watch them anywhere.
It wasn't fun on Saturday getting soaking wet, freezing cold and seeing us lose but at least I was there supporting my team and that will be the case all the time there is a breath in my body.

What a load of rubbish.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you look what has happened when clubs have moved to new stadia then they have tended to generate new fans attracted to the improved facilities.

Man City, Southampton, Bolton etc even our tight fisted friends at Reading all now have far higher crowds. We are in the 21st century and there is an expectation amongst customers that facilities will be half decent.

If Falmer is given the green light then there will be more bums on seats

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I can accept the fact that I'm not a TRUE supporter if I wasn't there on Saturday, that's fine but next time you miss a game and you're not DEAD, Ernest. I'm calling you up on it.

:)

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Seen 5 miserable matches this season in miserable conditions with 4 loses and a draw.

I ain't going back for a while !!!!!!!!:nono:

It really is shit and no fun at all.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Ding Dong ! said:
Seen 5 miserable matches this season in miserable conditions with 4 loses and a draw.

I ain't going back for a while !!!!!!!!:nono:

It really is shit and no fun at all.

I assume then that you will be watching this calibre of football at Falmer (or worse as we will have no money to improve the team until it is built and our debt has been settled) as the miserable weather will not be an issue.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saint Lennard said:
I assume then that you will be watching this calibre of football at Falmer (or worse as we will have no money to improve the team until it is built and our debt has been settled) as the miserable weather will not be an issue.
Jees, the glass sure is half empty with you fella, isn't it.

Rather than constantly focussing on the negatives and speculating on what you think is going to go tits up even if we DO get Falmer, can I suggest you read your own signiture a couple of times, and give a little thought to the wise words contained in it ?

And as for the "calibre" of football we are watching....if we are watching Championship football by the time we get Falmer, then that is very much Mission Accomplished as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Easy 10 said:
Jees, the glass sure is half empty with you fella, isn't it.

Rather than constantly focussing on the negatives and speculating on what you think is going to go tits up even if we DO get Falmer, can I suggest you read your own signiture a couple of times, and give a little thought to the wise words contained in it ?

And as for the "calibre" of football we are watching....if we are watching Championship football by the time we get Falmer, then that is very much Mission Accomplished as far as I am concerned.

My point is that some use the excuse of poor weather and poor performances. The weather will not be an excuse for them at Falmer but the performances could well be if we are aiming as high as Steve Claridge (no disrespect to the effort he is putting in for the cause) and have 10 plus players unsigned by the end of the season. How full will Falmer be if the weather is glorious but we are playing League 2 footy. The prices will still be as high as today cos the ground with be half full or should i say half empty!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saint Lennard said:
My point is that some use the excuse of poor weather and poor performances. The weather will not be an excuse for them at Falmer but the performances could well be if we are aiming as high as Steve Claridge (no disrespect to the effort he is putting in for the cause) and have 10 plus players unsigned by the end of the season. How full will Falmer be if the weather is glorious but we are playing League 2 footy. The prices will still be as high as today cos the ground with be half full or should i say half empty!!!
Are you actually aware of the specific reasons as to why it is we can only bring in players of the calibre of Claridge at the moment ? And why we are not currently in a position to renew contracts ? I'll give you a clue. It starts with W.

Now, I'm not saying we will have a team on a par with Real Madrid on the day we kick off at Falmer, and we'll still have a lot of hard work ahead of us, BUT - the club will be on a far sounder financial footing, we will have a higher turnover, and we will be in more of a position to attract investors. That means more money for players, for players contracts, and so on and so forth.

It ain't rocket science.

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Nothin to do with anything that flies in the air but alot to do with those people who are pissed off with performances now still being dished up the same drivel at Falmer. I haven't got a problem with that. But those people that are using the weather as an excuse now won't have that at Falmer so what will there excuse be then eh? We will not get 15k each game, i think we will be lucky to get 10k. And if, as its been said, prices are going down then we are relying on your sponsors to bail us out. I won't hold my breath then.:lolol:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
To be honest I would rather spend my money on something else than for a freezinf cold afternoon most likely spent in the rain at Withdean. It's a bid hypocritical of me but it's just the way I am.

Maybe I'm giving up? It's been a long time since I could get excited about going to a home game.

That is the same as me and my 2 lads Im afraid,I would rather save up and go to a decent away game now.

Never thought I would hear myself saying that:nono:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Charlies Shinpad said:
That is the same as me and my 2 lads Im afraid,I would rather save up and go to a decent away game now.

Never thought I would hear myself saying that:nono:

Ay and there's the rub.

Ironic that being in the championship could perhaps result in us getting LOWER average crowds than last year. People would rather go to the Stadium of Light, Portman Road, Elland Road, Upton Park etc. than spendng the same amount of money than they would have done of they went to maybe two or even three home games. Yet, of course, to stay up we probably need more money to come in, not less.

WHICH IS WHY WE NEED FALMER!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Saint Lennard said:
Nothin to do with anything that flies in the air but alot to do with those people who are pissed off with performances now still being dished up the same drivel at Falmer. I haven't got a problem with that. But those people that are using the weather as an excuse now won't have that at Falmer so what will there excuse be then eh? We will not get 15k each game, i think we will be lucky to get 10k. And if, as its been said, prices are going down then we are relying on your sponsors to bail us out. I won't hold my breath then.:lolol:

I always use the example of my Dad whenever this debate crops up.

He had a season ticket on the East terrace for 23 years until the Goldstone closed, went to Gillingham half a dozen times a season but has been to Withdean no more than 10 times since it was built. He would get a season ticket if we had Falmer but doesn't go Withdean for the following reasons;

(1) Parking : In his words 'He hates to be made to feel like a criminal' if he parks in say Surrenden Road.
(2) The thought of sitting in the freezing cold for 90 minutes in the winter does not appeal, especially in an uncovered seat in the South Stand for a 60 year old.
(3) The loss of friends who cannot go casually. On the East terrace there was between 4 and 10 people of his friends that went and did so regularly. The loss of routine and knowing that these people would not be there has stopped him going. Even if they were, the problem of sitting in the correct seat rears up as he would not wish to sit on his own.
(4) The facilities are poor.
(5) No pay on the day or 'seemingly' freely available tickets.

I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who don't go to Withdean because of one, other or all of the reasons above. Given our catchment area, the fact we got near on 30,00 people into Cardiff, attendances would improve at Falmer. I expect they would improve year on year as people are introduced and hooked with the Albion experience.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saint Lennard said:
If everyone had your attitude, then yes, we would be lucky to get 10k at Falmer. But thankfully not everyone shares your Doomsday opinions - rest assured, you ARE in the minority. The fact is that people have voted IN THEIR THOUSANDS to have this stadium. Your quibbling over ticket prices and the current standard of the team are, frankly, laughable in the great scheme of things. You are clearly under the impression that, because a few hundred seats go empty when the likes of Burnley come down, we simply need not bother with Falmer, and should instead be content to just continue playing at the hovel we currently have to call a home ground. Thats up to you.

I and most other reasonable Albion fans believe that once we get a stadium, the only way is UP for this club.

btw - you don't live in Falmer Village do you ? Cos you're doing a pretty decent impression of someone who does.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
How can you hope to fill the Withdean Stadium if you have fans who are prepared to travel hundreds of miles to support another club when Albion are playing at home?

Just a thought......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Come on LB, thats a completely seperate issue, as well you know ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here