Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why every last person on here must make a consious effort .......

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Easy 10 said:
Come on LB, thats a completely seperate issue, as well you know.

The question was intended to be tongue in cheek. However.....

Nothing would be more alien to me than travelling to support another club if Cardiff City had a home game on the same day. It's something I would never do.

Seems to me that some of your lot either have their priorities all wrong or they are football fans first and Brighton fans second.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Deano's Right Foot said:
Ay and there's the rub.

Ironic that being in the championship could perhaps result in us getting LOWER average crowds than last year. People would rather go to the Stadium of Light, Portman Road, Elland Road, Upton Park etc. than spendng the same amount of money than they would have done of they went to maybe two or even three home games. Yet, of course, to stay up we probably need more money to come in, not less.

WHICH IS WHY WE NEED FALMER!

Me and my Lads have been ticket holders since the Gillingham days and we were all just fed up paying thru the nose to watch our team in the cold and wet with no atmosphere.

We Love the Club and we still get the buzz from watching them but alas it is Withdean Stadium that has killed our passion for The Albion and not the team itself:nono:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I wasn't having a pop CSP. I'm in the same boat. 2 years ago me and the lad had a season ticket, now I go once a month and have taken the lad just once this season. Withdean is such a dump.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Deano's Right Foot said:
I wasn't having a pop CSP. I'm in the same boat. 2 years ago me and the lad had a season ticket, now I go once a month and have taken the lad just once this season. Withdean is such a dump.

No I understand where you were coming from,just wanted to clarify why I wasnt a so called true fan as some people like to call themselves on here!

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
D'Angelo Saxon said:
I was at Burnley, but I can see why people stay away though. I was freezing my f***ing nuts off. If I hadn't borrowed a pair of Lush's gloves (my attempt to steal them at the end failed badly) I dread to think what might have happened...

Did she want them back after you had tucked your nuts in them to keep warm? :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Laughing Bluebird said:

Nothing would be more alien to me than travelling to support another club if Cardiff City had a home game on the same day. It's something I would never do.

Seems to me that some of your lot either have their priorities all wrong or they are football fans first and Brighton fans second.
When you have a property developer as a chairman who sells the ground and makes your club homeless, you tend to get a whole new perspective on things.

Brighton fans are no different to any other football fans - we are just as passionate about our club. But Wrexhams situation is so frighteningly similar to what ours was back in 1997, that their struggles have really struck a chord with a lot of Albion fans.

Believe me, I wouldn't wish what happened to Brighton on ANY other club (not even Palace). When we see it happening again, its only natural to want to help, even if it does mean sacrificing a home game for it. Some things are just more important, and its almost repaying a favour, as Wrexham fans were among those present during our very own Fans United day at the Goldstone.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Easy 10 said:
If everyone had your attitude, then yes, we would be lucky to get 10k at Falmer. But thankfully not everyone shares your Doomsday opinions - rest assured, you ARE in the minority. The fact is that people have voted IN THEIR THOUSANDS to have this stadium. Your quibbling over ticket prices and the current standard of the team are, frankly, laughable in the great scheme of things. You are clearly under the impression that, because a few hundred seats go empty when the likes of Burnley come down, we simply need not bother with Falmer, and should instead be content to just continue playing at the hovel we currently have to call a home ground. Thats up to you.

I and most other reasonable Albion fans believe that once we get a stadium, the only way is UP for this club.

btw - you don't live in Falmer Village do you ? Cos you're doing a pretty decent impression of someone who does.

It is laughable that you make the assumption that because people have voted in their thousands that they are all going to turn up at Falmer. It is even more laughable that you think i am quibbling. I am quite happy to pay for my season ticket and watch whatever is dished up in whatever weather. Don't assume that because i doubt that Falmer will be the panacea you seem to think it will be for the quality of our team or our financial position that i am not 100% albion. It's just that you may be over optimistic. I suppose you can't see Falmer ever not paying its way. No way eh? Oh and i am not content with Withdean but am happy for you to think i am a NIMBY cos that typifies your attitude. Anyone who doesn't follow the party line must be that or a Palace fan eh. You muppet.:shootself

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Easy 10 said:
When we see it happening again, its only natural to want to help, even if it does mean sacrificing a home game for it. Some things are just more important, and its almost repaying a favour, as Wrexham fans were among those present during our very own Fans United day at the Goldstone.

I'm fully aware of the history, and I understand the background to the current Brighton / Wrexham love-in, but nevertheless wouldn't it have been a better idea if the Brighton fans who travelled up to Wrexham had sent some cash to the Dragons' fighting fund and given their own team some much-needed support instead?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Easy 10 said:

The reason Withdean is not always selling out is that after 6 years, people are basically sick and tired of paying top whack for SHIT facilities.

And SHITE FOOTBALL after no investment in the team. People pay to be entertained. Just 'cos we are die-hards it does not mean that everyone else is. Dick Knight and the board need to put some investment into the team or things (including their revenues) will get even worse. :nono:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
It would be interesting to see how much the tickets will be Falmer. At present, some of my friends can't afford to come because of the cost of going to Withdean.

Will the ticket prices be the same at Falmer, or increased to cover the cost of the new stadium...also, what is the 'break-even' point of Falmer? 12k or 14k per game....

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I'm fully aware of the history, and I understand the background to the current Brighton / Wrexham love-in, but nevertheless wouldn't it have been a better idea if the Brighton fans who travelled up to Wrexham had sent some cash to the Dragons' fighting fund and given their own team some much-needed support instead?

Christ! I find myself agreeing with TLB on this. Anybody would be forgiven for thinking that our Club had pots of money and did not need every penny they can get. You only have to look at this board. There is more on here about Wrexham than about our match on Saturday.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I was one of many who went to Wrexham. You have no idea what that club is going through, Brighton have had first hand experience.

I'm a football fan and a Brighton fan equally. If you had any idea what the f*** you were talking about mate...

the day cardiff goes through the same (which I sincerly hope it never does) I shall leave a Brighton game and come and support you on a fans united. You have no idea WHAT your talking about and have got me and a bad mood now! :angry:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Biscuit said:
I was one of many who went to Wrexham. You have no idea what that club is going through, Brighton have had first hand experience.

I'm a football fan and a Brighton fan equally. If you had any idea what the f*** you were talking about mate...

the day cardiff goes through the same (which I sincerly hope it never does) I shall leave a Brighton game and come and support you on a fans united. You have no idea WHAT your talking about and have got me and a bad mood now! :angry:

In all fairness Cardiff went through a fair amount of shite in the early 90's and only recently have things been a bit rosier for them.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
3gulls said:
Christ! I find myself agreeing with TLB on this. Anybody would be forgiven for thinking that our Club had pots of money and did not need every penny they can get. You only have to look at this board. There is more on here about Wrexham than about our match on Saturday.

Maybe because Wrexham was a one of show of solidarity?

Not only did we go up to the game, which they were very gratful for, we also SOLD shirts, Shaked buckets and RAISED money for them.

So don't give me this, "You couldnt just sent money, didnt need to go up there" crap.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saint Lennard said:
It is laughable that you make the assumption that because people have voted in their thousands that they are all going to turn up at Falmer.
OBVIOUSLY I'm not saying that we're going to have 66,000 people (or however many it was who voted 'yes' in the referendum) queuing for tickets to Falmer. But based on other clubs playing at this level, and the fact that we found 30,000 people prepared to travel to Cardiff, and the experience of clubs like Reading and Southanpton, its not an unreasonable assumption to expect a significant increase in attendences, is it ?

It is even more laughable that you think i am quibbling. I am quite happy to pay for my season ticket and watch whatever is dished up in whatever weather. Don't assume that because i doubt that Falmer will be the panacea you seem to think it will be for the quality of our team or our financial position that i am not 100% albion. It's just that you may be over optimistic.
And I think you are over pessimistic. From your posts on this thread, you come across as someone who really can't see the point of Falmer, and that if we DO get it, that things will not improve for us anyway. We're both speculating, and we both have our own beliefs on this. I prefer to look on the brighter side, you do not. Fair enough, but neither of us can be proved right or wrong until we get the stadium so we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

I suppose you can't see Falmer ever not paying its way. No way eh? Oh and i am not content with Withdean but am happy for you to think i am a NIMBY cos that typifies your attitude. Anyone who doesn't follow the party line must be that or a Palace fan eh. You muppet.:shootself
I trust the people who are driving this application, and to that end, I trust their business plan. The current board are presiding over the most turbulant and crucial phase of this clubs history, and I think they've done a pretty damn fine job of it so far, so I see no reason to start doubting them now. You call that "toeing the party line", I call it having a bit of faith. Suppose that makes me a muppet then. So be it.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Biscuit said:
I was one of many who went to Wrexham. You have no idea what that club is going through, Brighton have had first hand experience. I'm a football fan and a Brighton fan equally. If you had any idea what the f*** you were talking about mate...

Calm down you silly little boy!

Do you honestly believe that somebody who has followed a league club for 30 years has no idea what it feels like when your team is on the brink?

You may be interested to learn that CCFC has been hours away from closure on two seperate occasions and has been in serious financial trouble on a number of other occasions. Most of us who support clubs that have spent any length of time in the lower divisions will have had similar experiences to those that the Wrexham fans are going through at the moment.

You ought to get your head out of your arse, sonny Jim. You are WAY too full of your own importance.

Tell you what though, if ever CCFC does find itself in similar trouble to Wrexham, please don't bother to turn up at Ninian Park waving a banner. Go and support your own team and send us the money you would have spent travelling to South Wales instead. It'll be better for all concerned.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Calm down you silly little boy!

Do you honestly believe that somebody who has followed a league club for 30 years has no idea what it feels like when your team is on the brink?

You may be interested to learn that CCFC has been hours away from closure on two seperate occasions and has been in serious financial trouble on a number of other occasions. Most of us who support clubs that have spent any length of time in the lower divisions will have had similar experiences to those that the Wrexham fans are going through at the moment.

You ought to get your head out of your arse, sonny Jim. You are WAY too full of your own importance.

Tell you what though, if ever CCFC does find itself in similar trouble to Wrexham, please don't bother to turn up at Ninian Park waving a banner. Go and support your own team and send us the money you would have spent travelling to South Wales instead. It'll be better for all concerned.
LB, thats a surprising and pretty disappointing attitude. Quite how you've managed to put over such a negative, cynical attitude on something so positive is beyond me. Where's the harm in casting aside football rivalries and showing some solidarity with fans of another club in their hour of need ? I think its admirable that fans (not just Brighton) made the effort of travelling to North Wales to make a point against the scumbags who sell football clubs down the river.

You, however, clearly couldn't give a stuff. Your attitude reeks.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Easy 10 said:
LB, thats a surprising and pretty disappointing attitude. Quite how you've managed to put over such a negative, cynical attitude on something so positive is beyond me. Where's the harm in casting aside football rivalries and showing some solidarity with fans of another club in their hour of need ? I think its admirable that fans (not just Brighton) made the effort of travelling to North Wales to make a point against the scumbags who sell football clubs down the river. You, however, clearly couldn't give a stuff. Your attitude reeks.

Not so. I also think it is admirable that that fans from other clubs made the effort to travel to Wrexham on Saturday. A number of Cardiff City fans did so, and their reports of the day on our website made for good reading.

Indeed, I would certainly have travelled up myself had it not been for a family commitment - one of my best mates drove up there and offered me a lift.

However, personally I would never travel to support another club when my own club was playing at home, whatever the circumstances, and I find it amazing that a number of Brighton fans did so - especially as Albion themselves are on the bones of their arse from a financial point of view.

I can understand any Northern-based Seagulls going to the Racecourse instead of the Withdean. That makes perfect sense. But I can't believe that Brighton-based fans chose to support another club who are based hundreds of miles away ahead of their own club, even if it was for one day.

Biscuit says he's a football fan and a Brighton fan equally. Maybe that's where we differ most. I am a Cardiff City fan first and a football fan second. CCFC will ALWAYS come first as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe the main reason that Brighton cannot fill a 6,800 capacity stadium for a Championship game is that you simply don't have enough fans who are 100% commited to the Albion cause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here