Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone want Andy Murray to do so well?

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
this thread is getting soo boring. im going to end my participation in this thread with this "andy murray is not a bad player, said he was a second rate player. Okay fare enough he has been in the top 5 a few years now but he has not and will not ever win a grand slam. He has to overcome 3 much better players. He wont. I don't like him, he has a bad attitude, he's miserable and because he has everyone hanging out out his arse for 2weeks of the year. I'm allowed to share my views, if i have offended anyone then so be it"
laters haters

o rly?

If he plays amazing tennis, then I'll like him. Same with any player - they don't represent their COUNTRY anyway - thay represent themselves and they keep the money they win for themselves!

Does he play tennis for Scotland? Has he EVER played tennis for Scotland?

Fixtures brackers!

But this is the point - don't like him don't watch him then.
Is Djockovich better to watch?
I don't like Roddick, so usually I avoid watching his matches.

None of the above mean anything to me or my country, but some are great to watch. That's all.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Fixtures brackers!

But this is the point - don't like him don't watch him then.
Is Djockovich better to watch?
I don't like Roddick, so usually I avoid watching his matches.

None of the above mean anything to me or my country, but some are great to watch. That's all.

I simply HATE FECKING TENNIS ??????????????????????????????????????????

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Seems strange that the younger generation, in both Scotland and England, are growing more insular.

As for Murray, comes from Dunblane - like Kit Napier - and looks like him.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
He is Scottish why would an Englishman support a Scotsman,ask any sweaty they think exactly the same.

The thing is, you don't live in England, we live in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - (Go on, check your passport... ) which includes England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland..
I am British, and that is why I was on Centre Court yesterday.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
The thing is, you don't live in England, we live in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - (Go on, check your passport... ) which includes England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland..
I am British, and that is why I was on Centre Court yesterday.

Good for you I am English , If Andy Murray was playing Gaddaffi i would want Gaddaffi to win

Who effing CARES where he, or you are from??

It's NOT A NATIONAL SPORT!
I really don't care and sometimes don't even KNOW where the players are from - I just like a good match and that's it.
None of them represent me, or the country. Not HEN and not Andy.

The only vacillating re this sport that I AM guilty of - is when admiring hot female players for their looks and not as much as I can for their tennis. Guilty. :blush:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He is Scottish why would an Englishman support a Scotsman,ask any sweaty they think exactly the same.

He is Scottish why would an Englishman support a Scotsman

Because they are our neighbours.
Because we have a shared heritage.
Because we are all British.
Because they may be excellent at what they do.
Because that Scotsman is Gordon Greer.

ask any sweaty they think exactly the same

Huge Generalisation
Just did... and they don't

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't want Murray to win, if an outsider is gonna win I'd prefer it to be the smiling charismatic Tsonga.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
He is Scottish why would an Englishman support a Scotsman

Because they are our neighbours.
Because we have a shared heritage.
Because we are all British.
Because they may be excellent at what they do.
Because that Scotsman is Gordon Greer.

ask any sweaty they think exactly the same

Huge Generalisation
Just did... and they don't

Well if you`r still down under any sweaty tou meet is not goung to own up to disliking us Poms as he will need all the friends he can get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here