Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone want Andy Murray to do so well?

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
Well if he proves me wrong i will take back all the negative things i have said. Im pretty sure it wont come that. Nadal is just too good

larus

Im sorry but Andy Murray does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breathe as Greats like Federer and Nadal. Find it amazing that there are still people who think he is on level par with these 2.

Andy Murray has an 8-6 record against Federer.
4-11 vs Nadal.
3-6 vs Djokovic.

Bearing in mind some of these defeats were when he was still improving, I don't think that the gulf is as big as you state. IMO, he'll win several slam in his career. I think he's looked in excellent form so far this tournament.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I wouldnt mind Tonga or Murray winning it, think there both good players.

Murray has a good record against fed, and he has pushed Nadal close on many occasions, there is a gap but its no monumental and can easily be overcome if murray is at the top his game.

That Aussie is going to be a tidy player though

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
I wouldnt mind Tonga or Murray winning it, think there both good players.

Murray has a good record against fed, and he has pushed Nadal close on many occasions, there is a gap but its no monumental and can easily be overcome if murray is at the top his game.

That Aussie is going to be a tidy player though

the gap is how they play the big points

rafa won in straight sets last year despite winning only a few more points during the entire match

murray needs to take his chances

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

No

o_rly.jpg

:D

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I've now decided I want Murray to win, just because Terry1 will disagree and re-post about 25 things he's already said (none of which made any sense first time).

COME ON ANDY!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here