Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone want Andy Murray to do so well?

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
So, in your expert opinion, there are only 3 good tennis players in the world then (which must be the case as Murray has been in the top 3-4 for a good couple of years now).

You're a hard person to please. Will everyone else who plays then please just f*** off and leave it to Nadal, Federer and Djokovic.

By your standards then, the English football team is full of a bunch of third rate w***ers who shouldn't be allowed to be on the same pitch as Messi.

Yeh i would go along with that, Our players dont deserve to tie the laces on Messi's boots after our recent performances. Im not claiming i hate him because he's not English. I just dont like him. Bit like Marmite, you either love him or hate him. Well i hate him. Sorry if that really upsets you

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He has gone on record as saying he dosnt hate England ever since the marketing team realised that its financially beneficial for him to have a more sympthetic profile to the english,they realised that 8 million buckfast swilling piss poor oatmeal savages would contribute four fifths of fuckall to the murray coffers.

Of course, it was that. Thank you Bushy. $16m worth of career prizes (thus far) would not be enough to keep him in comfort, clearly.

In fact, I don't recall him throwing himself into the commercial world.

He had to come out and say he did not hate the English to ward off the idiots who were baying for his blood from ONE comment that was just banter and a retort to having the piss taken by an interviewer and Tim Henman.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I dont like HIM, I find him dull, but as tennis player and I know nothing about tennis, he appears very good, but IMHO not good enough to win a major.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hmm English girlfriend lives in Surrey drives an Aston yeah hates everything about England all of the above is more than you can say about Lewis hamilton who ran away from england at the first opportunity

Thought andy played really well after the first set those last two games were brilliant

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He's a phenomenal talent and deserves to be applauded for his winning attitude, guts, determination and genuine ability to compete at the top table of international sport, unlike almost any other British team/individual in mainstream sport today. (Cricket team perhaps aside, however lets wait until they come up against a snarling all singing and dancing team like India on home soil, or South Africa away.)

He's a great model for young sports men and women today and has been proven this evening he is capable of tearing almost any other tennis player a new hole when he needs to.

Screw everyone else Andy, play for yourself and not the nation, but then lets hopefully rejoice in a victory in a couple of weeks.
Yeah i've lost count of the major tournaments he's won:glare:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah i've lost count of the major tournaments he's won:glare:

Since he started on the full circuit (2006), there have only be 4 players that have won one or more of the 22 available grand slams. It's a tough time to win a major with arguably 2 of the greatest players ever to have played the game battling it out at each event.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Since he started on the full circuit (2006), there have only be 4 players that have won one or more of the 22 available grand slams. It's a tough time to win a major with arguably 2 of the greatest players ever to have played the game battling it out at each event.
He will never win a major tournament you mark my words:)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Funny if he hates England so much that he chooses to live in Oxshott, which is the sort of place I would choose if I had to live in Surrey (particularly if I was a sports star wanting almost total privacy). About as far from Scotland as you can get. As for Murray, I'm not really bothered either way. He'll probably make his usual easy way to the Quarter Finals and then lose pathetically to Nadal or Federer. Tennis is not a sport I'm particularly interested in.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You have made yourself look very silly, you clearly know very little about tennis.

Murray has never slated England as a country in any interviews. Yes he is proud to be Scottish and fair play to him, he has every right to be.

As a tennis nation, we have always played as Great Britain in Davis Cup, never as England or Scotland.

It really fucks me off when all these dickheads come out and slag him off every year. If you don't want to support him then fine that's your perogative. Just don't feel the need to bleat out the same old shit every year.

This, ALL of this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I just don't get why some people that dislike him have to refer to him being Scottish. If you don't like him fair enough, but why feel the need to bring up his nationality?

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Im not just writing this to piss on peoples parade, but he is a good second rate player. He is nothing above that. He has not and will not ever win a grand slam, he just dont have the bottle. He may come close down the years but he dont have the balls to go all the way. You got more chance of Fred Perry waking from the dead and winning wimbledon before Andy Murray does

yes a 2nd rate player who has been ranked in the top 5 on the planet the last few years, made 3 slam finals, won numerous masters, and mainly denied by 2 of the greatest players who have ever lived

:fishing:

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
yes a 2nd rate player who has been ranked in the top 5 on the planet the last few years, made 3 slam finals, won numerous masters, and mainly denied by 2 of the greatest players who have ever lived

:fishing:
Yeh your right, 3 slam finals. But thats as far as he will ever go. Unless Nadal and Federer are both injured he has'nt chance..... Ever

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
that may well be the case! they are both better players than him as is djokovic

but a major difference is mental strength which must improve

not being able to beat 2 of the best players ever in order to win a slam doesn't make him 2nd rate

just not quite good enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here