Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do young single mums have kids?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Because it gives them purpose and belonging during their "troubled teenage years" then there are the benefits and place to live and also because they know it is now acceptable in society to do so, there Mum is probably in the same boat and is a Granny at 32 so they think thats their only life, have kids move different jobless bloke in as a lover untill he gets caught out out or moves to his next victim, vicious circle that you are not allowed to comment on because having morals is politicly incorrect

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I would imagine it's usually because they had no idea they would become *single* mums, instead believing they were settling down with a family. As someone else said in a very early response, I'm not going to blame a woman for the fact that the dad left her to raise a kid alone.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If you're going to create a football team you have to start early.

Personally, i imagine each female human has an experience of their own and all sorts of reasons could have caused the pregnancy to be seen through or made in the first place. To class a single mum as unambitious or unintelligent is a fool's theory. I'm approaching 37 and have done little other than meaningless tasks thus far, smoking or drinking the night away when the end of work bell chimes to instill a false sense of activity to what otherwise would ever be a life without tale. For a young woman to bring a much loved little life in to the world, whether the father decides to stay or disappear back under the rock they possibly crawled from or not, is something surely to be generally seen as a blessing rather than a moneygrabbing sin. It sounds more fulfilling than shuffling papers or sneakily writing comments of the world behind managerial backs for a day when they're off sick or not looking, which is sort of what i do.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Because they think that having a baby together will 'cement' their relationship.
Because by investing 5 minutes, they can guarantee an income for the next 16 years.
Because everyone else is doing it.
Because of maternal instinct.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Because they think that having a baby together will 'cement' their relationship.
Because by investing 5 minutes, they can guarantee an income for the next 16 years.
Because everyone else is doing it.
Because of maternal instinct.
Child benefit is paid for up to 19 years as it covers further education after the kid has left school , even the reets can go to college to get a C grade in GCSE English and Maths over a 2 year course.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
because young people make stupid mistakes and have children when they are not in stable loving relationships.

Some males and females also spend a lot of their early adult life sleeping with as many people as they can looking for some sort of love and affection that they don't get from their parents as we have developed into a selfish civilisation that doesn't raise young people how they need to be raised to ensure they become and achieve all that they are capable of achieving.

Also many just settle for sleezy blokes rather than looking for a decent guy who will devote himself to them

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
My grandmother was a single mum. She was knocked up by an American soldier during the war. He pissed off back home and left her to bring up my mum on her own.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was going to post a serious comment then realised I'm technically barred from posting on this thread because I don't read (or have the same mentality) as the Daily Mail.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
1. Laziness. 2. Benefits. 3. Stupidity.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Why do young single mums have kids?

Why shouldn't they? Come on OP tell us.

I have no issues with all the young single mums that can provide for themselves without redress to state handouts.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So the kids can go to Supermarkets and scream their heads while the single mums gather in a group puffing on their fags telling their mates about their latest tattoos or last nights conquest..."Well,I told him...did'nt I....I mean...the ba***rd....I's right aint I.....innit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here