Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do young single mums have kids?

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
i didnt realise there were quite so many Daily Mail readers on this forum.

This absolutely.

"Single Mums" is not a category that you can generalise on for this type of discussion. It incorporates so many people.
Young mums (society has usually let them down in some way - made being a mum an aspiration as the girl does not feel she is intelligent, or worthy enough to do anything else)
Widowed single mums - yes this would be included in the "single mums" category.
Mums whose relationships have broken down. Despite a previous posters assumptions, these are not always young, nor uneducated. People can be in a seemingly good relationship for years and then it breaks down for a number of reasons, leaving the mum "a single mum". Not what she would have hoped or planned for herself or her family.

It may be worthwhile asking why there are so many uneducated people in society - as this post has confirmed my views that this be the case.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Living in mainland Europe, its one of the things I notice...first noticed in Holland but since then, Belgium, Germany and here, the same......you just dont see that many young girls pushing prams like you do in UK..

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Living in mainland Europe, its one of the things I notice...first noticed in Holland but since then, Belgium, Germany and here, the same......you just dont see that many young girls pushing prams like you do in UK..

Maybe because the benefits over here are very generous? ???

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
An equally valid question might be 'Why do couples have abortions when there is no medical reason for doing so?'

And just like that questions... there is no simple answer. Who am I to judge unless I am in their shoes?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Maybe because the benefits over here are very generous? ???

Dave hasnt been to Poland though...... surely holds the record for most teenage girls with buggies and prams...... and the highest teenage marriage rate?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Having had a baby at 17 (did not miss a home game!) I went on to fail miserably in my quest for a council house - went to university (with child) twice to do BA hons and MSc and now run my own business. Not sure that the above isn't a little simplistic!

It's totally simplistic I agree. But my study was on a nationwide scale, I was trying to find out what aspects make your average teenage mother get pregnant in the first place. Everyone has their own reason, but it's surprising just how many of those reasons are the same in a given area.

There will always be exceptions to the rules and I guess saying it's extremely sad is a bit off. I don't think it's sad at all if you choose to have a child. It's your decision completely. What I think is sad is that something which should be completely down to a free thinking person's individual choice seems to be more a result of where that person lives than anything else.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
As Tony Parsons says all single parents deserve our respect, whatever they're lke and wherever they come from because ultimately they're the one that stayed.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im not sure its to do with benefits...Dutch benefits are outstanding... Think its more to do with attitude..some of the girls you see in uk dont appear to be people who would have held well paid employment positions anyway, not a lot of need for somebody who can scream...Wayne, f***ing come 'ere... so even if it was low benefits, they would be on them.

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

That's actually a fact. We have the highest teenage pregnancy rates in europe.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The mans penis becomes engorged with blood and is inserted inti the female vagina. Eventually sperm is ejaculated and spermatozoa enter the Fallopian tubes via the cervix. The spermatozoa reach the. Female ovum and one will breach the outer layer which means the egg is fertilised and a process of cell division begins. After a gestation of 9 months a child is born.

It is then called Chardonnay or Dwayne and are doomed to a life of alcoholism and casual violence.

The young man who began the process runs around the parish making similar donations to other impressionable young women until his liver packs up or he gets stabbed in the bogs at KFC.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sex education is no good in UK either. Let's be honest. Of the birds you have casually slept with, How many have been more than happy to take it bare back without the mention of protection ever coming up .

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Because irresponsible dads plant their seed and then buzz off ...

Stupid response...

So these single mums are too stupid to tell the guy to put a hat on it??

Why risk the chance of getting preggers if financially you cant, you aren't ion a loving relationship, you don't think the guy will stick around, it's a one night stand...

kano

Jun 17, 2011
The pill/implant/whatever is free on the nhs. Taking that into account I would say ignorance is the main reason, and by extension bad parenting.

Too ignorant to realize that education is important and can improve your lot in life.
Too ignorant to realize that if someone spaffs up you, your likely to get preggers, even if its just a couple of times.
Too ignorant to realize that a council flat and state handouts is a shit and depressing way to live.
Too ignorant to realize that a young lad of 16-21 is unlikely to just settle down if you trap him.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
There does also be a huge lack of working ethic... I have noticed that over the last 10 years the number of young English girls has dramatically declined. In my office now we have 5 girls... 2 polish, 1 ukrainien, and 2 english ladies in their 50's... The only recent sackings here have been young English mums who were always off sick and just generally couldnt be arsed to work..

Now this maybe a sweeping generalisation however a lot of young girls want to get preggers and get benefits, marry a footballer, be on the only way is essex.... It really is tradgic.

A reduction in benfits for parents must be reduced to curb this Jeremy Kyle generation. We are just tempting young people away from work...

It's my view...

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Without wishing to offend any NSC'ers who are either single mums or products of a broken home but this whole issue is indicative of where our society is going.
We are in danger of becoming a scumbag nation, dependent of benefits where the children in the home unit have no role models or example set to them, ie they dont work because 'Dad or Uncle 'Whoever' don't but every two weeks the social give us money'
My daughter is coming up 20 from her year at a Worthing school, so without being rude thats not really an inner city of deprived area, 10 children have been produced from girls in her year, 4 of the the girls all under 20 have 2 kids each, replicate that around the country and in other school years and you can see potentially how much shit we are in.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Without wishing to offend any NSC'ers who are either single mums or products of a broken home but this whole issue is indicative of where our society is going.
We are in danger of becoming a scumbag nation, dependent of benefits where the children in the home unit have no role models or example set to them, ie they dont work because 'Dad or Uncle 'Whoever' don't but every two weeks the social give us money'
My daughter is coming up 20 from her year at a Worthing school, so without being rude thats not really an inner city of deprived area, 10 children have been produced from girls in her year, 4 of the the girls all under 20 have 2 kids each, replicate that around the country and in other school years and you can see potentially how much shit we are in.

I,ve always wanted to take away the benefits of the lazy work shy and let them starve if that is what it takes but it is so difficult with the unmarried mothers. You would only penalise the kids.

Maybe sterilisation then ?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I,ve always wanted to take away the benefits of the lazy work shy and let them starve if that is what it takes but it is so difficult with the unmarried mothers. You would only penalise the kids.

Maybe sterilisation then ?

Years ago I worked with a old bloke, he was 59, who said you should sterilise all girls at 14, that could be reversed when they could prove they were in a position to prove they were competent and equipped enough to have a baby, ie in a stable and loving relationship, a certain level of finance etc. We all thought he was a nazi but but did he actually have the right idea?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Years ago I worked with a old bloke, he was 59, who said you should sterilise all girls at 14, that could be reversed when they could prove they were in a position to prove they were competent and equipped enough to have a baby, ie in a stable and loving relationship, a certain level of finance etc. We all thought he was a nazi but but did he actually have the right idea?

No. I think you were right the first time.

It's lazy thinking to impose some sort of societal purging to control the untermench when the answer is to look long and hard at the way we segregate the working class (who are not working any more) and leave them in their ghettos to rut with each other and die young of drink,drugs or violence.

We could try and close the gap in income share our wealth more fairly, push their kids in education support the mothers who are left to try and sort out their chaotic lives put their young men to work on infrastructure for the nations future...These people do not know or care that they are citizens because there is nothing about this country that includes them. We now have a bunch of public schoolboys and bullington club members in charge who fear and despise the underclass. People on benefits are portrayed as sponges and idlers...which a lot undoubtably are...but WHY do we have them? That's the question that politicians will never address.

The riots last summer are a case in point. Look at the people involved. No idea of social integration, black kids, white kids..grown men and women..none of em give a shit because no one gives a shit about them. Look at the sentences they have been handing out. 4 years for smashing a window, 5 years for throwing a bottle at a cop...that's evidence of the loathing and fear of the establishment.

We are screwed unless we bring these people in and it will take years and years to achieve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here