Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do young single mums have kids?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Sorry but do you have some statistics you can provide to quantify whatever point it is you're making?

ffs that what the whole thread is about... ok there aren't any single mums around.. where the bloke has done a runner...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Comparative pregnancy rateThe United Kingdom currently has the highest teenage birth rate in Western Europe. The current Government have pledged to halve the number of conceptions to girls under 18 by 2010. Over the last fifty years the proportion of teenagers and in particular those under the age of 16 who have experienced sexual intercourse has increased dramatically. The 2001 survey of sexual attitudes and lifestyles revealed that over 90% of teenagers had experience of sexual intercourse and around a quarter had before the age of 16.[citation needed] Though with the increase in the proportion having intercourse, there has also been an increase in the knowledge and use of contraception, through sex education and the upsurge in family planning clinics.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not that I think you need statistics to realise that this is occurring in the UK. You just have to look around you really.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Not that I think you need statistics to realise that this is occurring in the UK. You just have to look around you really.

Thank you someone with common sense....

Sorry but do you have some statistics you can provide to quantify whatever point it is you're making?

Where do you live that you need the statistics to prove this?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Thank you someone with common sense....

Where do you live that you need the statistics to prove this?

If you look at these two papers, it is occuring in many countries.

http://www.econ.upf.edu/~gonzalez/Research_archivos/November_2008.pdf

http://ftp.iza.org/dp1677.pdf

I like things like FACTS.

If anyone has any data on the age variance on when parents are classified as "single mums", I'd be very interested in that and whether or not it supports the premise that many appear to think.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Years ago I worked with a old bloke, he was 59, who said you should sterilise all girls at 14, that could be reversed when they could prove they were in a position to prove they were competent and equipped enough to have a baby, ie in a stable and loving relationship, a certain level of finance etc. We all thought he was a nazi but but did he actually have the right idea?

No Ian you mad fool, he WAS a Nazi.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This must have occurred to someone already, but just in case.

Why do young single mums have kids?

Because if they didn't have kids, they wouldn't be mums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here