Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do young single mums have kids?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was trying to find out what aspects make your average teenage mother get pregnant in the first place.

I think it's because they've had sexual intercourse with a male, and an egg gets fertilised by a sperm. Hope that helps.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stupid response...

So these single mums are too stupid to tell the guy to put a hat on it??

Why risk the chance of getting preggers if financially you cant, you aren't ion a loving relationship, you don't think the guy will stick around, it's a one night stand...

An equally stupid response. The blokes are every bit as responsible, are they too stupid to put the aforementioned hat on it? Why risk the chance of getting the female pregnant...etc.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
An equally stupid response. The blokes are every bit as responsible, are they too stupid to put the aforementioned hat on it? Why risk the chance of getting the female pregnant...etc.

Stupid reply... why would a 17 yr old guy give a shit if she gets pregnant when he can just f off...

I can't help but feel it is down to the girl to wrap up. I know that this probably isn't right however she will be the mug looking after it for the rest of her life.. the guy can f off

Most teenage guys will not be sticking around to be a model partner and wife... Life isn't romeo and julliet

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stupid reply... why would a 17 yr old guy give a shit if she gets pregnant when he can just f off...

I can't help but feel it is down to the girl to wrap up. I know that this probably isn't right however she will be the mug looking after it for the rest of her life.. the guy can f off

Most teenage guys will not be sticking around to be a model partner and wife... Life isn't romeo and julliet

Why shouldn't the girl just f*** off, as you so eloquently put it? She's only got to carry it for nine months, after that, she can leave it on his doorstep if she wants. It may have escaped your notice, but both parents are legally responsible. Even if she does look after it, she can still come after him for money for the rest of his life.

It doesn't matter if he does a runner, he's still a single father and deserves every bit as much stick- or not- as the mother does. It's irresponsible to pretend otherwise.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Some of the comments on here about being 'sluts, chavs' etc are stupid.

Sometimes It is something that happens, not planned. Alot of girls don't want to get rid of their child and decide to keep it, that's their choice. This thread has been made for one reason and one reason only, to have a pop and snipe on people, mainly women who are single parents. NSC does talk bollocks sometimes and this is one of those.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Why shouldn't the girl just f*** off, as you so eloquently put it? She's only got to carry it for nine months, after that, she can leave it on his doorstep if she wants. It may have escaped your notice, but both parents are legally responsible. Even if she does look after it, she can still come after him for money for the rest of his life.

It doesn't matter if he does a runner, he's still a single father and deserves every bit as much stick- or not- as the mother does. It's irresponsible to pretend otherwise.

I think it is generally harder for the mother to run as they have the marternal instinct. I do not need to argue with you it's fact. That is why there is so many single mums. A teenage boy will walk simple as...

"Even if she does look after it, she can still come after him for money for the rest of his life."

HAHA and how many teenage guys are going to have jobs. They are likely to be living on the social. What can the law possible do then Edna with a skint, unemployed, no future, little scrote and that is running from the consequences of his actions? (which is the criterial for creating the single mums)

It is defo in more favour for the girl to lead the way with protection... I guy will only be thinking of wanting sex a girl should have more respect and be wiser in the situation.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it is generally harder for the mother to run as they have the marternal instinct. I do not need to argue with you it's fact. That is why there is so many single mums. A teenage boy will walk simple as...

"Even if she does look after it, she can still come after him for money for the rest of his life."

HAHA and how many teenage guys are going to have jobs. They are likely to be living on the social. What can the law possible do then Edna with a skint, unemployed, no future, little scrote and that is running from the consequences of his actions? (which is the criterial for creating the single mums)

It is defo in more favour for the girl to lead the way with protection... I guy will only be thinking of wanting sex a girl should have more respect and be wiser in the situation.

I think you're doing a massive number of males a disservice there, and to be honest your post says more about you than it does about them.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Knew this would get a few comments like this. Came out wrong. A girl however should think of the consequences and repercussions more. After all in the exact moment at least all their blood is circulating in their properly :)

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I think you're doing a massive number of males a disservice there, and to be honest your post says more about you than it does about them.

No it doesn't at all. So don't generalise. I see it a lot around me... I however am a hard working, loyal (never cheated) guy who has been with the same girl for 10 years. Im 31 and no kids (because i cant afford any yet)

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Knew this would get a few comments like this. Came out wrong. A girl however should think of the consequences and repercussions more. After all in the exact moment at least all their blood is circulating in their properly :)

I'd have to disagree, men are just as much in control of themselves as women are and they need to take repsonsibility for their actions just as much.

Anyway regardless of pregnancy, the guy has his own sexual health to look after.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I'd have to disagree, men are just as much in control of themselves as women are and they need to take repsonsibility for their actions just as much.

Anyway regardless of pregnancy, the guy has his own sexual health to look after.

I AGREE.. however guys somehow just seem more immature. Girls develope quicker and should maybe think more of the repurcussions especially as they will be left holding the baby...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
OK, I won't generalise, I promise :thumbsup:

oh come on... that not so much of a generalisation... thats what the topic is about... teenage gusy not hanging about... :)

Anyway i don't like being to serious on here so for that reason im out :)

Love and Kisses xxx

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
well im a single dad with two young boys, there mum finished with me and got with someone who was not safe to be around kids(drug user), she had a choice her kids or her new bloke... she chose the latter, i had my own company and had worked hard all my working life, then had my own choice give up my job or my kids!
i now live on a week less than i was earning in a day, does that make me a 'chav' whos milking the system? the views of some on here are soo blinkered its unreal.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
well im a single dad with two young boys, there mum finished with me and got with someone who was not safe to be around kids(drug user), she had a choice her kids or her new bloke... she chose the latter, i had my own company and had worked hard all my working life, then had my own choice give up my job or my kids!
i now live on a week less than i was earning in a day, does that make me a 'chav' whos milking the system? the views of some on here are soo blinkered its unreal.

You my friend are not a target. I feel for you and wish you all the luck. However the majority of single parents not all single parents...

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
This thread has certainly given me some insight who to unfollow on Twitter - some terrible views on here - let's pick on and hate (and generalise) about the undeserving poor!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
You my friend are not a target. I feel for you and wish you all the luck. However the majority of single parents not all single parents...

Sorry but do you have some statistics you can provide to quantify whatever point it is you're making?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here