Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why am I still not excited about England?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s because everyone down on England . That’s the fashionable thing to do and most been peddling the anti England / Southgate etc campaign for weeks . Heads get routed in this constant negative thinking .

Much like a negative person it takes work and time .

Shame as what a ride this is .

Maybe a life lesson for negative thinking in future

It’s just empty vessels and all that. Just a noisy minority.

In the real world, everyone I know including folk with little interest in the EPL are really getting into this tournament and especially England.

After 16 months of gloom, a palpable optimism and enjoying these times. Such is the human spirit.

Perennial moaners/cynics are the exception that proves the rule.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I more excited than I would normally be, but still not at the level of seeing Brighton play a pre-season friendly. I think it’s a case of being so invested in my club, that my country comes a very distant second!

Friendly games are dull though, you’re definitely a better Albion fan than me if you get excited by friendly matches.

Edit
I went to Spain to watch an Albion friendly, it was shite. :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Luckily NSC is not a reflection on real life for this and most people / every football fan I know is loving the ride as per every tournament. Makes a summer does a euros or WC. Wish there was some sort of professional help for those that aren’t enjoying it - maybe there is - worth a try?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a load of utter bollocks, if you go back before the Germany game England had no chance according to the experts on here, now after a super England win Germany aren’t a top side and we are yet to face a top side :facepalm: Funnily enough Ukraine were a good side until we schooled them Ukraine were obviously tired from a couple of short flights around Europe though :lolol:

The same pattern is now repeating with Denmark, if we beat Denmark then it will repeat with Italy or Spain. The favourites Belgium, France, Portugal haven’t played to anywhere near the levels of England this tournament and that is a fact like it or not.

I’m trying to guess what they’ll co e out with if we did win it? Easy route? Euros not the WC? :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't mean this in a patronising way, but I genuinely feel sorry for those people who are more excited by the prospect of an Albion friendly than what's happening with our national team right now. If this apathy from so many on here is the effect of being a bottom-half Premier League team striving for 40 points each year, then I must say that I feel disconnected from many Albion fans at this point in time.

It’s attention seeking - can’t believe it’s true. Trying to be super albion fans when really they are 2 separate things and there’s no need whatsoever for comparison. Im a huge BHA fan, but even I can’t get up for most friendlies - more an excuse to watch new signings aren’t they!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tournament has been miles better than I thought it would be…and looking forward to being camped in front of the tv for England’s match…and the other semi for that matter

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That’s one reason I never go to them.

I can always wait until the first league game, no problem at all.

I’ve been to a fair few, did them all about 4 years ago even the away games, can’t say they excited me at all, I decided I have a better time going to non league games.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Luckily NSC is not a reflection on real life for this and most people / every football fan I know is loving the ride as per every tournament. Makes a summer does a euros or WC. Wish there was some sort of professional help for those that aren’t enjoying it - maybe there is - worth a try?

I’m sure all Albion/football fans who don’t muster that much enthusiasm for the national team, for whatever reason that might be, totally understand how fantastic it is for the fans who really love it.

Not sure why it’s so important for you to judge comment on those that feel differently, nor why it affects your life in any way? Live and let live, maybe :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It’s exactly the same with the Albion.

You’ll see NSC’ers spilt down the middle in condemning Stephens, or Solly (before this season), as shite or quality, some Albion ‘supporters’ here seem to almost hate some players.

Then you go to Amex games and thousands stand to applaud those very same players as heroes when they acknowledge the crowd in the pre-match warm up or jog down the touch line as an unused sub.

NSC/social media is a magnet to moaners who bizarrely want Potter, or Solly, or England to fail.

Their posts giving a false impression that they’re significant in number.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s because everyone down on England . That’s the fashionable thing to do and most been peddling the anti England / Southgate etc campaign for weeks . Heads get routed in this constant negative thinking .

Much like a negative person it takes work and time .

Shame as what a ride this is .

Maybe a life lesson for negative thinking in future

It’s just empty vessels and all that. Just a noisy minority.

In the real world, everyone I know including folk with little interest in the EPL are really getting into this tournament and especially England.

After 16 months of gloom, a palpable optimism and enjoying these times. Such is the human spirit.

Perennial moaners/cynics are the exception that proves the rule.

Should’ve read your posts. Exactly this - everyone seems to be loving it in real life away from the internet. Strange people!

Yet another thread of our fans liking to distant themselves from their own countries team and trying to be different. Some things never change. Dunno how anyone can not be excited. First semi final in Europe in 25 years and a team which I believe can go the whole way with a smart and very talented set of players plus a manager who knows his team very well and yet there's moaning on here...pathetic.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Have never said am not enjoying Euros but like a lot on here have said are far more involved when watching Albion games.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Half-empty stadiums, weird format, the five subs rule ruining the second half of a lot of games... decent football though. I can see both why someone cant feel the hype as well as the opposite.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m sure all Albion/football fans who don’t muster that much enthusiasm for the national team, for whatever reason that might be, totally understand how fantastic it is for the fans who really love it.

Not sure why it’s so important for you to judge comment on those that feel differently, nor why it affects your life in any way? Live and let live, maybe :)

It’s really not important. So flip the question round and ask why it’s so important or MORE so important as these threads are always started by negative posters? I’m joining in the discussion. I didn’t start it or give the energy to start yet another negative thread. So I appreciate your point, but it’s not me you should be quoting. I’m not arrogant at all, but in NSC I’m actually very often right tbh - and part of that is pointing out hypocrites and ott posts - Potter and BHA etc - if I could be bothered to find old posts etc and show how not jumping into opinions makes your posts much more likely to be correct in hindsight, I would :lol:

Is anyone else feeling the same? I'm suspecting it's because of too many years of being let down. Even the win over Germany hasn't reignited the fire. We eased out of the group with 7 points, beat arguably our arch rivals and (expectedly) thrashed Ukraine and haven't even yet conceded.

I'm not that fussed about what happens Wednesday. If we win, great. If we lose, no biggie.

Because you're a boring c**t.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yet another thread of our fans liking to distant themselves from their own countries team and trying to be different. Some things never change. Dunno how anyone can not be excited. First semi final in Europe in 25 years and a team which I believe can go the whole way with a smart and very talented set of players plus a manager who knows his team very well and yet there's moaning on here...pathetic.

Sad thing is, these vocal minority negative people will probably be smuggly rushing to the Internet to ‘gloat’ when / if we lose. It’s just not right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here