Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why am I still not excited about England?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't mean this in a patronising way, but I genuinely feel sorry for those people who are more excited by the prospect of an Albion friendly than what's happening with our national team right now. If this apathy from so many on here is the effect of being a bottom-half Premier League team striving for 40 points each year, then I must say that I feel disconnected from many Albion fans at this point in time.

I asked this before but never really got an answer: why would you feel sorry for us Brighton fans who don't get excited about England? If we wanted to enjoy/watch, then we would. But we don't :shrug:

I have a connection to Brighton, by watching them live, following their progress and investing – emotionally and financially – in the journey. I watched 25 minutes of the U23s against Worthing the other day and got more out of it than any England football match in 25 years.

My opinion isn't an effect of where the club is currently – the last tournament I really got into watching England was Euro '96.

FWIW (and, likewise, not in a patronising way), I feel sorry for the England fans today because they wanted to see the team win and the disappointment was clear, especially on penalties – what a gash way to decide a tournament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here