Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why am I still not excited about England?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I cycled from Brighton to Bramber today with 2 mates. We went through a narrow train bridge at one point and a car sped up and hooted behind us, he then stopped the car and started threatening to kick our heads in. My first thought was, I bet his wife and kid (also in the car) will get a beating if England don't win tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
This thread won't go away! Haven't read the whole thing and I've probably missed the point. Did the thread get political? Looks like people are arguing....

Anyway, the title of the thread strikes a chord with me because I've detached myself emotionally from England for over a decade now.

Just too much heartbreak over my lifetime, as per the lyrics of 'Football's Coming Home'. I really just sort of gave up expecting or even hoping.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this tournament. But it's cautious optimism, less with the heart and more with the head. A bit like dating in your 40s. :lolol:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Distraught really?

What about the bad old days when we lost most weekends

I wasn't distraught,because I knew I'd be back the following Saturday and we might just win

If Brighton are ever in a final again,I'd be ecstatic

Just as I am for England

But we're not in the 3rd division now, we are in the Premier League and every point is vital. An England result isn't is it?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I cycled from Brighton to Bramber today with 2 mates. We went through a narrow train bridge at one point and a car sped up and hooted behind us, he then stopped the car and started threatening to kick our heads in. My first thought was, I bet his wife and kid (also in the car) will get a beating if England don't win tomorrow.

Did you get his number plate?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I guess wishing death on complete strangers on an internet forum, just because of their preferred mode of transport, isn't quite so funny anymore.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
With the whole nation singing their official England track in unison it's no wonder that even the Gammonati have finally accepted this fine representation of modern Britain.

I don’t disagree, I think they are doing a great job at reducing the toxicity attached to the words N**** and N*****. I am guessing the thinking is that if they use it enough (which let me tell you those boys do), then it’s current outdated profile of being offensive is will be diminished. I will take my hat off to these boys, they even got N**** in the England team anthem..........they are certainly a clever pair of ******* that’s for sure.

Just scouted a young boy from O
To bring stones back and forth like a set piece tactic
N****s get left back if they ain't sure

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/kreptkonan/oleweareengland.html

MBEs must be in the post, and a performance on SPOTY later this year assured.

I can see it now, K&K shouting “ what’s up my N****s” to the enraptured audience with soaking wet Gary bouncing up and down on his Louboutin hi-tops with an oversize alarm clock around his gregory and big Clare sampling a bit of the other side by noshing down on what appears to be a stick of liquorice the size of a travel umbrella.

Last edited:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
This is what I said in context, not out of context as Mr. Fergus has pointed out.

"It's this f*cking country itself. It's the utter shambles and bare faced hypocrisy and corruption of the people in charge of this country that has made me despise it and therefore feel very little patriotism towards my national team."

Which is partly still true. But I guess I have to ignore all that and as I have also said there are many things, more things that I do like about this country.

This is a disappointing turn of events........there is nothing taken out of context with that statement, the sentiment is very clear. I had commended your honesty in that respect, and for a while it appeared you had the balls to brass it out. 0/10 for emotional and ideological resilience.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t disagree, I think they are doing a great job at reducing the toxicity attached to the words N**** and N*****. I am guessing the thinking is that if they use it enough (which let me tell you those boys do), then it’s current outdated profile of being offensive is will be diminished. I will take my hat off to these boys, they even got N**** in the England team anthem..........they are certainly a clever pair of ******* that’s for sure.

I can see it now, K&K shouting “ what’s up my N****s” to the enraptured audience with soaking wet Gary bouncing up and down on his Louboutin hi-tops with an oversize alarm clock around his gregory and big Clare sampling a bit of the other side by noshing down on what appears to be a stick of liquorice the size of a travel umbrella.

Last edited by cunning fergus; Today at 09:15. Reason: Forgot to delete N******

The things you'll do to try and get attention you little scamp :lolol:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
In fact, you seem such a fan now you should probably go to a gig after lockdown. You could join in with all the words, finally allowing you to say "that one" out loud, and in the quiet bits you could tell the audience your Marcus Rashford theory.

Well now, it looks like Rashford knows K&K extremely well already, so hopefully he will be at the gig with me singing along with their lyrics........

https://www.instagram.com/p/BexlVTLgtWk/?hl=en

I think I would wait awhile till we dropped another couple n***** in sync with the lyrics and then ask him was he really that upset about the emojis.

I reckon he would laugh out loud, flash his 100k watch, dangle his 250k car keys, nod over to the gaggle of bitches on their haunches waiting to have his kids piped into their mouths and say.........”don't be stupid *******, y’all know that some of the honkeys are only happy in a damp mattress”.

We’d have a right good laugh about it, then high five, do something Masonic-like with our hands and go on our ways.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Well now, it looks like Rashford knows K&K extremely well already, so hopefully he will be at the gig with me singing along with their lyrics........

I think I would wait awhile till we dropped another couple n***** in sync with the lyrics and then ask him was he really that upset about the emojis.

I reckon he would laugh out loud, flash his 100k watch, dangle his 250k car keys, nod over to the gaggle of bitches on their haunches waiting to have his kids piped into their mouths and say.........”don't be stupid *******, y’all know that some of the honkeys are only happy in a damp mattress”.

We’d have a right good laugh about it, then high five, do something Masonic-like with our hands and go on our ways.

You really are an odious person.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

A mixture of casual racism and complete idiocy that means you can have the final and its aftermath away from NSC. Maybe use the time to clean your own mattress?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Fortunately I don't understand a word of that.

Has someone been sniffing too much talcum powder again?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Give it a rest Rob.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A mixture of casual racism and complete idiocy that means you can have the final and its aftermath away from NSC. Maybe use the time to clean your own mattress?

Out of interest, is there some sort of guidance on NSC as to how many times the same poster would get banned for the same offence before that ban becomes permanent, or does it differ per poster/subject ?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Italy were the better team but Southgate's team selection never gave us a chance to win it in 90 minutes. He obviously has an issue with Grealish. Looks a bit of a fool with the two late subs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am a little disappointed….. No more than that. Old age ffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here