Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The Queen, with work.
I've met quite a few down the years, my favourite was Martine McCutcheon, who had a few beers with us down the mess when I was on HMS Invincible, she's really nice.
Not so famous but a real privilege; the late Sir John Young, owner of Youngs brewery. He invited us to his brewery when it was still in Wandsworth, great day. He was a Spitfire pilot in the Battle of Britain, started at the age of 18. Told some amazing stories....& made great beer!

Yes it was sad when they decided to close the Ram Brewery..not sure what's happened now with the plans to redevelope it.

Dandyman

In London village.
Mendoza

and some workshy African.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've never had the pleasure of meeting any significantly famous British people. i have met and hung out with the members of No Brain, a korean pop punk band that were pretty big in korea a few years back.

I also met one of the memebrs of a korean hip hop band called 1 TYM. They were number one at the time.

Do they count?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
An hour in a bar, just me and Elizabeth Taylor
Flight home from 94 World Cup alongside Mick McCarthy and Ray Parlour. Cracking trip home and quite a laugh
Bob Monkhouse, Charlie Williams, Frank Carson, Harry Worth (Just the best guy ever)
Bowie
football wise and chatting rather than autograph hunting, David Pleat (tosser) Glenn Hoddle and Les Ferdinand both top guys,
Spent day with Ian Wright and Lofty from East Enders. David dein was a good bloke too

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Chris Ellison
Eddie Tudorpole (Tenpole Tudor)
Glen Matlock (pistols)
Steve Diggle (Buzzcocks)
Rik Mayall
Peter & Del (PTTB) :)
Poly Styrene
Animal (Anti nowhere League)
Charlie Harper
Ray Burns (Captain Sensible)

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
With you Timco

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the 2nd, Ascot Racecourse, Diamond Day, July 1993.

Shook hands with her and got massive grief for it....but it was worth it!

(And Phil the greek was standing next to her)

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Another week drawing to a close. In a week where I met one of the most famous politicians in my life:
Tony Benn.
I have also met Nick Clegg, and sporting wise, Lester Piggott.

How about the good people of NSC?

The two most famous in order were Robbie Williams when he first went solo, one of his first gigs was at The Event in West Street. Only about 1000 people in their, awesome gig and got to meet him backstage through a contact.

The second was Tony Blair whilst on my way to the County Ground, the day that we won the championship for the first time against Leicestershire. It was the Sunday of the start of the labour conference and whilst on the way to the ground with my young lad and his cousin saw vast amounts of security and people outside the church at the corner of Eaton Road and The drive. When we asked what all the fuss was over we were told that he was about to leave the church. So we waited outside and when he emerged, I don't know why I did it but I shouted over to him if he could sign my sons cricket bat. At that he waved us to come over to him, security guards letting us through the safety barriers and he duly shook hands with the two lads and signed the bat. Only problem was I was holding the bat when he signed it with the two lads beside me. Plenty of press there photographing and interviewing afterwards. Next day my photo's plastered on most of the major papers front pages but with the kids being so small they were omitted from the picture. Got some grief for that I tell you.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Mine aren’t great –
Sean Lennon
Mark Ronson
Preston from the Ordinary Boys
Someone from Blazin squad
Bodger (from Bodger and Badger) – This is my favourite, he always used to come to my old work really drunk and one day he drew me a picture of Badger with a speech bubble saying “*my name* loves mashed potato”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here