Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Will Carling (Quadrant - Brighton)
Bruce Forsyth & Anthea Redfern
Esther Rantzen
Tommy Farr
Henry Kelly
Adam Chance
Chris Ellison

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
shane warne
ricky ponting
chris tarrant
ze roberto
peter andre :love:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The most surreal would be Peggy Sue of the Buddy Holly song of the same name,

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i've had a beer with steve davis (off of snooker) - he was a great bloke. and i've met most premier league players/managers after working at aston villa for a year while at uni a couple of years ago but for me the one that left me a bit star struck was meeting Zico. he was CSKA moscow manager at the time at Villa Park for an europa league tie.

i met steve davis and imelda marcos in the same day which would take some doing on paper.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The Queen for me also, although this wasn't really a conversation more me stood with a cushion with a pen on it, and offering it at approriate moment
Margaret Thatcher, did have 20 sec conversation around about job I was doing and then a 5 minute chat with Heseltine, who did seem a top bloke!!
Sven Goran Errikson in Director's Lounge at THFC the day they played Man City and it was Stuart Pearce's first game in charge, had a brief conversation with both although I don't really think Sven was up for a chat, had SWP with him who said FA during the whole half time I was with them (and got well pee-d off when some little lad wwanted a photo with him, probably due to them being the same height)! (Had lunch with Mullers at same match)
Went on a cruise with a group of about 40 people, I didn't know many of them but one bloke was from 10cc, top bloke!
Also met Richard Carpenter at THFC once, really interesting guy.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I've had Willie Carson, Pat Edery, Frankie Dettori and Lester Piggott in my cab countless times.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The Queen, with work.
I've met quite a few down the years, my favourite was Martine McCutcheon, who had a few beers with us down the mess when I was on HMS Invincible, she's really nice.
Not so famous but a real privilege; the late Sir John Young, owner of Youngs brewery. He invited us to his brewery when it was still in Wandsworth, great day. He was a Spitfire pilot in the Battle of Britain, started at the age of 18. Told some amazing stories....& made great beer!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Because of certain reasons i have been fortunate to meet many famous people in the past (Sean Connery etc) but possibly the best / nicest / definatly the funniest!! person we met was at a wedding in Bristol, she was related to the brides family (Auntie i think) it was Pauline Quirke (Birds of a feather fame) she was not even in showbiz mode as it was a very private wedding, but I dont think we have laughed so much in all our lives, she is one of those naturally funny and genuine people who has not let fame or money change her.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Because of certain reasons i have been fortunate to meet many famous people in the past (Sean Connery etc) but possibly the best / nicest / definatly the funniest!! person we met was at a wedding in Bristol, she was related to the brides family (Auntie i think) it was Pauline Quirke (Birds of a feather fame) she was not even in showbiz mode as it was a very private wedding, but I dont think we have laughed so much in all our lives, she is one of those naturally funny and genuine people who has not let fame or money change her.

I sat right behind her once at the theatre in the West End, with her other half (I mean Linda Robson, not her hubby) - they talked throughout. She may be funny, but it was bloody annoying.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
..and I did get pissed on a flight to Japan with the Arctic Monkeys last year.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I sat right behind her once at the theatre in the West End, with her other half (I mean Linda Robson, not her hubby) - they talked throughout. She may be funny, but it was bloody annoying.

She didnt stop talking at this wedding but it was funny.......bit ignorant to keep chatting in a theatre though, well especially as she wasnt even on the stage!!:angry:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Another week drawing to a close. In a week where I met one of the most famous politicians in my life:
Tony Benn.
I have also met Nick Clegg, and sporting wise, Lester Piggott.

How about the good people of NSC?

Not sure if I've met you...but I also have met the most famous Deputy Prime Minister we've ever had. (twice).

Plus the "Man in the Whiite suit" MP whose name we've all forgooten, I was on his table at a dinner.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Prince Charles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here