Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I met Johnny Marr at a party thrown by the guy who build his house. Spent the whole evening listening to tales about life on the road with The Smiths (Mozza is truly a contrary bastard but very funny), The The (DON'T mess with Matt Johnson), Electronic (Too E'd out to remember much of it) and so on.

When I used to do local breakfast and evening TV met some of Manchester's Z list specials, Brian and Michael (LS Lowry song at number 1), the Nolan Sisters (utterly slutterly), Frank Sidebottom, The Gaslight Anthem, Mike Summerbee and most of Corrie.

I also signed up Nedum Onuoha to Uni when he was 18 to do evening classes, and had to convince Stuart Pearce that it would not interrupt too much with training.

In 1978 I was the first person to tell Ian Botham he had been picked for England, as was collecting cricket autographs outside the Langlands hotel in Hove, and the team was announced at 11am, just before he came out for a stroll with Sir Viv prior to a JPT game.

Best of all was meeting Peter Canning.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
The late Lord Colin Cowdrey, a genuinely nice person.He gave me a brace of pheasants from the boot of his car after one of his pheasant shoots on the Arundel Estate. He also introduced me to his son Chris once who was en route to David Gower's stag night.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Jimmy Hill, Botham, Lee & Herring, Kevin Eldon, saw Steve Coogan at Gatwick once. Met the winner of the Ukrainian Pop Idol type programme but had no f***ing idea who he was.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Geoff Hurst, Gordon Banks, Eddie Carson, Prince Phillip, Princess Anne, Mendoza, Adam Woodyatt (the bloke that plays Ian Beale on Eastenders), Tessa Sanderson, David Wilkie

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Steve Coogan
Noel Gallagher
Paul Brooker!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Dave Grohl.
Plenty of Brighton players over the years, Spent a night on Sammy Nelsons sofa once (used to work with his son) & most recently accosted Ben Roberts at Clacket Lane services.
Also my cousin used to be on Eastenders.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Prince Charles - charity event
David Cameron - ashes hospitality

But my favourite was an afternoon drinking with Alan Brazil and Ronnie Irani

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Mick Doohan
Carl Fogarty
Jamie Whitham
Jimmy Greaves (pissed next to him in the Goldstone East Terrace bogs!):lol:
Windsor Davies (It aint half hot mum) Gatwick departure lounge bar 1977.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably Lars Ulrich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here