Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I took Raquel Welch for dinner on one occassion and about 2 days later had tea with Cliff Richard and Sue Barker at David Lloyds sports centre near Heathrow. A notorious man I met was Barbara Windsors ex husband Ronnie Knight when he ran The A & R Club in Shaftesbury Avenue. My eldest son saw Joan Collins in The Ritz without make up and said she looked horrendous.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Been introduced to the queen a couple of times and she seems very pleasant in a very professional sort of way as were the queen mum, Prince Charles, Diana and Princess Anne whereas Prince Philip is a total twat and an embarrassment. Tony Blair was vile in his falseness as was Maggie Thatcher but I really liked Margaret Beckett and Ken Clarke. Most objectionable politician I've ever met though was Lembitt Opie.

Met a lot of sports people over the years - Sir Garfield Sobers stands out as a hero and World Cup winner George Cohen was a gentleman but the nicest I've met was Dame Ellen MacArthur

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I have often had a chat with George Cohen, as said before he's a really nice bloke though he has said on more than one occasion that if it was up to him we would never have been allowed a stadium at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here