• Kerry

Votes: 118 86.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Gareth Glover said:

My real issue with these discussions is that people confuse anyone who criticises arabs dictator states or islamic fundamentalism with being rascist.

Well that's a pile of horse shit. Many opponents of Bush/Blair are highly critical of Saudi Arabia.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I well constructed counter argument " well thats a pile of horse shit " this proves exactly what I mean about having a different point of view.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Gareth Glover said:
I well constructed counter argument " well thats a pile of horse shit " this proves exactly what I mean about having a different point of view.

Did you not read the second sentence then. That is typical of your style of argument, selective quotes that ignore anything that doesn't fit your predetermined opinions.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I guess I am a stubborn pig headed old git then. Bit like you really.

Gareth Glover said:
Lord

I will get the proof for you. Come on Lord the regime handed out some pretty severe stuff, such as murdering anyone who disgareed with the regime. Even the Iraqi football team got beaten for being shit !
I'm not saying that Saddam Hussein wasn't the head of a brutal, murderous regime. He was.

What I'm saying is that judicial stoning for crimes like theft was never part of the Iraqi regime's methods.

The reason this is important is that there is an international campaign against judicial stoning. Amnesty Internation has focused upon cases in Iran, Yemen, the United Arab Emirates, Nigeria and Sudan.

It is vital for the success of human rights campaigns that they don't get muddled by misinformation and rumours. Opponents of human rights frequently try to discredit campaigning organisations by claiming that they are exaggerating or misreporting their claims of abuse.

We all have a duty to the truth in these matters.

Dandyman

In London village.
Gareth Glover said:
I am wondering what bright sparks on NSC would have done on 12th September 2001 ?. The guys is not a hero of mine but he has had a hell of a lot thrown at him.

All the people with the answers to world terrorism, islamic fundametalism and how to combat Al Queda please put your answers on a postcard.

The answer starts well before 9/11. On 03 July 1979 President Carter signed the first directive to authorise secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Moscow regime in Kabul. Carter's national security adviser Zbigniew Brezinski claims that he advised Carter this action would lead to military intervention by the USSR.

Throughout the 80's William Casey the Head of CIA from January 1981 to January 1987 ensured massive aid was covertly delivered to islamic fundementalists fighting the Soviets in Afganistan. He also formented muslim terrorist attacks within the USSR. It has to be added that Casey was much encouraged in this course of action by the Pakistani government and rich Saudis.

Prior to 9/11 Bush repeatedly ignored warnings of a terrorist attack and continued to prop up repressive Arab regimes and offer uncritical support to Israeli aggression on the west bank.

if you want we could also go into the massive deficit and record unemployment Bush has inflicted on the USA as well...

The usual pathetic and discredited points being recycled by the blinkered Bush lover. I've been out the country for a few days so I've entered this "thread" (?) late in the day. However G.G., lets face it. Your tired old ramblings have been elequently answered by many. Pointless me going over old ground. However just one question for you? You asked how to combat Al Quada and Islamic Fundimentalism. This may be news to you, but sixteen of the twenty 9/11 hijakers were Saudi Nationals. That's the country where Pappy Bush and Junior have many business interests. Might Bush and his cronies have been better focusing their energies on this well known hotbed of millitants? No chance of that. Could have been embarrassing politically and personally for the whole Bush family. Instead, Bush went on his phony crusade, searching for weapons of mass disappearence, getting revenge for Pappys balls up twelve years earlier and making a mint for his pals in high places with lucrative rebuilding contracts.

Oh the original question?....I'll take my chances with Kerry.

Richie Morris said:
Bush.

I am worried that Kerry will rurn Iraq into another Vietnam.

You mean by withdrawing US troops from a country they had no right to be in? Still, at least Bush liberated the lemon curds eh Ritchie? :rolleyes:

The good news is that the first poll appeared in the US yesterday that had Kerry in the lead. If the polls stay more of less level over the next few days, Bush has had it.

The "late deciders" tend to disproportionately break for the challenger according to past US electoral practice.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As of this morning William Hill go

Bush 4/6
Kerry 11/10

All you Kerry lovers could make a mint as well as seeing the evil Bush get his marching orders.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Zeitgiest

Just because I have a different point of view to you does not mean I have a poster of George W Bush over my bed.

I have tried to ask some searching questions about the war and post 9/11 some people have tried to answer with a reasoned and serious debate, people whose opinions I respect who are anti war such as Tom Hark, Dick Kinght's Mum, Lord Bracknell, Albion Dan and London Irish.

Others have just made silly snipes and been insulting , I'll put you in the latter camp shall I.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Gareth Glover said:
Zeitgiest

Just because I have a different point of view to you does not mean I have a poster of George W Bush over my bed.

I have tried to ask some searching questions about the war and post 9/11 some people have tried to answer with a reasoned and serious debate, people whose opinions I respect who are anti war such as Tom Hark, Dick Kinght's Mum, Lord Bracknell, Albion Dan and London Irish.

Others have just made silly snipes and been insulting , I'll put you in the latter camp shall I.

thats rubbish i have not made any silly snipes in fact i made a good argument pretty much what most other people have said. however i am only 24 so not as much knowledge as some of these older people. your the only that cant handle it when someone says something constructive back

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Gareth Glover said:
Zeitgiest

thats rubbish i have not made any silly snipes in fact i made a good argument pretty much what most other people have said. however i am only 24 so not as much knowledge as some of these older people. your the one that cant handle it when someone says something constructive back

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
caz don't be so touchy , you are in the middle camp :p .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ladbrokes are offering odds on individual states. Name a state and I will give the price, some interesting prices to be had.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Arizona

Bush 1/100
Kerry 16/1

???

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
GG: when people post "facts" about American corruption and CIA involvement in military coups to increase US political influence across the world, what do you think?
Do you think people are making them up? That they are not important? That America has a right to illegally exert it's authority by fair means or foul? That none of this could have anything to do with anti-American sentiment and, therefore, terrorism?

You always seem very blinkered, and therefore somewhat ignorant because of it. You make arguments about Islamic fundamentalists being "animals" because you cannot stretch your imagination beyond your surroundings, it seems.

The answer to world terrorism is education and understanding on all sides. And that includes you and me both.

I'm not a Saddam apologist. He was a horrid human being lost in his own power and mythology. But blowing the shit out of a country is not the answer to poverty and cruelty. Is it? Do you honestly think that is the answer? To simply shoot things until they fall into line?

I'm sometimes at a loss reading what you think. It honestly scares me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cutting the heads off people in cold blood is. This is done in the cause of Islamic Fundamentalism. Flying planes into buildings in the name of Islamic Fundamentalism killing 3000 at random. What would you do, sit down and " discuss " with people who think they will go to heaven with 16 virgins for doing this. Good plan Meade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here