• Kerry

Votes: 118 86.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Gareth Glover said:
Cutting the heads off people in cold blood is. This is done in the cause of Islamic Fundamentalism. Flying planes into buildings in the name of Islamic Fundamentalism killing 3000 at random. What would you do, sit down and " discuss " with people who think they will go to heaven with 16 virgins for doing this. Good plan Meade.

See, you're just avoiding the majority of the point again, which makes you look thick.

The West's raping of the world's people and resources has gone on for centuries in the name of commerce and the maintenance of power in the hands of the few. How can you not admit that we need to make reparations for this? Or understand that other people in the world feel trodden on culturally, religiously, sexually, emotionally and financially by those with the biggest boots? If you felt utterly oppressed and your families and culture were under threat, what would you do?

We cannot sit and discuss it with this generation's terrorists, but, i don't know if you are aware of this, but there is a future to consider. Not just cold, repetitive revenge.

Don't unnecessarily bury your head GG. The scratch on your record is getting deeper by the day.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Gareth I think dismissing Fundamentalists as animals is simplistic and counterproductive. Surely some understanding of the thought processes which lead people to believe that such behaviour is acceptable is the first step in combating them and I think more importantly preventing others from joining them.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hang on , the arab states are amoungst the richest in the world, its just the corrupt regimes rape their own citizens financially and the heads of state/dictators keep all the riches. That is not the fault of the USA or the West but of these dispicable regimes.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Voroshilov said:
Surely some understanding of the thought processes which lead people to believe that such behaviour is acceptable is the first step

bingo - head nail - thats the hardest question to find an answer to in any conflict...

you can't change behaviour until you understand why and howfor it came about.....

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Gareth Glover said:
Hang on , the arab states are amoungst the richest in the world, its just the corrupt regimes rape their own citizens financially and the heads of state/dictators keep all the riches. That is not the fault of the USA or the West but of these dispicable regimes.

yes but how and where did their money come from??

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Gareth Glover said:
Cutting the heads off people in cold blood is. This is done in the cause of Islamic Fundamentalism. Flying planes into buildings in the name of Islamic Fundamentalism killing 3000 at random. What would you do, sit down and " discuss " with people who think they will go to heaven with 16 virgins for doing this. Good plan Meade.

The important thing to remember is the 'In the name of....' Bush for example does things in the name of 'Christainity' such as Guantanomo bay... is that any better. Causing death is still causing death regardless what you do it in the name of. Just ebcause people do soemthing 'in the name of...' that it really is represnetative.

Oh and by the way, GG, Saddam himself woudl be pretty miffed for you if he suggested he did what he did in the anme of Islamic fundamentalism!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't remember any of the prisoners/detainees at Guatanomo bay having their heads cut off and and posted on the internet, did I miss that ?.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Gareth Glover said:

Erm... who do you buy your petrol from GG???? You are assuming that all Arab countries are like Saudi Arabia... which they are most definately not. In the twentieth century petrol states became rich because the Western World gave them money and destabilised them by trying to create puppet states...... so who then is responsible for their power? We reap what we sow.

What dissapoints me GG is soemtimes you make telling points but then you betray your ignorance..... 16 virgins is total rubbish... who told you that? Isn't it you who is making decisions based on the media?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They believe they will die as Martyrs and go to heaven with virgins waiting for them for blowing up the WTC's.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Gareth Glover said:
I don't remember any of the prisoners/detainees at Guatanomo bay having their heads cut off and and posted on the internet, did I miss that ?.

Fair point... no you didn't... but neither did we see those killed in the prisons in Iraq by US soldiers under orders or in the war itself.

Of course war is war you say but yet, again, you will justify it by associating Iraq with the 'despicable' regimes.

From someone with a long history of travelling and working with Muslims, I appreciate your disgust for the Saudi Arabian regime.... but Saudi Arabia is nothing like Iraq. Iraq was nearer Israel than Saudi Arabia in way of life and mentality. The point still remains... Saddam was a nasty piece of work but he was not respresentative of Al Qaeda or any despicable regime in the region and the Iraqis were innocent victims. Please agree or disagree on this with specific points that do not just brush over the facts and spout Bush media bites.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Gareth Glover said:
They believe they will die as Martyrs and go to heaven with virgins waiting for them for blowing up the WTC's.

It's true that those brainwashed by the radical and(unfortunatetely imams who preach from the pulpit that they will eb martyrs.. that's abosultely right but the whoel virgin thing is pretty murkey. The Koran calls them 'houri'.... This refers to the martyr who responds to the call for Jihad... however 90% of Muslims would not consider anythign happening in the world today a 'jihad' ......

Don't know where you got the 16 from.....

Anyway next you'll be telling me that all Muslims can marry four times and divorce by saying a phrase three times.......

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They can can't they ?.:rolleyes:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No...... have to be three months living in own family's house and then attempt at reconciliation... you, see? This is what I mean..... by taking one group's radical behaviour and tarring everyone with it the innocent end up suffering... which makes people like Bush just as bad as Saddam... and you or me too if we subscribe to the same rationale.

Gareth Glover said:

Perhaps you missed the prisoners in Iraq who have been killed in custody, the ones piled up naked by US soldiers and humiliated, walked around on leashes as some US munter points at their dicks on camera. Very 'Geneva Convention' that - aside from the original declaration of war and invasion of a country that was comparitively unarmed, and had made no apparent effort to attack.

The terrorists are not nice, but let's not kid ourselves eh?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
NMH said:
Perhaps you missed the prisoners in Iraq who have been killed in custody, the ones piled up naked by US soldiers and humiliated, walked around on leashes as some US munter points at their dicks on camera. Very 'Geneva Convention' that - aside from the original declaration of war and invasion of a country that was comparitively unarmed, and had made no apparent effort to attack.

The terrorists are not nice, but let's not kid ourselves eh?

agree when are people going to stop and realise that we arent perfect and neither are the americans

Gareth Glover said:
Zeitgiest

Just because I have a different point of view to you does not mean I have a poster of George W Bush over my bed.

I have tried to ask some searching questions about the war and post 9/11 some people have tried to answer with a reasoned and serious debate, people whose opinions I respect who are anti war such as Tom Hark, Dick Kinght's Mum, Lord Bracknell, Albion Dan and London Irish.

Others have just made silly snipes and been insulting , I'll put you in the latter camp shall I.

Silly snipes and insulting??.....Oh dear, NSC's resident drama queen appears to suffering selective amnesia.

"he's an arse"...An inteligent response on the M.M. thread!

" I have LI's card marked. He is a pompous, condescending , self opinionated, left wing hack as thats something he can't argue with "

Well, I bet that's really ruined L.I.'s day for him! All this from somebody who started a thread entitled "fat bastard alert"! It's a familiar trait of small minded right wing types to resort to insults and distortion when they start losing the debate/argument. The old chestnut of 9/11, Iraq etc is persistently recycled by yourself in various guises. You lost the argument ages ago. let's face it Charlie....You've been well and truely owned on this subject! I made a point to you re: your original question. As usual you sidestepped it, instead going into YOUR latest silly snipe. Oh well..*sigh*..Put me in whichever camp you like btw. ;)

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
NSC's resident drama queen, I like that :clap2: .

Whats to be done now Binner Laden has threatened more terrorist attacks on the USA in a film today.

What would Kerry do that is different to Bush ?.

I apologise to anyone who feels I have been rude to them by the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here