Votes: 118 86.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
The Auditor said:
So true !

er no...people on NSC ridicule violent racists and other unsavoury types. When it comes to opinions, people on NSC generally offer counter opinions and arguments.

If people can't handle people debate why do they bother coming out with an opinion at all?

Saying you're being ridiculed or people in some way gang up on you is pure playground stuff

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No.... I haven't..... not sure I like the idea of sucking Saddam or Osama to be honest.....:D

I'll ask around.....

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
alan partridge said:
er no...people on NSC ridicule violent racists and other unsavoury types. When it comes to opinions, people on NSC generally offer counter opinions and arguments.

If people can't handle people debate why do they bother coming out with an opinion at all?

Saying you're being ridiculed or people in some way gang up on you is pure playground stuff

Wrong - often disagreement is in the form of abuse no constructive counter arguement - it is an attempt to bully people off the board for not following the party line

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
No.... I haven't..... not sure I like the idea of sucking Saddam or Osama to be honest.....:D

I'll ask around.....

:lolol: You really don't have to, although they are good for 'novelty' value

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
The Auditor said:
Wrong - often disagreement is in the form of abuse no constructive counter arguement - it is an attempt to bully people off the board for not following the party line

well if you're talking Kev the Ape type stuff then yeah I agree, but we've had some great discussions on NSC.....

and some threads that Looney posts in.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
The Auditor said:

thats crap i have stated and disagreed with gg. i havent abused him at all apart from saying bollocks thats to do with his statement not himself.

you havent put up a productive argument just stepped in to mix it up and turn the conversation round to something esle.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
caz99 said:
thats crap i have stated and disagreed with gg. i havent abused him at all apart from saying bollocks thats to do with his statement not himself.

you havent put up a productive argument just stepped in to mix it up and turn the conversation round to something esle.

accepted - sorry - this is a general comment not relating to the orginal thread

Last edited:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Albion Dan said:
I would look at stabilising Israel and not always giving 100% backing to the Israelis with their US financed Army in their illegal campaign against the Palestinians. This is the reason that most of the arab fundamentalists use as a reason to take arms against the USA. Take away this problem and make sure the Palestinians are given some sort of hope for the future and you would go along way to fixing many problems in the Middle East

You mean give the palestinians back their land?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gareth Glover said:
Yes but what would you have done, deathly silence re the answer. Would you have done nothing, lying like a sitting duck waiting for the next attack. That is why he will get in again as most Americans demanded action of some sort. I fully back the invasion of Afghanistan to overthrow the Taliban, we are seeing the first glimmers of light from that country with 10 500 000 people refusing to be intimidated and going to vote. Iraq was handled very badly after the war and defeat of Saddam but overall Bush was between a rock and a hard place in his postion. Its all good and well siting behind your keyboard berating everything Bush/ The USA have done but the lack of decent arguments as to what should have been done by those opposing the war is deafening.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
May I point everyone in the direction of the excellent Power of Nightmares programme on BBC2 tonight at 9pm. This will give you a good idea of why Bush's government is acting like it is.

I'd like Bush to be deposed because of the sinister neoconservatives who drive his foriegn policy decisions. Get rid of Bush and you lose the real evil at the heart of American politics - Cheney, Rumsfeld and their clique.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for the history lessons, mainly inspired by the Grauniad and "Independant" it appears.

Wont make any difference though, gonna be a war with Iran soon and theres bugger all chance of the election outcome changing that.

May I point everyone in the direction of the excellent Power of Nightmares programme on BBC2 tonight at 9pm. This will give you a good idea of why Bush's government is acting like it is.

Hahahahahahaha, what that load of bunk? Its a total load of bunk.

The power of Myths? Well al-queda does exist and sept 11 did happen.

Apparently theyre going to claim tonight the you cant use war to introduce Democracy, another Myth? Well yes apart from Germany, Japan, Austria Italy, etc.

Also its poorly researched and highly morally relative.Only a Saddam/stalin loving scumbag would equate Neo-conservativism with Islamic exstremism.

And as for Strauss, thats like blamming Marxism on Hegel. Good if you like bullshit sauce on your evening cornflakes thoughl

Yes but what would you have done, deathly silence re the answer. Would you have done nothing, lying like a sitting duck waiting for the next attack. That is why he will get in again as most Americans demanded action of some sort. I fully back the invasion of Afghanistan to overthrow the Taliban, we are seeing the first glimmers of light from that country with 10 500 000 people refusing to be intimidated and going to vote. Iraq was handled very badly after the war and defeat of Saddam but overall Bush was between a rock and a hard place in his postion. Its all good and well siting behind your keyboard berating everything Bush/ The USA have done but the lack of decent arguments as to what should have been done by those opposing the war is deafening.

Well first of all, it could well be that there may not have even been a '9/11' attack if Bush were not the president. He is the son of the man who ran the CIA who was vice-pres when the Iran-Contra corruption was going on.
Daddy Bush hated getting ousted and his cronies basically re-warded him with the presidency vicariously through his son.
Now, if you got hit by a stone in the playground, and some renegade rich-boy threw it - but you went up to thump the small poorer kid - you'd be called a cowardly bully. Bush didn't need to invade Iraq EXCEPT for the fact that that country was about to base its' economy on the EURODOLLAR!! No wonder the Frogs and Krauts didn't back Bush to the hilt eh?

The blindly one-sided support of Israel, regardless of how they comport themselves, sticks in the throats of many Arab nations. Sharon stamps authority like a jailer on the Palestinians.

Iraq was basically bankrupt, and needed to survive the aftermath of a ong war that the US were happy to sustain indefinitely . The US liked making money from their trouble v Iraq, a balanced warless Iraq didn't buy so many weapons . They ran out of dosh and so they went after Kuwait to get some. It suited the US to marshall them out afterwards.

Last edited:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
NMH said:
Well first of all, it could well be that there may not have even been a '9/11' attack if Bush were not the president. He is the son of the man who ran the CIA who was vice-pres when the Iran-Contra corruption was going on.
Daddy Bush hated getting ousted and his cronies basically re-warded him with the presidency vicariously through his son.
Now, if you got hit by a stone in the playground, and some renegade rich-boy threw it - but you went up to thump the small poorer kid - you'd be called a cowardly bully. Bush didn't need to invade Iraq EXCEPT for the fact that that country was about to base its' economy on the EURODOLLAR!! No wonder the Frogs and Krauts didn't back Bush to the hilt eh?

The blindly one-sided support of Israel, regardless of how they comport themselves, sticks in the throats of many Arab nations. Sharon stamps authority like a jailer on the Palestinians.

Iraq was basically bankrupt, and needed to survive the aftermath of a ong war that the US were happy to sustain indefinitely . The US liked making money from their trouble v Iraq, a balanced warless Iraq didn't buy so many weapons .

:clap: some of which i stated in an earlier post. agreed

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Anyone who keeps putting Iraq and Afghansiatn together is being an apologist for Bush. Afghanistan was justified and only half-hearted..... Iraq was totally unjustified (unless you admit that you were really after revenge and oil) and overkill.

Bush should be applauded for doing something after 9/11 but lambasted for getting the job half-done and leaving Afghanistan in a mess..... Bush deserves nothing but crucfixion for what he has done over Iraq.

Those of you who equate Iraq with Afghansiatn conform to the myth that if you are a Muslim then you are dangerous. if that's not your point of view then THINK.... why is it the moderate countries that a few years ago backed Europe to the hilt are now becoming areas of recruitement for Al-Qaeda? The same countries that supported US's invasion of Afghanistan.

Gareth Glover said:
and maybe just maybe one or two people in Iraq who are happy they will not have the heads stoned in if the steal of loaf of bread.
I've challenged you before on this, Gareth, and I do so again.

Give me one instance of Saddam Hussein's regime imposing stoning as a death sentence for theft.

If you recall anything about Saddam, surely you'll recall that he was opposed to Islamic fundamentalism and the application of Shariah Law? Not that those states where Shariah Law does apply use stoning as a punishment for theft.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
looney said:

Hahahahahahaha, what that load of bunk? Its a total load of bunk.

The power of Myths? Well al-queda does exist and sept 11 did happen.

Apparently theyre going to claim tonight the you cant use war to introduce Democracy, another Myth? Well yes apart from Germany, Japan, Austria Italy, etc.

Also its poorly researched and highly morally relative.Only a Saddam/stalin loving scumbag would equate Neo-conservativism with Islamic exstremism.

And as for Strauss, thats like blamming Marxism on Hegel. Good if you like bullshit sauce on your evening cornflakes thoughl

So it hit a raw nerve then Looney?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No I watch stuff Like that to see what the otherside is thinking, still in intellectual limbo I see.

People piss and whine about bush just to blur the fact that they are apologists for some very nasty people, moarlly bankrupt is the anti's position.

looney said:
I'm not going to comment about the generality of this. I'll just question the track record of the USA in using war to introduce democracy.

When they invaded Sicily in 1943, the Americans were able to defeat Mussolini's forces with relative ease. They then faced the problem of how to restore civil government to the island. So they did the obvious thing - look around for people with a proven track record of opposing the fascist regime. Most of them were in prison, of course. So the Americans let them out and handed over responsibility for governing Sicily to these brave anti-fascist heroes.

And that's how the mafia managed to re-establish itself so quickly after the Americans went away.

Are they doing any better with their new-found Iraqi friends? Only time (and the Iraqi people) will tell.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lord

I will get the proof for you. Come on Lord the regime handed out some pretty severe stuff, such as murdering anyone who disgareed with the regime. Even the Iraqi football team got beaten for being shit !.

My real issue with these discussions is that people confuse anyone who criticises arabs dictator states or islamic fundamentalism with being rascist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here