Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think the only real leaks were McKenna where we were allegedly one of three interested parties, Cooper as his agent probably tried to force Leicester City’s hand by suggesting we were the front runner. I expect a journalist made up the Potter one and we didn’t want to deny it as it gives a smokescreen to what we are doing.
Other than that it’s been kept extremely secretive.
We deal on a confidential basis whereas Chelsea seem to play everything out publicly by Social Media.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
As I’ve said on another thread, the one for me now is Jacob Neestrup of FC Copenhagen.
Some similarities to De Zerbi and someone who has studied him, but a more pragmatic style overall.
Champions League experience. Young and ambitious. No idea if he’d be interested but hopefully he would be.
Copenhagen rely on a few experienced players plus a number from their academy.
Fingers crossed.

albionalba

Football with optimism
NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
As I’ve said on another thread, the one for me now is Jacob Neestrup of FC Copenhagen.
I also like this idea. There must also be an added psychological driver when you never quite made it as a player but could be close to PL fame as a manager, having clawed your way up from youth coaching etc.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Whatever manager is linked, however tenuously, put a:
<insert Name> V Potter =

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Yes, we need someone announced by the end of next week at the latest. How are we going to attract players in the window unless we have a coach.
I understand that we don’t want to panic but by the end of next week we’ll have had a hiatus of four weeks.
If it goes beyond that, people will start to think there is a problem.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Another manager on the market (seemingly).

Mixed record from the looks of it. Seems he's been sacked repeatedly, and where he hasn't (such as Karabükspor and Hellas Verona), he's left after one decent season to manage elsewhere or fallen out with the board (eg Marseille). Not encouraging.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Mixed record from the looks of it. Seems he's been sacked repeatedly, and where he hasn't (such as Karabükspor and Hellas Verona), he's left after one decent season to manage elsewhere or fallen out with the board (eg Marseille). Not encouraging.
Yep, not for me either. Very ropey record. Surprised he still gets job offers.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Yes, we need someone announced by the end of next week at the latest. How are we going to attract players in the window unless we have a coach.
I understand that we don’t want to panic but by the end of next week we’ll have had a hiatus of four weeks.
If it goes beyond that, people will start to think there is a problem.
There already is a problem. There's noone out there that fits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here