Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Took 10 days to get RDZ after Potter left.

Took 7 days to get Potter after Hughton was binned.

Something is NOT going to plan here.

I suspect it is because Potter is holding out for the England job, and he's the man we want.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

I suspect it is because Potter is holding out for the England job, and he's the man we want.

As been said a million times:
RDZ was mid season and therefore Urgent
Potter was lined up knowing that Hughton was definitly going
RDZ and BHA were still in negotiation until the end of the season
Plenty of time still to get the right man
Potter 100% is definitly not the one TB, PB and the vast vast majority of fans want. Except you, Swansman and a couple of others.

Is this your bed?
bed.jpg

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

While Potter may or may not be the one TB & co wants, we're not waiting until the end of the Euros - no chance at all imho. Its just too late.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have looked at this thread a hundred times, and finally, now, when I just looked at the title I swear it said 'Do you want to become our new manager?' !

Yes! Yes I do! Ready to start in the morning. Singe me UP!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

No mate.

They were waiting for me to realize it was time to realise my destiny.

I'm on the blower first thing tomorrow (ten-ish). Sorted. :thumbsup:

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings

You nailed it. Except you forgot McKenna. And that Potter doesn't want the job.

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

as others have said potter left mid season therefore it was imperative we moved quickly.

and it was certainly reported that TB had decided CH was a goner after the cardiff game, a good while before the season ended. so if you take that time into account then it was probably a bit longer before potter was actually appointed

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
as others have said potter left mid season therefore it was imperative we moved quickly.

and it was certainly reported that TB had decided CH was a goner after the cardiff game, a good while before the season ended. so if you take that time into account then it was probably a bit longer before potter was actually appointed
True, except didn't De Zerbi sign his fate in February?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
True, except didn't De Zerbi sign his fate in February?
not really? it was apparent that there was trouble afoot, but there was lots of talk about next season, RDZ mentioned what positions he wanted to sign several times after february, and it probably only became clear that things weren’t going to work after he sat down to talk about that with TB and PB

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
not really? it was apparent that there was trouble afoot, but there was lots of talk about next season, RDZ mentioned what positions he wanted to sign several times after february, and it probably only became clear that things weren’t going to work after he sat down to talk about that with TB and PB
I think that's a naive position to hold if you ask me.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

I think that's a naive position to hold if you ask me.
I think he was doomed pretty much by May last year when he said Caicedo "deserves to play for a CL club". When you start promising players stuff the club might not want to do, its a really wonky road. Worked out well in the end with the fee but could have gone very bad ending up with a demotivated player in the team.

Probably settled by December when every RDZ press conference started to turn into a shitfest. Like:

"If we have different targets, we can hug, we can kiss but after that we have to live if we are serious people. Otherwise you work, you take the money but it can’t be a good atmosphere to work together."

You just can't say those things and expect to remain in charge of an elite sports team. Barely elsewhere either.

Any other manager would have been keeled for expressing "if I cant get along with the owner, I will unhappily stay and take the money".

Last edited:

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
I think he was doomed pretty much by May last year when he said Caicedo "deserves to play for a CL club". When you start promising players stuff the club might not want to do, its a really wonky road. Worked out well in the end with the fee but could have gone very bad ending up with a demotivated player in the team.

Probably settled by December when every RDZ press conference started to turn into a shitfest. Like:

"If we have different targets, we can hug, we can kiss but after that we have to live if we are serious people. Otherwise you work, you take the money but it can’t be a good atmosphere to work together."

You just can't say those things and expect to remain in charge of an elite sports team. Barely elsewhere either.

Any other manager would have been keeled for expressing "if I cant get along with the owner, I will unhappily stay and take the money".
So we’ve had sixth months to find a new manager and yet here we are

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I've gone passed caring now.
Gone past caring about your spelling, more like.

Disappointed. You've let yourself down, you've let your former English master down, and you've let your posse (which includes myself): the tofu-eating wokerati, down. 😢

As been said a million times:
RDZ was mid season and therefore Urgent
Potter was lined up knowing that Hughton was definitly going
RDZ and BHA were still in negotiation until the end of the season
Plenty of time still to get the right man
Potter 100% is definitly not the one TB, PB and the vast vast majority of fans want. Except you, Swansman and a couple of others.

Is this your bed?
View attachment 183509

Isn’t it a pretty similar situation to Hughton? Those on the inside must have known a resolution involving RDZ was unlikely quite a while ago. The difference is the succession planning worked back then but hasn’t now.

That’s not a crisis of course but I think we can be honest enough to say it ain’t ideal

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Reports out of Israel saying Drapic’s no.2 has been heard saying he going to Brighton. It wouldn’t be the first time TB has gone to Israel for a manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here