Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
ivan juric has left torino after three years and is currently available. has had them massively overachieving and finishing in the top half after finishing very close to the bottom before he was appointed.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
What makes you think Ivan Juric has any ambition to coach in the Premier League? He's never left Italy his whole career.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
You mean Andrew Crofts?
Who knows what the club is thinking? It maybe that if there is a delay in any appointment that Crofts will start the training when the players return. At least he knows everyone well so from that perspective it wouldn't bother me too much.

I too am starting to wonder if we will leave it until after the Euros. The longer it goes on.....

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Shirley we must be making some progress somewhere along the line... We are pushing on for three weeks now. Therefore, it's unlikely to be an unemployed manager otherwise it would be wrapped up by now. Surely we didn't put all our eggs in Mckenna's basket? I will start to get concerned if we haven't got someone in by this time next week. How on earth do we attract any players with no manager in place?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Would be nice if the club made some sort of statement re: the search for a new manager.

Something to give us a clue as to what’s going on !

Even if it’s “we’ve spoken to a lot of top coaches but no decision has been made, but we expect the new boss to be installed by ????? “

Yes I’m sure they are working very hard but some sort of indication that progress is being made would be nice 👍

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Would be nice if the club made some sort of statement re: the search for a new manager.

Something to give us a clue as to what’s going on !

Even if it’s “we’ve spoken to a lot of top coaches but no decision has been made, but we expect the new boss to be installed by ????? “

Yes I’m sure they are working very hard but some sort of indication that progress is being made would be nice 👍
I’m going to praise the club that I think they’ve managed really well at stopping any information getting out, something which I admit seemed to increase under RDZ.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I’m going to praise the club that I think they’ve managed really well at stopping any information getting out, something which I admit seemed to increase under RDZ.
this does seem very much like normal service being resumed in that respect certainly not a bad thing

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Giovanni van Bronckhorst now signed by Besiktas, so thats another candidate out. Only dozens and dozens options left. PANIC!!

Agree, job well done. But from what I heard about our Ayari negotiations, we STRONGLY recommend clubs and players to keep their lips tight if they want a deal. Not always possible in the world of football agents though, clubs struggle to control that.

But the silence could also mean other things. According to the Swedish sports journo group I'm in, its a pain right now to reach agents to get info. A lot of agents, and their clients, are quite simply on holiday, as its "now or never" before BOTH the transfer window and the shop window opens in a week.

So it might be a done deal - just waiting for someone to come home from somewhere before we present him. Or it could be "lets talk about it next week when I get home from Ibiza".
Or we don't have a clue what we want, but I seriously doubt it.

I don't think the (natural) worries and impatience here is mirrored at the club. While we want a manager in soon enough, it really isn't any hurry - not all that much will be happening in terms of recruitment, player contract talks etc for another week or two anyway, manager or no manager.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Who knows what the club is thinking? It maybe that if there is a delay in any appointment that Crofts will start the training when the players return. At least he knows everyone well so from that perspective it wouldn't bother me too much.

I too am starting to wonder if we will leave it until after the Euros. The longer it goes on.....
Well if Potter is favourite then it will have to be after the Euros...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Doesn’t Tony Bloom take away Star Lizard staff over football tournaments ? On a cruise ship or something

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here