Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which HORROR film...

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Agreed. Not so much scary but disturbing.

Anyone seen 1408 (room 1408). Scary stuff.

saw pyranha 3d the other night which was just non stop quality munching.

But the most disturbing film ive seen has to be the passion of christ. So horrendously graphic.

I agree. I watched this (foolishly) while staying alone in a hotel room. Didn't sleep very well that night.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
The exorcist-saw it underage at, I think, The Classic which used to be down Western Road. Had nightmares for weeks-still refuse to watch it if it comes on telly to this day

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anything with Bela Lugosi in. One of the first horror films I ever saw was called 'The Dark Eyes of London' made in 1940 and it scared me shitless. I still find the old 30s and 40s films scarier than the gorefes ones of nowadays.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
i watched one in my early teens around 25 years ago but never remember the name of it but always remember it got banned 2 weeks after coming out because all the people that got murdered in the film was never seen again!!!!!!!

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Sadly... Ghost Ship!
Only reason being i really dislike horror films that have ghosts that are children... find it really unsettling!
:(

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I liked the one with Nicholas Ball and Peter Cushing when a mad man who caged Animals decided to do the same to Nicholas Ball trapping him in a small room under the basement.

The Silent Scream - yes classic. :thumbsup: Not sure if it was Nicholas Ball, but I might be wrong.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But the most disturbing film ive seen has to be the passion of christ. So horrendously graphic.

Have just read this months copy of FHM and there is a big article about Mel Gibson, now that bloke is seriously scary and a complete hatstand.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Jaws, and Witchfinder General for me.. eeek...!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not a horror film, but did leave a lasting impression, and I was sick after watching it, was Conspiracy. A really in depth dramatisation of the SS meeting in the Winter Palace.

Also one of the early episodes of Spooks, where the agent is killed by her head being placed in an industrial deep fat fryer. You don't see it, but your imagination runs riot.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Quite a few when i was a kid.They scared me but i just had to watch them.

Salem's Lot
Jaws
April's fools day
The burning
The Hammer house of Horrors.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Planet of the Apes .

Would of been about 8 years old .
Watched it at the cinema along Western Rd near where Waitrose is now .
The first time you see them is on horseback .
You can hear the thunder of hooves getting closer & closer ,
then as they come over the hill , the camera focuses on the horses legs
then pans outwards to reveal the apes dressed in leather and looking very pissed off .
Didn't sleep that well for the next few months .

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I absolutely adore classic horror but find the slash em type horror boring and unoriginal.

Women in Black original yes
Ringu yes
The first nightmare when it first came out - yes

I would also include Amityville when it first came out when we were all told it was a true story... the picture of the house was frightening in itself.

Not THAT scary but extremely well done was the tv series on not long ago - cant reemember the name now about the spiritualist and the professor guy with the brain aneurism. That was about as well doen as you can get for TV.

And if you believe in that sort of the thing... the TV series was pretty close to the truth.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not THAT scary but extremely well done was the tv series on not long ago - cant reemember the name now about the spiritualist and the professor guy with the brain aneurism. That was about as well doen as you can get for TV.

Afterlife. That was pretty good TV - shame it was only on for two series.

One play that really did give me the horrors was a Play for Today in the early 70s. I can't remember the title but it was about children who saw ghost children - like a previous poster said, ghosts of children are particularly creepy. I remember the ending vividly, the rhyme "boys and girls come out to play" being chanted over a shot of the ghost children. It really spooked me for days.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
One play that really did give me the horrors was a Play for Today in the early 70s. I can't remember the title but it was about children who saw ghost children - like a previous poster said, ghosts of children are particularly creepy. I remember the ending vividly, the rhyme "boys and girls come out to play" being chanted over a shot of the ghost children. It really spooked me for days.

It wasn't Play for Today mate, but one of the BBC's 'Ghost Story for Christmas'

It was called 'Lost Hearts' and is shit scary i agree. I think you can watch it on youtube or at least you could.

The others in the series, shown every Christmas (suprise suprise) were also really creepy...

MR James's 'a warning to the curious' , 'the stalls of barchester, 'the ash tree' and 'lost hearts' still send a shiver down my spine!! :eek:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It wasn't Play for Today mate, but one of the BBC's 'Ghost Story for Christmas'

It was called 'Lost Hearts' and is shit scary i agree. I think you can watch it on youtube or at least you could.

The others in the series, shown every Christmas (suprise suprise) were also really creepy...

MR James's 'a warning to the curious' , 'the stalls of barchester, 'the ash tree' and 'lost hearts' still send a shiver down my spine!! :eek:

No, this wasn't Lost Hearts - it was modern.

But I used to love those Christmas ghost stories - one of the real Christmas treats. MR James is one of those writers who can raise goose-bumps and the dramatisations of his stuff were always worthwhile.

EDIT: Found it. It was from a series called Menace which was "a series of twenty-three plays running to seventy-five-minutes which found their basis in the aspects, perceptions and representations of menace in various settings in and around the villages, townships and cities of the United Kingdom."

It was actually called Boys and Girls Come to Play and it spooked the hell out of me (May 1973 it was shown - when I should have been revising for my O Levels)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here