Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which HORROR film...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's one of the moments that sticks out in my mind as well in any recent horror.

Funny isn't it, how a certain moment in a film really 'hits the spot' and leaves an unshakable image in your mind. That flashback must be on-screen for all of about a second, if that, yet its SO shocking that it just stays with you.

Out of the whole film, even with the more 'dramatic' scenes of horror, its that girls head and face that I remember the most.

May 2, 2010
some great choices here,I'm going with the usual choices;
The Exorcist
Halloween I
The Omen
Evil Dead I
Alien
The Shining
Salem's Lot
strangely I remember the original Stepford Wives to be very creepy towards the end also knew a girl who was so affected by Candyman she needed psychological help,the recent Drag Me To Hell made me jump a few times.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
when I was kiddywink in the eighties there seemed to be a lurking fear of nuclear attack, prob to do with Reagan, Thatcher et al. The whole idea scared me to death. I remember my mother for some bizarre reason joined some local council group about surviving nuclear attack or being a warden if the time came or something like that. She had to go to meetings once a week. I had been watching When The Wind Blows, scaring myself even further.
One evening my Mum had brought back a Geiger counter with a book about what to do in the event of an attack. I came down in the morning to see it sitting on the side table and nearly shat myself thinking we were about to be attacked. Was scared for days!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Funny isn't it, how a certain moment in a film really 'hits the spot' and leaves an unshakable image in your mind. That flashback must be on-screen for all of about a second, if that, yet its SO shocking that it just stays with you.

Out of the whole film, even with the more 'dramatic' scenes of horror, its that girls head and face that I remember the most.

I think there's one before that where a girl is swung round in a chair and you knew something was coming but i wasn't expecting that LOL! f***.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
As a kid Poltergeist, The Omen, Salems Lot and Nightmare On Elm street shit me up quite a bit. Nothing seems to come close these days

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tell you what, that dead japanese kid in The Grudge proper f***ed me up for the night.
Kept thinking of him standing next to me while I was in bed. And not in a PAEDO way either, before the INEVITABLE remarks begin.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
headbang-ring.gif

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Not a horror film as such, but the only film I can't watch is Misery - the "hobbling" part of that led me to have nightmares for weeks!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I've got all those BBC Christmas plays on digital and am slowly going through them.

Ones not mentioned (I don't think)
First half of the Descent
Jaws (I'd love Spielberg to make another horror as he still hasn't bettered Jaws).
Onibaba

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Good call matey...BUT... the worst one, of that ilk, was set on a farm and the kids involved get killed in a variety of disturbing ways...

Particularly impactful were the one falling between the tractor and trailer...the one drinking the poison then screaming in agony in the middle of the night (long shot of farmhouse...one light goes on!)

But the WORSEST was the kid drowning in the slurry pit.

f*** me.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/guruandwez/fycw/27362-fycw-ep1-apaches

THIS??? Yes I found this one, I was going to ask you if you had ever seen it, well here it is with a review. sounds like the one, slurry pit death, girl poisoned and screaming at the top of her voice, kid getting killed by a GATE. Here, seeing as it seemed to be a classic for the casual 70's child.

Yes, this is APACHES.

Mine was the woman in black too, I couldn't even stand the first 10 minutes!

Last edited:

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
Anyone seen Dead of the Night (1945)? - Dead of Night - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It starts off as great fun, but turns out to be deceptively frightening.

Spot on!..... it's the first and best portmanteau horror film. The jokey golf segment merely serves to make the Hugo Fitch Dummy Terror even more disturbing and the denouement sequence just rips your mind out.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
:thumbsup:
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/guruandwez/fycw/27362-fycw-ep1-apaches

THIS??? Yes I found this one, I was going to ask you if you had ever seen it, well here it is with a review. sounds like the one, slurry pit death, girl poisoned and screaming at the top of her voice, kid getting killed by a GATE. Here, seeing as it seemed to be a classic for the casual 70's child.

Yes, this is APACHES.

Mine was the woman in black too, I couldn't even stand the first 10 minutes!
:thumbsup:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
For those of you who said ghost children give you the shivers (DON'T?) try The Orphanage (recent Spanish chiller).

.REC (also Spanish) is indeed pretty damn jumpy.

The Exorcist
The Omen
The Haunting (original, of course)
The Innocents (50s chiller...one of the best British films of all time. Seriously under-rated)
The Signalman (40 minute TV chiller from early 80s) Denbolm Elliott and Simon Callow....based on Charles Dickens short story, believe it or not!
The Shining
Ringu
The Descent
Alien
Don't Look Now

And that Antony Hopkins thing about the ventriloquists dummy...those things are scary enough at the best of times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here