Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which HORROR film...

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Begotten.

not exactly a horror movie. in fact, i'm not quite sure what it is. black and white, no dialogue, just a stream of disturbing images really. most of the time you can't even tell what's going on on-screen so a lot of the 'story' is left to your imagination. smoke a joint (if that's your kind of thing), watch this movie and let your mind run wild. i guarantee it'll stay with you for a while...

begotten.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not sure if it is classed as a Horror but the first film that ever scared the shit out of me as a kid was Day of the Triffids.

And the other one was the original Omen.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not sure if it is classed as a Horror but the first film that ever scared the shit out of me as a kid was Day of the Triffids.

And the other one was the original Omen.

Leave it out Biggums, we all know you spent your misspent youth watching this little beaut!

:thumbsup:

51NVHQ1Z7WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Leave it out Biggums, we all know you spent your misspent youth watching this little beaut!

:thumbsup:

51NVHQ1Z7WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Funny you should bring that up.

My uncle was an avid hunter and would go into outback NT to go boar hunting.

I had seen this film and being only about 14 my mind was a bit soft.

So when about a month later he asked me to go with him I flat out refused due to a fear of a giant razorback getitng me.

Then again if i'd seen this pic I'd have felt quite justified in staying home.

giant-feral-pig.jpg

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Historically,...... Nightmare on Elm Street

Recently,........ Shrooms.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anybody recognise this plot line from a play shown on tv - early 80s:

Car breaks down on a lonely road - man goes to house for help - invited in by nice middle class people who turn out not to be quite what you think - after shenanigans they kill him and return him to broken down car

A few weeks later the man's wife returns to the country house to thank the people for what they did [looking after her husband] - they invite her in - I think you can guess the rest . . . .

I've been asking around, people don't particulalry remember that exactly, if you're a little off with the description there's this:

Anyway, if the details are off could be...

"Hammer House of Horror" Children of the Full Moon : Children of the Full Moon (TV episode 1980) - IMDb

Plot : "While driving in a lonely road with his wife Sarah for their honeymoon in the cottage of his partner, the just-married lawyer Tom has mechanical troubles with his car almost losing control. He parks the car and decides to walk in the woods with Sarah trying to find a telephone. They arrive in an isolated mansion and are welcomed by the bizarre Hungarian owner Mrs. Ardoy, who lives with two dogs and eight foster children. Sarah and Tom are lodged to spend the night, when weird events happen. On the next morning, Tom is in a hospital recovering from a car wreck with Sarah and concludes that he had dreamed. When they return to their daily life, a pregnant Sarah has an intense sexual appetite and cooks only meat, while Tom is intrigued with his dream"

The wife does go back to the house alone near the end!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Watched Les Diaboliques again last night as Mrs Gwylan hadn't seen it. As I knew the story, I wasn't freaked out but Mrs G was seriously unnerved - reminded me of the first time that I watched it. It's a genuinely creepy film.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've been asking around, people don't particulalry remember that exactly, if you're a little off with the description there's this:

Coincidentally I was thinking of The Two Faces of Evil, another classic episode from that same Hammer House of Horror series, but again, the details don't quite match - car goes off road after family pick up a hitchhiker on a lonely road.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
There was a horror I remember watching as a kid (late 80s I think) but only remember little details, the main one being it had some gore and lots of people dying, one way a bloke died was he got trapped in a Grain Silo and the grain came out the filter at the top and drowned him in there. I thought it was Children Of The Corn but having seen that recently...it was'nt...anyone have a clue?

Andi_Brooks

Jul 29, 2011
Bela Lugosi was supposed to have watched a game while performing at the Theatre Royal in April/May 1951. Can anyone confirm that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here