Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which HORROR film...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The TV series Arthur C Clarkes World Of Strange Powers documentary series used to shit me up when I was about 7 or 8 . They would cover Poltergeists or strange "but true" tales, famous ghosts, demonic hauntings etc. I would watch it because I liked being scared but I would then literally not be able to sleep with worry that night. Shivers down my spine!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Not a horror film, but I watched Knowing last night and got really freaked out. I just didn't care much for the creepy alien men that looked like Spike from Buffy and the horrible whispering voices.

But then again I am a total wimp when it comes to anything remotely scary!

Has anyone seen that Devil film which is out in the cinema at the moment? Is that scary?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Last House on the Left remake was pretty decent.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Hammer House of Horror TV Series also did it for me - The Two Faces of Evil and Children of the Full Moon getting special mention.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Surprised nobody has mentioned this

[yt]rlww8Yk2ASY[/yt]

Creepy score
Set in a dance school for young teenage girls
Maggotts dropping from the ceiling during an evening meal
Some particuarly gruesome deaths

Real pant filler

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
The Haunting(1963) directed by Robert Wise terrified me as a kid, as did Don't Look Now by Nic Roeg. More recently the japanese version of Dark Water was pretty creepy.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not a horror film, but I watched Knowing last night and got really freaked out. I just didn't care much for the creepy alien men that looked like Spike from Buffy and the horrible whispering voices.

Has anyone seen that Devil film which is out in the cinema at the moment? Is that scary?

I enjoyed Knowing.The first horror film i saw was Omen 2 when i was about 11.That really did shit me up at the time.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The Exorcist for me. Had nightmares for weeks after that, even the book scares the crap out of me.
And the Hammer house of Horror, one particular episode where there is a man hitchhiking in a yellow waterproof coat. :eek:

SuperMario

PLAY IT!
Sep 6, 2006

Not scary just jumpy in a few places

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
[REC] - which is a scary Spanish film, I had to walk out of my front room turning light's on and off as I went from front room to hall, hall to the bedroom!

Martyrs - French horror film, seriously f***ing scared me!!!

Don't be Afraid of the Dark - TV movie, but I will still not watch it to this day, terrified me as a child!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
The Sixth Sense

Not so much the film, but the fact that whilst watching it, one of my wife's teddy bears fell off a shelf above me and landed on my head, scared the living crap out of me.

We were watching Pet Sematary one summer's evening with the curtains closed but the window open for ventilation. During one particularly tense scene, our cat decided to make a sudden entrance through said open window. My sister had to be peeled off the ceiling. My initial reaction was one of shock, after which I collapsed to the floor in a fit of hysterical laughter.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Hammer House of Horror TV Series also did it for me - The Two Faces of Evil and Children of the Full Moon getting special mention.

I liked the one with Nicholas Ball and Peter Cushing when a mad man who caged Animals decided to do the same to Nicholas Ball trapping him in a small room under the basement.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The early part of Clockwork Orange is really sick but The Exorcist is the most disturbing horror film I've ever seen.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Horror films are my favourite genre. I never really get scared by them though.

I watched '30 Days of Night' the other day, and thought it was brilliant. Best horror I've seen in awhile.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Can't watch them, all of them scare me half to death. ET scared the living life out of me at age 9 and I've had nightmares about it since...

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
The Last House on the Left remake was pretty decent.

Agreed. Not so much scary but disturbing.

Anyone seen 1408 (room 1408). Scary stuff.

saw pyranha 3d the other night which was just non stop quality munching.

But the most disturbing film ive seen has to be the passion of christ. So horrendously graphic.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There was a TV version of "The Woman In Black" shown on the BBC one Christmas eve years ago.

I nearly climbed off the back of my chair during that.. f*** me.It's highly rated by horror buffs around the world but is not available on DVD in the UK.

Also one of the Exorcist sequels...the actual proper sequel by Peter Blatty called "Legion"...theres some proper shocks in that too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here