Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the next win coming from?

D

Deleted member 2719

I was absolutely gob smacked when Knight sacked Wilkins and have thought quite frankly it is the worse decision that has been made at this club for a long time.
I wanted to back Knight but he has given me and many Albion fans no reason to - his attitude isn't that much different to his namesake Leon (I can do no wrong attitude).

He really has got to take a long hard look at himself and stop passing the buck when it suits him.

Knight is to blame we all know it - it just some of his groupies will back him until the cows come home.

It's all your own doing Dick.

D

Deleted member 2719

Blame can't be attributed to just one person.

There are many many people to blame for our current league position and fortune.
This is true but IMO Dick was the instigator and is happy to take the praise and should therefore take the flak.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Oh do f*** off. Have you seen the league table or the utter dross we have been serving up for months?

We had a relatively good season last year with a mix of experience, home grown players and a few loanees. Our egomaniac of a chairman thought he knew best and appointed a manager who after leaving us has been more or less rubbish for years replacing a long term club servant. That manager has destroyed our young players, filled half the team with other clubs players, and ripped the players spirit to shreds.

A total f*** up is the best description I can think of.

So why are there the same reactions now to those at the beginning of the season, all negativity and moaning and complaining - when have the fans been vocally supportive of the team this season? or even in recent seasons? - no, i can't remember when the last time was either

Wilkins was subject to many a thread last season calling for his sacking and Adams return, yet a good spell got us to an artificially high position and the fans on here talked themselves into believing that promotion was the only thing that was aceptable this season.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
i blame dick cus i think we should have kept dean here for at least one more season to at least prove himself and build the foundations for/if another manager were to take over

I dont blame adams but hes gotta sort this mess out fast and get us back on track cus the looks of it we will bea in league 2 with a stadium built for league1 or championship status

DICK OUT :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is true but IMO Dick was the instigator and is happy to take the praise and should therefore take the flak.

I think the cock up from Dick Knight and the board was thinking that Adams was automatically going to bring the crowds back. It seems that the job was not even advertised. I am sure there were plenty of managers or potential managers that would have jumped at the chance of taking us forward.

If the rumours of siding with the agent/player ahead of the club when it came to contract negotiations are to be believed then it was really Wilkins that instigated it. I was/am a big fan of Wilkins and was bitterly disappointed to see him sacked, but perhaps there are mitigating circumstances that made his position untenable. Could the club have moved forward if the board could not trust the manager?

I think the major downside of this whole saga is that we lost a very good coach out of it and have not replaced him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Baloney

All this blame culture, why don't you f***ing look at yourselves if you want blame.

Get behind Mickey and the boys

|I take it you are on a wind up. Have you actually seen us play this season?

This afternoon was inept. When we started with Fraser and el abd in midfield, Colchester must have thought Bingo.......our only creative midfielder was left running up and down the touchline, with our coaching staff looking on.

I said to Harty in July that this was a monumental f*** up and it gives me no pleasure to see my prophecy come to fruition. DK has got it wrong...simple as!

I honestly believe that on the one hand the club is on a tremendous high with Falmer building work coming on, however on the way out today I heard many people suggesting that the most important thing is the footballing side, which at the moment is on a downward spiral. If we lose at Swindon, I dread to think what the gate will be for New Years Day.

I dont think Adams has the guile to get us out of this.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What game is that on New Year's Day Dave ?.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Baloney

All this blame culture, why don't you f***ing look at yourselves if you want blame.

Get behind Mickey and the boys

Whilst I admire your undying faith, I,m confused by your request to "get behind Micky and the boys"....?

I,m aware that you were 100% behind "micky and the boys" before the starting whistle today, and indeed at the final whistle too.

However, you admit that this was done from your sofa at home........and that you didn,t actually attend the Withdean.

Do you think we lost today, because, on your own...at home.....your 100% belief in Micky and the boys, was insufficient...?

Should the 6-7000 of us, (who actually witnessed the dross served up today AT Withdean), stay at our respective homes next week, and join you in some sort of mesmerising chant, or whatever you have to do, to be 100% behind Micky and the boys...?

Would our collective "chanting" etc etc etc.......be more effective then...?

We must try something.............because Mr. Adams is clearly unable to achieve better results on his own.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So why are there the same reactions now to those at the beginning of the season, all negativity and moaning and complaining - when have the fans been vocally supportive of the team this season? or even in recent seasons? - no, i can't remember when the last time was either

Wilkins was subject to many a thread last season calling for his sacking and Adams return, yet a good spell got us to an artificially high position and the fans on here talked themselves into believing that promotion was the only thing that was aceptable this season.

What are you on about? The fans dont make a team as shit as we are. In fact plenty of teams with support much worse than ours do very well. Maybe some people were complaining because the removal of our last manager for this one was totaly out of order.

You do not finish 7th in the league over 46 games "artificially". What a load of crap.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When Nicky Forster of Glenn Murray hit the post or shoot wide, do we blame Mickey Adams? When Kuipers or Sullivan concede a goal, do we blame Adams? When Dean Cox can't get a cross or corner past the first man, do we blame Adams? When every one of Richards crosses floated into the walsall keeper's hands, was it mickey who received the abuse?

He put them on the pitch. He was to them what Dick Knight is to him.

He put someone capable of doing the job in the role, and that person has not got it done. The blame lays with them.

I voted Micky in this one.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Whilst I admire your undying faith, I,m confused by your request to "get behind Micky and the boys"....?

I,m aware that you were 100% behind "micky and the boys" before the starting whistle today, and indeed at the final whistle too.

However, you admit that this was done from your sofa at home........and that you didn,t actually attend the Withdean.

Do you think we lost today, because, on your own...at home.....your 100% belief in Micky and the boys, was insufficient...?

Should the 6-7000 of us, (who actually witnessed the dross served up today AT Withdean), stay at our respective homes next week, and join you in some sort of mesmerising chant, or whatever you have to do, to be 100% behind Micky and the boys...?

Would our collective "chanting" etc etc etc.......be more effective then...?

We must try something.............because Mr. Adams is clearly unable to achieve better results on his own.

100% Agree:clap2::clap2:

1067Seagull

Banned
Jun 27, 2008
Today, as I watched the clock tick down while the team scuffled and struggled against a pretty dire team, waiting for Adams to make a change to try to WIN the game, he did nothing.

i disagreed. tony adams DID bring on three substitutes, and our captain Dean Hammond,s team then immedietely scored

Go GOALS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here