Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the new striker

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why has it taken us so long? Can we get it sorted soon pse?

Why are football fans so impatient?

Maybe the strikers we had lined up got offers we couldnt match? (Ribas)

Maybe the strikers we had lined up wanted to wait and see what other offers they would get before the window shuts.

Maybe the strikers we wanted decided to stay at their club (McCormack)

Maybe the strikers we wanted cost too much (Rhodes)

Maybe the strikers we wanted have unrealiatc wage demands (BZ)

THE SEASON HASNT STARTED YET!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Maybe the strikers we had lined up wanted to wait and see what other offers they would get before the window shuts.

Quite. The days have gone when we delayed signing someone to keep the payroll down.

Just be patient.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If Glenn Murray is the GEM, it's a fake one.

littleGem.jpg

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

All good points, rationally and logically made, but I still maintain that we have known that we needed a striker for a long time now. I'm not complaining just overly expectant I guess. No doubt Gus will have the issue sorted soon.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
If it were to be Glenn Murray, i for one would be f***ing delighted!!!

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
I don't get why everyone is so desperate for a new striker. I'd be happy if we went the same way as last season.

As in the goals are spread around the team, and not one person. Vicente, Buckley, Barnes, CMS will all have their share of goals next season, I'm sure!

And our goal count wasn't the worse last season and will only be better this season.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

All good points but with the league season kicking off in 9 days time I would like to see us get this striker signed asap so he gets at least a weeks training with the squad before the Hull City game.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Don't want Murray anywhere near our club again. He's Infected. Also he made his bed when he chose them. Simple.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I take all the points about operating as we are, but there will be times when we will be need the option that a physical and mobile striker can bring, such as Cardiff at home last year when they sat deep and it was difficult to break them down. I also think we need them on board sooner rather than toward the end of the transfer window. As it stands we have no hoskins and doubts over CMS fitness and I am not sure we can go to places like Hull away and be successful with the current players available to us in forward areas.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I take all the points about operating as we are, but there will be times when we will be need the option that a physical and mobile striker can bring, such as Cardiff at home last year when they sat deep and it was difficult to break them down. I also think we need them on board sooner rather than toward the end of the transfer window. As it stands we have no hoskins and doubts over CMS fitness and I am not sure we can go to places like Hull away and be successful with the current players available to us in forward areas.

Spot on and we have a game at Crawley tomorrow as our last friendly...then cup footie next week... Time is running out, desperately need to see something happening very soon..

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Spot on and we have a game at Crawley tomorrow as our last friendly...then cup footie next week... Time is running out, desperately need to see something happening very soon..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here