Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the new striker

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wish you hadn't of put this on here. I know all these goals were scored at a lower level than what we are at now, I know he then joined the scum, and I know he didn't have a great season last year, but I bloody love Glenn Murray. Top striker who can score all sorts of goals. He would improve our squad no doubt for me.

The 3rd (i think) of his 4 away at Wycombe is pure class. Drop of the shoulder commits the defender and then a classic finish across the keeper. Lovely stuff.

Yup. Baffles me how some STILL couldn't see how class he was. Superb all round player.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Where a player plays for the most part as a striker but freely moves around such as Fabregas with Spain during the Euros. A False 9 is someone who is not a centre forward, playing in that position with freedom.

Its an obscure slang term used by people who want to sound clever but really dont know what they are talking about. Why cant you just say a striker that plays deep?

Its like the terms Hold up forwards and midfeilders used on here, meaning target men and play maker. People who use these terms are usually the ones spouting the most bollocks.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Its an obscure slang term used by people who want to sound clever but really dont know what they are talking about. Why cant you just say a striker that plays deep?

Its like the terms Hold up forwards and midfeilders used on here, meaning target men and play maker. People who use these terms are usually the ones spouting the most bollocks.

its not a striker playing deep though, its a midfielder playing high and taking up positions a centre forward would, but they aren't restricted to that position as much as a normal centre forward is.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
C'mon Sheebs, time to let it go. Pretty hard to have a go at someone where it was pretty clear they NEEDED the money.

Is that true tho? I've heard 1000 different stories mate. I still maintain if I was in that position I would personally choose one of the other 90 football lg clubs and not do a thing like join the bitter rivals (Sol Campbell etc). IMO this rumour isn't true (and I am usually open to most rumours) - why would Palarse even sell him back to us - reasonable price or not. If he DID come back I would give him the chance to make up for his stupid move etc etc but I just can't see it happening. All this Murray love-in is embarrassing on here - despite Palace being in a woeful position themselves, they will still get mild amusement from reading Albion fans praising him (when in reality he's been shit for Palace by all accounts). Let's just see....

Can't forgive the oddball **** though :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
its not a striker playing deep though, its a midfielder playing high and taking up positions a centre forward would, but they aren't restricted to that position as much as a normal centre forward is.

Please don't use the phrase again :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is that true tho? I've heard 1000 different stories mate. I still maintain if I was in that position I would personally choose one of the other 90 football lg clubs and not do a thing like join the bitter rivals (Sol Campbell etc). IMO this rumour isn't true (and I am usually open to most rumours) - why would Palarse even sell him back to us - reasonable price or not. If he DID come back I would give him the chance to make up for his stupid move etc etc but I just can't see it happening. All this Murray love-in is embarrassing on here - despite Palace being in a woeful position themselves, they will still get mild amusement from reading Albion fans praising him (when in reality he's been shit for Palace by all accounts). Let's just see....

Can't forgive the oddball **** though :)

He was my first properly "favourite" player since I started going again (around 07-08). I can't help still having a soft spot for him.

For the record, I also don't think he's coming back either, and I think we are looking at higher calibre players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was my first properly "favourite" player since I started going again (around 07-08). I can't help still having a soft spot for him.

For the record, I also don't think he's coming back either, and I think we are looking at higher calibre players.

Crofts was my fav player of the Slade / Gus season and look where he is now... Then the next season it was Benno...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What's the right way of saying it then? Vicente is gonna play up front?

I always thought it was the 'free role'? Just cos someone on Sky Sports invented a new phrase it doesn't mean it's the new cool thing to say :) No offence meant.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I spoke to the person who told me that Murray was coming back, and his source (he told me who it was) it close enough to Gus to make me feel there's some substance to it.

I hope you are wrong, he committed the ultimate sin. I hate him with a passion. I would rather have a donkey like Heskey than that turncoat

I think the club have moved on now and would hope we are setting our sights higher than that infected waste of space

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I spoke to the person who told me that Murray was coming back, and his source (he told me who it was) it close enough to Gus to make me feel there's some substance to it.

I have a feeling who the poster is who's started this rumour. And I believe they have been right on a few things before. However, I do think it's a one man rumour that's come from this one poster on here and has been blown out of proportion... I just can't see it happening (if I'm proved wrong I won't mind as the **** can play football well) (depending which version of him we get)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I hope you are wrong, he committed the ultimate sin. I hate him with a passion. I would rather have a donkey like Heskey than that turncoat

I think the club have moved on now and would hope we are setting our sights higher than that infected waste of space

I'd have him back, irrespective of the Palace taint. He certainly would have to accept he'd not be gauranteed a start though, as we'd have a lot of competition for the forward positions.

Put it this way -he'd improve our squad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd have him back, irrespective of the Palace taint. He certainly would have to accept he'd not be gauranteed a start though, as we'd have a lot of competition for the forward positions.

Put it this way -he'd improve our squad.

This.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Glen Murray is dead to me......committed the ultimate sin........can never come back.......most people hated him anyway before he scored a few in his last season with us.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I see Villa's Andreas Weimann has popped up on the rumours site as a loan target.

Got to be porkies as HKFC reckoned we'd cream our pants over the 'secure' loan signing.

Kleenex staying in the box on this one.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
We will sign someone after 11 O'clock ...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Setting our sights higher purely on a footballing basis is fine.

All the other 'hate' stuff is just silly small-minded nonsense. Rest assured that, if this is a possibility, the club won't care about the 'hate' stuff, only whether he is good enough for the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here