Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the new striker

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Glenn Murray was class for us. Youtube proves it.

It is satisfying though, that Freedman's much hyped freebie, contributed little to a dull and struggling CPteam.

What You Tube does not show is that he committed the ultimate f*** off to Brighton fans and pissed off to the scum! He may have been good in league one but he is still a:tosser:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
To be fair, he couldn't "have gone anywhere." He basically had Millwall on lower wages, stay with us on lower wages and no signing on fee or Palace on better wages, a longer contract and a signing on fee to choose from. He isn't a Brighton fan so the Palace thing would mean f*** all to him.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
To be fair, he couldn't "have gone anywhere." He basically had Millwall on lower wages, stay with us on lower wages and no signing on fee or Palace on better wages, a longer contract and a signing on fee to choose from. He isn't a Brighton fan so the Palace thing would mean f*** all to him.

This :clap2:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Its an obscure slang term used by people who want to sound clever but really dont know what they are talking about. Why cant you just say a striker that plays deep?

Its like the terms Hold up forwards and midfeilders used on here, meaning target men and play maker. People who use these terms are usually the ones spouting the most bollocks.

Why don't YOU call a target-man a Centre-Forward? And a play-maker is or was..erm an inside forward. And call Lua-lua a minger. I mean whinger.

After a year of Muzza jumping ship, you lot are still getting steamed up about his departure. Get a life.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't get why everyone is so desperate for a new striker. I'd be happy if we went the same way as last season.

As in the goals are spread around the team, and not one person. Vicente, Buckley, Barnes, CMS will all have their share of goals next season, I'm sure!

And our goal count wasn't the worse last season and will only be better this season.

If we are aiming for promotion, then we need more goals... sorry to burst your rose-tinted bubble...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why do we? Tell me how many days before the season started that Bobby Zamora signed for us again??????

Albion 'overly complacent' Dan!? :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we are aiming for promotion, then we need more goals... sorry to burst your rose-tinted bubble...

It's a VERY basic way of looking at football to only look at what strikers are in the side to how many goals a team will score. A better GK, LB, RB and AM all have a massive knock on effect. I would bet you a huge amount of money we will play more attacking football and score more goals this coming season, it's logic.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's a VERY basic way of looking at football to only look at what strikers are in the side to how many goals a team will score. A better GK, LB, RB and AM all have a massive knock on effect.

Agreed, but surely you can see we need a new striker!?

Gus clearly can...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed, but surely you can see we need a new striker!?

Gus clearly can...

I want a new striker in if they are a cut above Barnes, CMS and Hoskins, or offer something drastically different. I think we would probably finish about 10th this coming season even if we didn't buy one though, as we have massively improved the side in other departments which will in turn improve the attacking side.

I'd rather wait and get the right man than rush and get the next Billy Paynter.

Ps - Glenn Murray is still a judas **** and everyone needs to stop praising him. All this from one NSC posters rumour isn't it? (correct me if i'm wrong)

He may have been the most amazing plant...starts the season, gets Palace hopes up, scores against us then completely ineffectual for the rest of the season. His mood upsets players, so loads leave, changing room issues mean none join...this could all be part of a brilliant plan. Now where is that illuminati post about the Olympics, he needs to hear about this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here