Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the new striker

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Poyet = A good manager

However he has never been able to recognise, bring in a decent forward since his tenure started.

Now..........the abuse

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He'd be good but we still need a striker. McCeachran is a midfielder so it looks as though if you're right, Vicente will play false 9 or left wing, blasting in crosses for the big guy.

What is a false 9?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Why do we? Tell me how many days before the season started that Bobby Zamora signed for us again??????

True
bz signed a day or so before the start of the season...but remember he HAD been on loan the season before and knew how MA played. It is widely known new players at bha need some time to adapt to the way we play, hence the running out of potential game time that is not bearing significance on the league or cup..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd rather wait and get the right man than rush and get the next Billy Paynter.

Ps - Glenn Murray is still a judas **** and everyone needs to stop praising him. All this from one NSC posters rumour isn't it? (correct me if i'm wrong)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
if its Murrey I am happy, he might not be the 20 goal striker we want, but having him in the team, will make CMS a 20 goal striker.

I dont want Vicente up front, he looks better coming from midfield and going on those mazy runs.

just my opinion of course.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I spoke to the person who told me that Murray was coming back, and his source (he told me who it was) it close enough to Gus to make me feel there's some substance to it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I don't see how anyone can watch this and not just see a sublimely classy player (for League One level). His touch and intelligent is way beyond the defenders numerous times.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Poyet = A good manager

However he has never been able to recognise, bring in a decent forward since his tenure started.

Now..........the abuse

The amount of goals we scored in our League One winning season would suggest you are wrong. Barnes and Murray were both SUPERB that season.

Under Gus we will never play as a one man team - i.e. a single striker that scores 30 odd, where all the service goes to him. That just isn't how Gus plays.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd rather wait and get the right man than rush and get the next Billy Paynter.

Ps - Glenn Murray is still a judas **** and everyone needs to stop praising him. All this from one NSC posters rumour isn't it? (correct me if i'm wrong)

C'mon Sheebs, time to let it go. Pretty hard to have a go at someone where it was pretty clear they NEEDED the money.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
I hope it's not Murray, that would be like Redknapp going to Southampton and saying i made a terrible mistake and comes back to f*ck the club up and all through greed.

As far as i am concerned Murray made his bed (Palarse) he can lie in it.

this

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.

Wish you hadn't of put this on here. I know all these goals were scored at a lower level than what we are at now, I know he then joined the scum, and I know he didn't have a great season last year, but I bloody love Glenn Murray. Top striker who can score all sorts of goals. He would improve our squad no doubt for me.

The 3rd (i think) of his 4 away at Wycombe is pure class. Drop of the shoulder commits the defender and then a classic finish across the keeper. Lovely stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here