Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Where there’s a binding contract and known consideration sum, it’s accounted for at that time. [Economic substance takes precedence over legal form. The right to the asset existed at an earlier date to all legal or industry formalities being ticked off].

So three separate things:
1. Binding contract = capitalise new player or disposals in the accounts.
2. Not affecting the accounts at all … formalities completed.
3. The financing of the dead/cash flows, typically instalments over several years.
I have no idea whether you are saying (in your view) Chelsea could legitimately include a player sale to SA in season 2022-23 accounts? :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have no idea whether you are saying (in your view) Chelsea could legitimately include a player sale to SA in season 2022-23 accounts? :shrug:

If a binding contract to buy or sell a player exists on 30 June (using the date the person asking quoted), the transaction in full goes into the 2022/23 accounts.

This is a general accounting concept, not stemming from football’s FFP.

Lawyers or governments crossing the t’s on 1 July, is not the key.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If a binding contract to buy or sell a player exists on 30 June (using the date the person asking quoted), the transaction in full goes into the 2022/23 accounts.

This is my thought too, so I think the Athletic are wrong, and the July 1 opening of the Saudi Arabian transfer window will have no impact on Chelsea's ability to raise funds in 2022-23 to help them comply with FFP.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Earlier this evening I watched the highlights of Chelsea away and pretty much every chance seemed to come from caicedo winning the ball. He was breathtaking that day. Made one late error but before then he sensational.

I was at a bbq this evening and chatting to Man U fans who were strongly against signing him for two reasons.

1. Casemiro is twice the defensive midfielder than caicedo will ever be. I asked if they missed the fa cup semi when there was a clear winner that day.
2. No chance they want him and caicedo because double pivot is really negative and they want to score more goals. I pointed out that we play double pivot and score loads and since Xmas created chances as well as anyone in Europe but that was dismissed as nonsense.

They want to attract “higher calibre of player than Brighton players”

It was a strange chat.
The conclusion here is that many man U fans don't have a clue.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Things like this seems to be written as some sort of threat, forgetting that we’re totally fine with the deal not happening..
Man city did it too when they were trying to buy Cucurella. To be fair they kept their word so hopefully chelsea will too(provided they have actually said they wont go above 80m).

It is a weirdly worded and strange thing to say though. Maybe it's an attempt to make their thicko fans think they're doing all they can and are being tough but sensible negotiators?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Athletic now reporting man u in the race ....

Manchester United have also held talks with Moises Caicedo’s representatives over a potential move from Brighton

All gone very quiet re Chelsea from romano.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
May have already been asked/answered, long thread.

Are signings after 30 June rolled into next year‘s FFP?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Earlier this evening I watched the highlights of Chelsea away and pretty much every chance seemed to come from caicedo winning the ball. He was breathtaking that day. Made one late error but before then he sensational.

I was at a bbq this evening and chatting to Man U fans who were strongly against signing him for two reasons.

1. Casemiro is twice the defensive midfielder than caicedo will ever be. I asked if they missed the fa cup semi when there was a clear winner that day.
2. No chance they want him and caicedo because double pivot is really negative and they want to score more goals. I pointed out that we play double pivot and score loads and since Xmas created chances as well as anyone in Europe but that was dismissed as nonsense.

They want to attract “higher calibre of player than Brighton players”

It was a strange chat.
Well, there's entitlement for you!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Man city did it too when they were trying to buy Cucurella. To be fair they kept their word so hopefully chelsea will too(provided they have actually said they wont go above 80m).

It is a weirdly worded and strange thing to say though. Maybe it's an attempt to make their thicko fans think they're doing all they can and are being tough but sensible negotiators?
I'm awaiting all the Chelsea fans tweeting about how they never wanted him

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Nah, transactions are recognised at the point that control transfers. This is what accounting principles actually say - per IFRS 15.

Control will transfer when the registration of the players transfers, I.e. first July

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Athletic now reporting man u in the race ....

Manchester United have also held talks with Moises Caicedo’s representatives over a potential move from Brighton

All gone very quiet re Chelsea from romano.....
This is the problem when "the player has almost agreed personal terms" 438,227 times in the last two months before a bid has even made. If the asking price is out of their reach, they can almost agree terms another 438,227 times and it won't make the slightest bit of difference.

Personally, (if he doesn't stay) I'd rather he goes to Manchester United. At least they have a decent manager and he will play in the Champions League. Signing for Chelsea is all about money in the short term and the vague hope that they can sort out the mess of players they have there into some kind of coherent team.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chelsea have informed Brighton they are not willing to meet their asking price of £80million for Moises Caicedo.

Brighton rejected two bids from Arsenal for the Ecuador international during the January transfer window but are prepared to let him leave for the right price this summer with Manchester United also keen on his services.

Chelsea are thought to be favourites to land the 21-year-old, having reportedly agreed personal terms with the midfielder.

But the Blues are yet to open negotiations with Brighton and according to The Times, have informed the club they have no plans to meet their current asking price.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Chelsea have informed Brighton they are not willing to meet their asking price of £80million for Moises Caicedo.

Brighton rejected two bids from Arsenal for the Ecuador international during the January transfer window but are prepared to let him leave for the right price this summer with Manchester United also keen on his services.

Chelsea are thought to be favourites to land the 21-year-old, having reportedly agreed personal terms with the midfielder.

But the Blues are yet to open negotiations with Brighton and according to The Times, have informed the club they have no plans to meet their current asking price.

Oh no! What a shame, absolutely gutted. :cry:

The funniest thing out of all this is they gave us 63m for Cucurella, think Mount is worth 65m and won’t go near 80m for Caicedo :lolol: Its the financial version of the benny hill music. 🤡

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

All part of the game.

Now: “We won’t pay that ridiculous asking price!”

Chelsea will shop around, find that every other club is asking them for a ton of money, for a player not as good as Caicedo.

Late August: “We’d like to pay that asking price please”

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011

I think the word 'current' is misleading, as it implies our asking price might decrease if Chelsea try to play hardball with Tony

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think the word 'current' is misleading, as it implies our asking price might decrease if Chelsea try to play hardball with Tony
Based on how they've conducted their transfer business so far under boehly they probably mean they'll only meet our asking price if we raise it.

'Currently ' its too low and no one will think they've signed a decent player if the price is that low...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here