Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think the word 'current' is misleading, as it implies our asking price might decrease if Chelsea try to play hardball with Tony
And the Metro or Chelsea need to understand better the word 'ransom'. They won't be held to ransom makes no sense. One can only pay ransom for something that is already yours.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Chelsea have informed Brighton they are not willing to meet their asking price of £80million for Moises Caicedo.

Brighton rejected two bids from Arsenal for the Ecuador international during the January transfer window but are prepared to let him leave for the right price this summer with Manchester United also keen on his services.

Chelsea are thought to be favourites to land the 21-year-old, having reportedly agreed personal terms with the midfielder.

But the Blues are yet to open negotiations with Brighton and according to The Times, have informed the club they have no plans to meet their current asking price.

“Hi Tony, it’s Todd. Yeah, listen, so we don’t want to pay £80m for your boy Moises. We think that’s way too much”

Tony…
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think the word 'current' is misleading, as it implies our asking price might decrease if Chelsea try to play hardball with Tony
No. It will only increase. If Caicedo stays with us this season, he will get better.

It took Liverpool a while to get VVD out of Southampton and I think it could take Manure/Chelsea/Arsenal some time to get Caicedo out of the Albion. Until FFP is right with those teams, they are not going to pay the money Tony demands.

It’s really a huge hole for us to fill. With him, we go for another top 6 finish plus cup semis with huge confidence and expectation. Without him, anywhere in the top 10 is a brilliant finish.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's so utterly tedious the way these clubs just faff around with these deals. Chelsea all huff and no puff without even talking to the Albion about Moises after they have invested so much time in courting Caceido's representatives. Now they look set to not sell Mount to Utd and apparently bail on Moises and allow someone else to swoop in. If ever there was a club that should change its badge to a facepalm emoji it is Chelsea utter joke.

You know what I am beginning to seriously think that we have a slim chance of keeping hold of our midfield maestro if the big clubs continue to low ball us. The new contract does give us the leverage this window and I am confident we will maximise it this window.

Bored of this nonsense already

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It's so utterly tedious the way these clubs just faff around with these deals. Chelsea all huff and no puff without even talking to the Albion about Moises after they have invested so much time in courting Caceido's representatives. Now they look set to not sell Mount to Utd and apparently bail on Moises and allow someone else to swoop in. If ever there was a club that should change its badge to a facepalm emoji it is Chelsea utter joke.

You know what I am beginning to seriously think that we have a slim chance of keeping hold of our midfield maestro if the big clubs continue to low ball us. The new contract does give us the leverage this window and I am confident we will maximise it this window.

Bored of this nonsense already
We are only bored of the noise and the apparent lecherous glances by all and sundry for a key player in our side. Has our exec team even had any official contact with anyone about MC? The fact that non-European football, shambolic Chelsea are supposedly sniffing around us again just adds to the frustration. I’m sure there are many fanbases that roll their eyes when every wonder kid is linked with us. It’s all f***ing click bait (until it’s not).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We are only bored of the noise and the apparent lecherous glances by all and sundry for a key player in our side. Has our exec team even had any official contact with anyone about MC? The fact that non-European football, shambolic Chelsea are supposedly sniffing around us again just adds to the frustration. I’m sure there are many fanbases that roll their eyes when every wonder kid is linked with us. It’s all f***ing click bait (until it’s not).
I agree. I'm even bored with the click bait accounts linking us to players as well. Just wake me up when someone actually talks to someone else and gets a deal done.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
And yet they are holding out for £60m for Mason Mount, who has one year left on his contract.
Seems they are now going ‘all tough’ on negotiations after spunking too much money last summer.
This definitely. It seemed as if everyone was nicking their dinner money last season, now the worm has turned. Mind you if they get that kind of cash for Mount I reckon they've pulled a blinder.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Chelsea have informed Brighton they are not willing to meet their asking price of £80million for Moises Caicedo.

Brighton rejected two bids from Arsenal for the Ecuador international during the January transfer window but are prepared to let him leave for the right price this summer with Manchester United also keen on his services.

Chelsea are thought to be favourites to land the 21-year-old, having reportedly agreed personal terms with the midfielder.

But the Blues are yet to open negotiations with Brighton and according to The Times, have informed the club they have no plans to meet their current asking price.

TB's started publishing asking prices for our players ? Well there's a first :laugh:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Presumably we had full agreement on personal terms with Colwill? Wouldn’t have bothered bidding otherwise.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
All part of the game.

Now: “We won’t pay that ridiculous asking price!”

Chelsea will shop around, find that every other club is asking them for a ton of money, for a player not as good as Caicedo.

Late August: “We’d like to pay that asking price please”
At which point we say 'oh - the asking price has gone up a bit.....'

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Now that City have made a bid for Rice then Arsenal could come back for Moises?
....and the lowballing starts all over again.
Sullivan made it perfectly clear what he wanted for Rice but they still offered well below that, staggered over a number of years, opening the door for City. Their offer in January for MC was laughable. If they can't get their no.1 target over the line, even when he expressed an interest to go there ( apparently ) there is no chance they will reach the figure that TB wants.
Chelsea have more chance of doing a deal as they have at least one player we covet ( Colwill ) Throw Gallagher into the equation and the ball could be rolling. Still feel TB will do his best to keep MC and play tough, starting at over £100m. Personal terms agreed means nothing. Cue Mexican standoff for a couple of weeks, bidding, rejection, bidding, rejection, hissy fit from agent, disappointment from MC, more clubs sniffing, TB standing firm, clubs looking at £80-85m max, TB looking down his nose. Finally, in come a Galactico with enough and he has gone.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Very surprised that City would prefer Rice for a suggested 90 million over Moises. Not in the same class imo
I've been wondering about this.

I think he is more talented. Has a higher ceiling. Is more consistent and at a higher level. He's younger. Probably demanding lower wages than Rice.

But Moises is not English. He's a slightly less progressive midfielder. He's less experienced. Definitely less showy. Rarely scores a goal. Not as in the public eye.

Not great reasons to value him less, but all I can think of.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Think there's a lot of blue and white tinted specs around the place! Caicedo is a very, very good player, and will command a huge price - but I doubt it'll be as much as some are suggesting. We had a firm offer of £70M in January, which was rightly considered not enough in January, when it could have derailed our season.
Now that the season has ended though, it's a different story. I'm not suggesting we would or should accept £70M, but a figure not too far north of that is likely, IMHO. We have a player who wants away, and we've (probably) promised not to 'stand in his way' (though hopefully we haven't given him a deal like the one Mac's dad brokered for his lad!)
Of course inflated prices are being bandied around at this stage - but realistically West Ham ain't going to get £100M for Rice, Chelsea won't get £70M for Mount - and we ain't going to get £100M for Caicedo either. Eye-watering amount, certainly, but not £100M (just my opinion, of course, I'm certainly not ITK, or claiming to be!)

Last edited:
Reactions: SAC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here