Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
United have money and FFP issues and Casimero is their Caicedo. Chelsea have FFP issues, are a club in huge transition and have no European football. Both much bigger clubs than Brighton but not better footballing clubs. United’ll probably end up in the Europa and we’ll beat them. If decisions were made on these basis then MC should stay. Of course, as Saudi football shows, they’re categorically not.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If they don’t want to pay 55 million for Mount they are not going to pay 100 million for Moises
I don’t see either transfer relating to each other.

United not paying more than £55m for a good player with a year left on contract doesn’t mean they won’t oay £100 for a younger better player who has a longer contract

gabrielnrg

Jan 21, 2023
United coming into the fray with Chelsea holding out for silly buggers' money for Mason Mount; bidding war with Chelsea coming up. It won't end well for United - they'll lose. So will Moises, except financially - still, all those little starving Caicedos can afford pudding as well as a main course now, eh?
As an ecuadorian, knowing the reality of my country, and how people live in Europe, I find it really disgusting to keep reading this "silly jokes" about poverty.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As an ecuadorian, knowing the reality of my country, and how people live in Europe, I find it really disgusting to keep reading this "silly jokes" about poverty.
Do you think his comments / agents comments are a bit silly though ? He was hardly ‘poor’ on £20k a week or whatever we were paying him then

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
People here are not just thinking for their own family, but for entire communities that live in EXTREME poverty.
Agreed. Certain players have transformed the communities that they've been raised in. I think Moises is one of ten, but would probably be delighted to leave an impact beyond his family.
I think we have a higher proportion of arseholes in this country than you do in yours.
Pura vida

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The thing is nobody outside of us who watch him week in week out actually know just how good Moises is.

That feeling when he physically dominates the opposition and then hooks the ball away with his long muscular telescopic leg leaving his opponent bewildered and confused is simply orgasmic.

To replace Caicedo’s quality AND his energy + reliability fitness wise you need 2 players, will it be legal for us to play with 12 next season as a counter measure for the loss?

Honestly, you could hand pick me any other CM in the world I wouldn’t swap them for Moises, simply irreplaceable.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I love this article Brighton take major step toward sanctioning huge Chelsea transfer after £40m decision

Brighton have given Chelsea another boost to their hopes of signing Moises Caicedo this summer after making a transfer decision of their own. A £60m offer was submitted to the Seagulls in early June but that was swiftly rejected and now his exact price tag may be known.

According to Fabrizio Romano, Ajax star Mohammed Kudus is a concrete target for Roberto De Zerbi, although no official talks or offers have taken place.

There's certainly two people who know his exact price, TB and PBOBE. And we have a concrete target with whom we had no talks or offers :facepalm:
It's quite simple, if someone offers what TB/PBOBE want he can go, but do we really have to put up with this daily and sometimes hourly shit up until then :shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The thing is nobody outside of us who watch him week in week out actually know just how good Moises is.

That feeling when he physically dominates the opposition and then hooks the ball away with his long muscular telescopic leg leaving his opponent bewildered and confused is simply orgasmic.

To replace Caicedo’s quality AND his energy + reliability fitness wise you need 2 players, will it be legal for us to play with 12 next season as a counter measure for the loss?

Honestly, you could hand pick me any other CM in the world I wouldn’t swap them for Moises, simply irreplaceable.

I don't think there are many players like him. His tackling is unrivalled, I have simply never see anything like him in terms of tackling and interceptions. The fact that once he gets it he can also effectively play it off is something on top of that.

MacAllister is an excellent player but he does what lots of players do. Easier to replace.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Earlier this evening I watched the highlights of Chelsea away and pretty much every chance seemed to come from caicedo winning the ball. He was breathtaking that day. Made one late error but before then he sensational.

I was at a bbq this evening and chatting to Man U fans who were strongly against signing him for two reasons.

1. Casemiro is twice the defensive midfielder than caicedo will ever be. I asked if they missed the fa cup semi when there was a clear winner that day.
2. No chance they want him and caicedo because double pivot is really negative and they want to score more goals. I pointed out that we play double pivot and score loads and since Xmas created chances as well as anyone in Europe but that was dismissed as nonsense.

They want to attract “higher calibre of player than Brighton players”

It was a strange chat.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Earlier this evening I watched the highlights of Chelsea away and pretty much every chance seemed to come from caicedo winning the ball. He was breathtaking that day. Made one late error but before then he sensational.

I was at a bbq this evening and chatting to Man U fans who were strongly against signing him for two reasons.

1. Casemiro is twice the defensive midfielder than caicedo will ever be. I asked if they missed the fa cup semi when there was a clear winner that day.
2. No chance they want him and caicedo because double pivot is really negative and they want to score more goals. I pointed out that we play double pivot and score loads and since Xmas created chances as well as anyone in Europe but that was dismissed as nonsense.

They want to attract “higher calibre of player than Brighton players”

It was a strange chat.
Manchester United fans, you say.

Did you enjoy your evening in Guildford ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I have a question about this:

Obviously, if Chelsea sell a player to a Saudi Arabian club, the player registration can't actually be transferred and registered until the transfer window opens in SA (July 1) and the relevant international clearance is obtained. However, from a financial viewpoint, couldn't the deal still be agreed before June 30 (and therefore count for Chelsea in the 2022-23 financial period)?

Surely the player registration and the financial sale of an intangible asset (ie a player) are completely separate things?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And if Chelsea don't unload Mount by the 30th June it increases the pressure they are under to comply with FFP.
Meaning the chances of unloading Levi Colwill increases slightly.

*Although I'm sure they'll magically find a Saudi club to buy one of their players they don't want for about £80m to alleviate FFP pressure..

They sold Koulibaly today for £33m, Kovacic going through this week coming for £25m, Havertz £65m.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have a question about this:

Obviously, if Chelsea sell a player to a Saudi Arabian club, the player registration can't actually be transferred and registered until the transfer window opens in SA (July 1) and the relevant international clearance is obtained. However, from a financial viewpoint, couldn't the deal still be agreed before June 30 (and therefore count for Chelsea in the 2022-23 financial period)?

Surely the player registration and the financial sale of an intangible asset (ie a player) are completely separate things?

Where there’s a binding contract and known consideration sum, it’s accounted for at that time. [Economic substance takes precedence over legal form. The right to the asset existed at an earlier date to all legal or industry formalities being ticked off].

So three separate things:
1. Binding contract = capitalise new player or disposals in the accounts.
2. Not affecting the accounts at all … formalities completed.
3. The financing of the dead/cash flows, typically instalments over several years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here