Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Manchester United

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Evoking the spirit of @Kosh, Je me vous presente JUDAS PRIEST!! (shout that last bit) and United:

Look around
They're moving in
Hold your ground
When they begin
We can do it, we can do it
And if they want to they can try
But they'll never get near
Then they can get out of here
Gonna keep on driving
Never stop
United, united, united we stand
United we never shall fall
United we stand one and all
So keep it up
Don't give in
Make a stand
We're gonna win
We can do it, we can do it
And if they want to they can try
But they'll never get near

United we never shall fall

United we stand one and all

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
@Cheeky Monkey - I like it, that song was actually used by sheff utd during the Dave Bassett glory years… my dad had a vhs with a doc (with a cheesy chanty ‘crowd’ version of that song as the intro) about the promotion season to the old div 1 - way before all these new ‘dramatic’ insider docs… it was class… I remember a scene where Bassett was tearing into the players at HT… expletives abound, Brian Deane hiding his head under a towel… Mark Morris bravely staring him down…

This saga however, well, I find these words fit the bill rather nicely:

Oh the idol, Oh the idol
They knew the monster's every trick
They knew his secrets every stitch
All of it had been a game
Nothing but a charlatan
Perhaps there was a chance of coming through
It even seemed that he might think it too
But he could see no point in diving in
He knew that he would neither sink nor swim
And so they found he'd nothing left to say
Just another idol turned to clay…

It seemed to them he must know what to do
They knew that only he could pull them through
They thought that he would make a plan
He'd work it out, he'd understand
Like drowning men they clutched at every straw
They knew that he had saved them all before
But he could see no point in diving in
He knew that he would neither sink nor swim…

Just another idol turned to clay.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The clubs model up until now has worked, but things change and the situation at the club has changed, of course we must continue what has worked in some way but keeping Moises should be our priority.

I disagree the clubs model is to be a stepping stone, we have always accepted being a stepping stone because we’ve never been in Europe, never finished in the top 6 teams in the country, and never had a squad full of this class of talent.

I fully accept the possibility of Moises going and I understand him going in a sense but I just don’t believe there is any positive in him leaving, he’s so so so good.
How much evidence do you need before you'll 'agree' that the club's model is to be a stepping-stone. To name just the most recent:
Ali Mac, Tross, Biss, Cucu, Maupay, Ostigard, Burn.
Next up will be Moises. Will you accept it then?

It's positive in the sense that it demonstrates to emerging talent that we have a model, that we will play them young, that we have the most innovative coaching, the best facilities, and that we won't stand in their way when a substantially better (or, better, richer) offer comes to them, for the simple reason that other clubs have more money than us. We're competing against petro-states, and this is the way we do it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How much evidence do you need before you'll 'agree' that the club's model is to be a stepping-stone. To name just the most recent:
Ali Mac, Tross, Biss, Cucu, Maupay, Ostigard, Burn.
Next up will be Moises. Will you accept it then?

It's positive in the sense that it demonstrates to emerging talent that we have a model, that we will play them young, that we have the most innovative coaching, the best facilities, and that we won't stand in their way when a substantially better (or, better, richer) offer comes to them, for the simple reason that other clubs have more money than us. We're competing against petro-states, and this is the way we do it.
Baffling how some still haven’t worked this out………..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Baffling how some still haven’t worked this out………..
Needs to be filed with "Why are they fannying around with it at the back - just GET RID!"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's gone. I don't think we'll play differently next season.

Btw we bossed Arsenal at The Emirates while he played at right back so it's not all doom and gloom
We're absolutely fooked if we don't play differently next season.
The Premier League is now ready for RDZ, all his free hits have been cashed in.

Every team will have a plan in place to stop the Albion, and all the Albion wannabe copycats.

RDZ will need to kick on again.

I think we had glimpses of what's new for '24, towards the end of last season, with random dead ball pressing deep into their half, by the other centre back.
As well as Steele bringing the ball out past the centre back markers.

It'll be fun - but it won't be the same.

Last edited:

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
Is it possible that we will end up getting used in some messy ffp-maneuver where we pay an insane amount for Colwill at the end of june, and then Chelsea send the money back +a lot more in an even more insane deal a day or two after(in july)?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is it possible that we will end up getting used in some messy ffp-maneuver where we pay an insane amount for Colwill at the end of june, and then Chelsea send the money back +a lot more in an even more insane deal a day or two after(in july)?
It doesn’t really matter when Chelsea buy a player. If they paid 100m today, they’d only need to include 5 days’ worth of amortisation in the 2022-23 accounts.

(Although this would still be £274K)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here